Author Topic: SDC Logo  (Read 2472 times)

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: SDC Logo
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2023, 02:49:17 PM »
I also pointed out the reversed limbs (I wasn't the only one). It was on Twitter instead of FB, so the comments are still there.

Also, no one on the social media team tried justifying it on the Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/SDCAttractions/status/1668637987943399428

KevinLong

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2023, 04:13:02 PM »
well it may look good on twitter and socials, but any person who has done any logging will tell you limbs very rarely grow in the opposite direction, that is why it looks funky.

Even more so now that you can't unsee it..  This was done by an artist to create "symmetry" in the design. upon closer look now it looks not like a log but a brown banner with tabs or something..... 

looking closer
my two cents.
Kevin

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2023, 06:28:34 PM »
So the old logo appears to be a log that is the partial trunk of a tree, with some cut off branches.  In a real tree, of course the branches tend to grow upwards.  So, old log has the stumps of the branches going in the same direction like they would naturally.  New one has them opposite which would mean one branch was growing toward the ground. Perhaps overthinking it but IMO new logo would have been a lot better if they did not have them going in opposite directions.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2023, 07:35:53 PM »
I wish I had enough free time to complain about the direction of branches on a theme park logo

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2023, 07:59:30 PM »
So the old logo appears to be a log that is the partial trunk of a tree, with some cut off branches.  In a real tree, of course the branches tend to grow upwards.  So, old log has the stumps of the branches going in the same direction like they would naturally.  New one has them opposite which would mean one branch was growing toward the ground. Perhaps overthinking it but IMO new logo would have been a lot better if they did not have them going in opposite directions.

Its actually a good metaphor of the park not being sure what they wanna be anymore. 
:-X ::)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 08:01:54 PM by sdcfan88 »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2023, 08:02:12 PM »
^ LOL!  Sad but true.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2023, 06:43:17 AM »
Anyone else notice they changed the tag from Branson, MO to Ozark Mnts.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2023, 09:45:36 AM »
I like the new logo better than the 2010 version. It’s all just a matter of personal taste and I like the minimalist/retro design. What is most interesting to me is taking out Branson, MO and inserting Ozark Mountains. Is this to make it more in line with Dollywood and the Smoky Mountains?
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2023, 07:39:09 PM »
I like the new logo better than the 2010 version. It’s all just a matter of personal taste and I like the minimalist/retro design. What is most interesting to me is taking out Branson, MO and inserting Ozark Mountains. Is this to make it more in line with Dollywood and the Smoky Mountains?

The park is associated with Branson, but it's not in Branson. It's not even in the same county.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2023, 10:54:37 AM »
I thought I heard that there was some feuding going on between SDC and Branson... just rumors mostly, but it's well known that SDC has always thrown their weight around in Branson and has run off many developments that they have thought would be detrimental to SDC or their other businesses. In the last decade, Branson has been slowly rebuilding itself to be more than just the home of SDC and a few ancient country stars and SDC's influence has dimmed a bit.

I mean, they are still the main game in town, but with Branson Landing and a slew of new attractions on the strip it's not JUST about them anymore. Supposedly they griped heavily about the aquarium being built because they wanted to build their own aquarium in Branson "some day".

Or maybe they just thought that Ozark Mountains is better branding than Branson, which has a reputation for being a tourist trap.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2023, 10:51:17 PM »
Or maybe they just thought that Ozark Mountains is better branding than Branson, which has a reputation for being a tourist trap.

That’s the kicker. Branson’s  reputation is not the same as Pigeon Forge, with its beautiful National Park nearby. It’s more of a backwards hick reputation and it has never evolved from “The live country music show capital” status.  They are wise to rebrand that connection and try to emphasize some of the things that have made Dollywood more successful.  Hint:  Dolly helps, but it’s about more than a figurehead.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating