Author Topic: Trailblazer Pass Announced  (Read 12262 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Trailblazer Pass Announced
« on: May 18, 2009, 07:56:14 PM »
I noticed that SDC has announced a new fastpass system recently.

http://www.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/offers-packages/default.aspx?id=259

Seems to be a watered-down version so far, to test the waters. It's sure to be expanded when they find out how much extra money it will make them. I just hope they don't start roping off rows on attractions like other parks do. Keep it fair SDC, that's all I have to say.

Thoughts?

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Trailblazer Pass Announced
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 09:12:06 PM »
I see why they'd want to do it, but SDC's lines are hardly ever long enough to implement something like this. If done correctly, I don't have a problem with it. But, if they start roping stuff off like you said, then it'll become a pain.

I won't be using this.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 10:05:04 PM »
Sad to see that SDC has taken the "SF route".
Are they hurting for money that badly?  ???

What's next?  Mandatory lockers at the entrances to the rides
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 10:13:30 PM »
^I don't think it's that bad yet. It has potential to go badly, but I think SDC still shows that they care about the guest experience overall - it's what gives them a competitive edge as everyone else adds big rides. They could have just rolled out Qbots. As they add more rides I'm sure they will - they've worked at DW as far as I've heard.

At least this way they'll finally be able to pay for that eurofighter  ;)

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 10:33:53 PM »
Hmm- surely this will only be sold to out of towners who don't know how short the lines are.  I can only think that you would need one for Lost River and maybe the Swing.  They don't let you use the pass on the Toboggan?  Bummer.  You don't think that they would ever manipulate lines to encourage people to buy these things?  If they only ran one coaster, they might increase sales. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 11:48:27 PM »
I honestly do not see the need for them.
The shows during World Fest and An Old Time Christmas, I can understand, but rides?
Seriously other than when there is an influx of busses with school kids on them, when are they busy enough to warrant this.

I guess I just don't like the different "tiers" of park guests.
The "rich shall inherit the better priviledges" urks me... especially in a time of recession
Why possibly alienate first time park guests due to a "pay to cut" guest when a line is long?
SWOOSH

the insider

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 08:36:10 AM »

No SDC and HFEC is not hurting for money, and one of the reasons we are going to weather this current economic downturn so well is that we respond to what our guests want. A lot of people have asked for this for the past few years. And compared to several other parks, this pass is very reasonable.

sdcforever

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 09:43:10 AM »
It's not worth the extra $20, IMO.  You can use it for 6 rides, so in effect you're paying more than $3 per line!

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 11:18:19 AM »
I agree SDC Rules.  Seems silly.  Plus I think that waiting in line makes the ride even better, my sister and I used to invent games in line to pass the time, it was always fun. 

Also, I don't go to many theme parks, so I didn't realize how many other places did this.  My only experience was at WDW and the fast pass, which was free. 

I don't see many season passers doing this...maybe a family that will only be there one day who wants to make sure they ride all the 'big' rides. 

Anyway, my only realy complaint is that you have to purchase the tickets at the booth just inside the turnstiles...where there is already a log jam of people.  While I don't understand why people come through the stiles and feel they must immediately stop, a large volume of people are now going to stop and gawk at the line rather then moving on up the hill to meet their group.
Oh well, as with all things that change, I will adjust. 
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 10:43:37 PM »
Swoosh-
     I can't believe that you opened the theological door of writing about favortism and other issues that are talked about in scripture.  Probably you did not mean for anyone to jump off on this point, but there is a nasty tinge of the rich buying favor and. . .man, I don't know how far I want to go with this.  Anyway, I have always looked at the show pass as possibly excusable because the elderly should not stand in line for an hour.  But, the elderly are not going to be on rides.  Don't take me too seriously, theology and capitalism gets ugly quick. . .but there may a clash of money v. ideals.

robbaldwin78

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 12:12:37 AM »
I think this is a great idea. I have been to sdc 5 times this month. This is my first year to hold a season pass and I work at night so I go during the day. There have been a lot of schools and church groups wed and thur. I will certainly purchase one of these when they become avalaible.

SteamFreak

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 06:50:59 AM »
I think you're right saloon gal, we go to sdc anywhere from every weekend to 2-3 times a week and if it's too crowded we just leave. I can understand the out of towners who only have a one day pass using one though it would be a good  way to make sure you got the full experence.

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 11:54:27 AM »
This is a foolish idea. We go to WDW, Cedar Point, Six Flags, and Silver Dollar City.  We love SDC, why????  The fun that is SDC.  It is not WDW or any of the rest.  Why change to please a few.  I would guess that most who come to SDC come for the whole experience
Why would anyone want to pay an extra $20 dollars a day to cut in line six times.

Change is always going to happen but change just for change is crazy.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 11:35:32 PM »

No SDC and HFEC is not hurting for money, and one of the reasons we are going to weather this current economic downturn so well is that we respond to what our guests want. A lot of people have asked for this for the past few years. And compared to several other parks, this pass is very reasonable.

Yeah hi, you're new here.  Don't kid yourself thinking you're the only one posting on this board that knows what is going on at SDC/HFEC.  I'm well aware that they are not hurting for money.
SWOOSH

the insider

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 08:47:13 AM »

Yeah hi, you're new here.  Don't kid yourself thinking you're the only one posting on this board that knows what is going on at SDC/HFEC.  I'm well aware that they are not hurting for money.

Well, no not new here, new to posting, yes. Never said i was the only one who knows whats going on at the city/HFEC, but i know more then you, trust me.