Author Topic: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 39643 times)

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #240 on: January 13, 2024, 08:31:32 PM »
It looks incredible. They are doing a knock-out job with the theming. It's going to be like a hi-def version of the old FITH. I'm sure the final touches and details will carry it through. They definitely know what they are doing.
I don't like hi-def SDC. I like low-def, rustic, rugged, hand-painted with drips and errors.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 13, 2024, 10:59:56 PM »
Do you think the park will tear down the FITH building this spring or leave it standing for the 2024 season?

I’m not sure. They usually seem to have a leave it till they need to remove it approach, but it feels like it would be good for them to get it down in the offseason to help shift the focus to the new fith. It also probably depends on the timeline for what will go there. If they want whatever they are putting in that space to open in 2025 then it would seem like they do some or all of the demo this offseason.

My guess is the building stays up and gets demolished in Jan-March of 2025 and we see something new in that area in 2026. That said, I wouldn’t be shocked if it is gone before then.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #242 on: January 15, 2024, 11:56:04 AM »
I'm expecting it to be torn down and just be an empty space for this season. I have no idea what the actual plan is, but that would be my expectation just based on what the PTB would probably want. Don't want the specter of the old FITH hanging around inviting comparisons to the new one that they are trying to show off. Plus, it's just going to be a decrepit unused major building at this point. Without use, I imagine the mold takes over pretty quick due to the dampness throughout the building. Still wonder how they kept it down all these years.

They've been busy ripping everything out this month. A lot has already made its way over to the new ride according to their social media postings and the discussions at No Coaster Con.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 16, 2024, 02:04:36 PM »
I'd hope for it to be ripped out, but I wouldn't count on it either. There are a lot of old elements of past rides still in the park. The treehouse sat abandoned for years. If they are ready to start construction on the future development - then yes, it will probably be ripped out. If they are not ready yet for the future Constuction I'd expect it to be there with the front door closed.

Jay

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 18, 2024, 09:44:47 PM »
If it won’t be demolished before the season opens, I could see an in between where the queue line is removed, all fireman theming is removed, and shutters placed over the broken glass windows on the facade. Maybe some other facade work on the dentist/barber facade to make it not burnt. Make it more of generic building so it’s not so obvious to most people that is the old Fire in the Hole.

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 19, 2024, 11:43:24 AM »
Whos to say they won't just put a giant fence in front of the old FITH area so you can't see it?

KevinLong

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 19, 2024, 01:39:38 PM »
RE: old fire in the hole ----  Why bother doing anything??. it's in a non traffic area, its not blocking anything. Take the signs down lock the doors and wait til you need to renovate the space with whatever. There are dozens of buildings no longer used in the park and they sit for years without any problem.

If they aren't ready to start construction , just making another empty hole is not a great idea. The building facade is not near to collapse or anything, just leave it til you take it down to rebuild.

my two cents

Kevin

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 19, 2024, 08:37:04 PM »
Leaving it there until the space is needed seems like the thing to do as it adds to background decoration more so that a bare empty spot.

Jesus4me

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 22, 2024, 01:08:35 PM »
RE: old fire in the hole ----  Why bother doing anything??. it's in a non traffic area, its not blocking anything. Take the signs down lock the doors and wait til you need to renovate the space with whatever. There are dozens of buildings no longer used in the park and they sit for years without any problem.

If they aren't ready to start construction , just making another empty hole is not a great idea. The building facade is not near to collapse or anything, just leave it til you take it down to rebuild.

my two cents

Kevin
The thing is sometimes contruction takes a year, so you need the clear the space if it is a 2025 addition.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #249 on: January 22, 2024, 02:17:09 PM »
^Yeah just like with Lost River, that was a giant hole in the middle of the park for almost 2 years during the demo and reconstruction process.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 22, 2024, 02:47:22 PM »
Someone posted a walkthrough of the old FITH with the lights on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMXX_xnOnFs
I'm Your Huckleberry

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #251 on: January 22, 2024, 04:07:01 PM »
Someone posted a walkthrough of the old FITH with the lights on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMXX_xnOnFs

They could have offered lights-on rides for an upcharge.

Actually, I would like to try it with the lights off.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 30, 2024, 04:17:15 PM »
Lots of photos being shared online from a media construction tour of the new Fire in the Hole. Personally, I think it is looking great. It does look a bit cleaner than the old one, but I think that is actually a good thing in the way they have done it.

It looks like they had all of the mannequins/animatronics covered up during the media tour.

https://www.facebook.com/sdcattractions/posts/pfbid0tZub7NbjDpzdpLqjAT3Af5gp4DhtPUF89mQ6tzc8AdttL53RhY31fwRqMLo9UDoJl
https://www.facebook.com/NerdInformants/posts/pfbid0mM5z49C2vgpDt8AN4ahzT8P3ifod5AivB4QHSjVYRWVADxqw4VbWhUTpCXhqCZc5l

KevinLong

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 31, 2024, 01:48:39 AM »
Quick question I have not seen any where yet.....

Will fire in the hole open with opening day this year? or is it a few months off the start of the season?

I am just curious as I have not heard anyone mention ride opening day. maybe I am naive, but I presume it will open with the park opening day this year....

anyone??

my two cents..
kevin

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2024, 07:56:50 AM »
In believe they intend on opening Fire in the Hole on opening day, but have left the date ambiguous in case there are any unforeseen delays. I imagine we will get a definitive date once opening day draws closer.