Author Topic: Trailblazer Pass Announced  (Read 12273 times)

SteamFreak

Re: Trailblazer Pass Announced
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 09:34:51 AM »
Isn't is "than you"?

Kriddels

• "Don't get to close to the NITRO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 11:44:44 AM »
They say it is limited so it shouldn't mess with regular flow I would think. I've seen the flash pass get out of hand at SFSTL But I don't care. LOL. If someone wants to pay $20 bucks to not wait that's their problem("Time is money"). I think the only place I would want one of these is the train.
"God must of been plum tuckered out after working on these here hills"

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 08:00:51 PM »
This is experimental. It is limited to twenty five people each day. This all comes from an overwhelming amount of guests asking for a system like this. I am not screaming yay or anything, but a few extra bucks for a few happy people. I don’t see it interfering with everyone else.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 02:19:46 PM »
Sad to see that SDC has taken the "SF route".
Are they hurting for money that badly?  ???

What's next?  Mandatory lockers at the entrances to the rides

No SDC and HFEC is not hurting for money, and one of the reasons we are going to weather this current economic downturn so well is that we respond to what our guests want. A lot of people have asked for this for the past few years. And compared to several other parks, this pass is very reasonable.

Yeah hi, you're new here.  Don't kid yourself thinking you're the only one posting on this board that knows what is going on at SDC/HFEC.  I'm well aware that they are not hurting for money.

Well, no not new here, new to posting, yes. Never said i was the only one who knows whats going on at the city/HFEC, but i know more then you, trust me.

I highly doubt it, but whatever helps you sleep at night.
How does that saying go again?  Those who know...
SWOOSH

barnswingfan

• I could ride the Giant Barn Swing for hours!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2009, 10:43:13 PM »
Sad to see that SDC has taken the "SF route".
Are they hurting for money that badly?  ???

What's next?  Mandatory lockers at the entrances to the rides

No SDC and HFEC is not hurting for money, and one of the reasons we are going to weather this current economic downturn so well is that we respond to what our guests want. A lot of people have asked for this for the past few years. And compared to several other parks, this pass is very reasonable.

Yeah hi, you're new here.  Don't kid yourself thinking you're the only one posting on this board that knows what is going on at SDC/HFEC.  I'm well aware that they are not hurting for money.

Well, no not new here, new to posting, yes. Never said i was the only one who knows whats going on at the city/HFEC, but i know more then you, trust me.

I highly doubt it, but whatever helps you sleep at night.
How does that saying go again?  Those who know...

Hmmmm i've been reading the forums for a while and one thing strikes me as interesting. that would be the fact that there are some people on the list who act as if they are part of the board of directors of the company trying to spread the word of what's going on...

and comments like the one quoted above... really is there any point? i don't quite get why one would continue the back and forth bull that goes on more than it should.

i thought this was a happy place to talk about SDC and properties not a place for some to try to prove that they are in the know and bully others on the list.

so be nice. if you know something share but don't feel the need to tell everyone that you know everything.  it's annoying

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2009, 11:00:14 PM »
^ Thank You!  I have been trying to think of a way to say the same thing. 

BarnSwingFan you are my hero. ;)
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2009, 08:34:04 PM »
Anybody else get a chuckle at the following ironic comment from a person with the handle of barnswingfan?

...continue the back and forth bull...
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 09:32:59 AM »
Cooper,
     You are giving me peace about this thing.  Is it possible that SDC is just trying to say "We have a flash pass system"- BUT then sell so few that the general public is never annoyed by the thing.  So you think that they will always keep the daily sale beneath 100 per day?  While I'll always find these things SLIGHTLY wrong (capitalism wins), I think that I could live with Trailblazer as long as sales were kept to 25-100. 
     My worst encounter with "Flashpass" was a 90-120 minute line for the indoor coaster down at Dallas.  They kept letting people cut in obsessively.  SF easily tripled the line time.  My cousins complained of it when they were riding Rattler in San Antonio.  SF is just ridiculous on these things.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 10:19:49 PM »
This sign is at FitH:

For the record, the image on the sign is not of trailblazers.  The stagecoach is following a trail that has already been blazed.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 10:58:22 AM »
I didn't see anyone using the Trailblazer pass on Saturday. They don't really advertise it well in the park so you have to go on the website to really know about it.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 09:08:03 AM »
^Yeah, this was the only sign I even saw for it.

SteamFreak

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009, 09:26:38 AM »
I found all of the signs, they are just pretty hard to find, well hidden.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009, 09:29:50 AM »
^To be fair, with our squeamish friends, we didn't make it to  PK, WF, or TGS, likely the most popular TBP lines.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009, 02:03:47 PM »
I was on Park Sat and Sun and never saw anyone use the pass.  I did stop and talk to them at the show lovers pass stand and at that point in the day they had sold none.  I think that was about 10 am on sat.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2009, 11:25:01 PM »
The official SDC website says the Trailblazer pass begins on June 6, or the first day of Kid's Fest.  It also talks as if it limits its use to 6 rides. 

Even if I wanted to spend the extra money I would be very embarrassed to walk to the front of the line (that is just me).  Although I don't think I would begrudge a kid using one trying to get the most out of the park on a one day visit.