Author Topic: Baseball- GO Cardinals!  (Read 88586 times)

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
Re: Baseball- GO Cardinals!
« Reply #225 on: July 29, 2009, 07:17:15 PM »
So all the board can be aware of your true nature- what specifically does D.A. mean- although I have some things to do with the legal profession, I am not a district attorney- You also failed once again to answer a simple question- what is your enlightned prediction?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 07:21:37 PM by themeparkguy »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #226 on: July 29, 2009, 09:36:15 PM »
Rather dense aren't you.  Ok, I think today the Angels will win in the City of Angels, since that is what you asked me to predict -- and low and behold they won.

Now if you had actually be in tune with MLB and could actually think outside of all things baby bears, you'd know that Los Angeles Dodgers are playing St. Louis.  Had you asked me what you thought would happen in St. Louis tonight, I would say that considering the outcome of the two previous nights, and the way Pineiro had been pitching, I would be confident in saying that the Cardinals should in all intesive purposes win tonight.

With that being said the game is now going into the 9th inning and the Dodgers are up by a run.  I do feel that the Cardinals could match that run when they come up in the 9th, whether they do or not has not unfolded yet.

Look I get it, you think that I am an ass and love the attention I give you, but seriously enough is enough.  The name is Swoosh, not swoosie, or any other pet name you come up with.  If you don't like my posts, you are free to completely ignore them or better yet just go away completely.  Yes I called you out and you didn't like it.  Tough get over it.  I've had enough of you.  So cool it.  Like we've mentioned time and time again but you cannot seem to grasp the concept - this is a ST. LOUIS thread.  You are more than welcome to start one for the Chicago Cubs.

/rant
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:54:50 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 29, 2009, 11:07:18 PM »
I get it- You are use to people doing what you say-and as a teacher, that allows you a certain amount of control. The problem is the world does not conform to your wishes. I am going nowhere and look forward to joining the 1K club some day. I am not the first person to note your abrasive style on these boards. I come from the “you get what you give” school of mutual respect. You treat people with respect you get respect.- You call people a district attorney, you get swooshie. The thread deals with the central division of the national league (as other posters have noted) the good the bad and ugly of it all. In the end one team will be the division winner. I can live with whatever team that happens to be, hopefully you can acknowledge the best team also at the end of the season. Who that is remains to be seen. Good to have a new friend on the boards.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 10:23:34 AM by themeparkguy »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 30, 2009, 12:09:02 AM »
CARDINALS WIN.
oh wait did you say something themeparkguy?  ::)
SWOOSH

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 30, 2009, 01:11:37 AM »
So many walk-off opportunities!

I couldn't believe that one went 15 innings. Combined 5 runs scored on 24 combined hits.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 30, 2009, 09:39:55 AM »
That's what's happens when "an unstoppable force meets and unmoveable object" ;).
Love that quote from the Dark Knight
SWOOSH

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 30, 2009, 10:21:18 AM »
Last day to pick up pitching without waivers- Pitching- the key to the central.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 30, 2009, 11:02:55 AM »
Pitching for the Cardinals the last three nights against the Dodgers (you know the team with the best record in MLB) has been very efficient.  I was quite impressed last night with that new kid, Hawksworth.  I think he is going to do a great job for the organization.

Anyone else find it weird to see Jeff Weaver pitching last night for the Dodgers.  Apparently that was the first time he's been in Busch Stadium since winning Game 5 of the 2006 World Series for the Cardinals.
SWOOSH

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 30, 2009, 12:43:15 PM »
To win the division a team must have 4 quality starters and possibility a 5th. To me philidelphia is that TEAM for now in the national league.  Good to get some dividens on our investments:

Soriano is batting .383 with five homers and 15 RBIs in 12 games since being dropped to the No. 6 spot in the lineup.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 30, 2009, 12:47:30 PM »
Sure, in the last 12 games, but for the season his avg is .251
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 30, 2009, 10:41:55 PM »
Apparently we wanted to lose tonight since we put in Wellemeyer in the 10th.  Should have stayed with Reyes or Franklin, but NO we had to put in our biggest joke of a pitcher in the most critical part of the game.

TPG, congrats your baby bears are back in the lead by a 1/2 game for a day.
SWOOSH

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 31, 2009, 08:37:38 AM »
Probably won't last for long.

sdcforever

« Reply #237 on: July 31, 2009, 09:32:15 AM »
Probably won't last for long.

Yeah, it looks like it's going to be back and forth in the Central the rest of the way.  Despite the fact that the Astros and Brewers are 4 games back right now I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 4 team race the rest of the way.  There are so many variables it's hard to tell who'll come out on top.  I would be surprised if any one team pulled away; I think it'll be close all the way into October.  The Cubs will have it tough the rest of the way, since most of their games are on the road now; they don't play very well (even against bad teams) away from Wrigley.  I think health will be an issue for them, even in the rotation.  Z, Lilly, and Harden have had some minor injury issues already this year, and they have to hope that they hold up the rest of the way.  The Cards have pitching issues with the lack of a true 5th starter and RH 8th inning setup man.  Mo' is open to deals and will keep looking into August for outside help.  The issue is there may be players out there that he likes, but the other team has to want what the Cards are offering.  They may end up resolving these issues internally, and I believe there are players in the system who can be effective.  The Astros' biggest issue is Oswalt's health; if he goes down the wheels may fall off.  He's in St. Louis with the team today and is due to be reevaluated.  He is tentatively scheduled to start Sunday.  The Brewers have so much talent that I think they will start to gel soon and really start contending in the division.

Whoever comes up as the winner of the Central this year will have to deal with the Phillies and Dodgers.  Can the winner of this division compete with them (especially with the Phillies)?  I have serious doubts.  I also think the wild card will come from the West this year, so it's win the Central for the Cards, Cubs, Astros, and Brewers...or stay home.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 09:34:23 AM by SDC Rules! »

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 31, 2009, 06:12:19 PM »
Actually, I was pleased with the way Lohse pitched last night, even though the game was lost.  I think he's returning to form nicely.

Mitchell Boggs tonight against Houston.  He's been pitching well down a AAA.  Hopefully the Astro's will roll over and play dead for us like they did against Chicago.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 31, 2009, 11:28:45 PM »
Well, the Astros didn't exactly roll over, but we did get the win, thanks to a key hit by Ricky.  Boggs wasn't sharp, but he held us in the game.  Chicago's loss means we're back on top by .5

I can't remember when the acquisition of 3 new guys has made this much of an immediate impact on a team's success.  Kudo's to Mo for picking up DeRosa, Holliday, and Lugo.  I sure hope we can find a way to sign Holliday to a contract at season's end.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"