Author Topic: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 39665 times)

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #195 on: October 28, 2023, 02:49:13 PM »
The new costumes are (I think) historically appropriate, but they shouldn’t bring white hoods to anyone’s mind.

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 04, 2023, 03:05:33 PM »
Question regarding FITH 2.0. (Maybe this has been covered but I haven't been on the site for a while.) Since it appears that the railroad track goes between Fireman's Landing and the ride building, how will guests get from one side of the tracks to the other. Will they put in another crossing like at the exit of FM or will they build some kind of viaduct?
In His grip!

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 04, 2023, 07:46:27 PM »
There is a new crossing behind the fence behind the little swings. The little swings will move to their new home near the lake and the crossing will be opened up to the area that the swings are currently at.

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 04, 2023, 09:36:32 PM »
Thanks for solving that mystery. Kind of seems odd they would make another crossing that will need to manned when the train is running.  :-\
In His grip!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #199 on: November 08, 2023, 10:42:17 AM »
The masks are funny. I'm not sure what the historical masks were actually like, but these are a bit different than the originals from the old ride. The new mannequins look really good though. They are definitely putting in effort on the theming. Very hopeful that this ride will not only replace the old, but exceed it in terms of quality so that it sticks around for 60 years like the original.

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 13, 2023, 01:12:25 PM »
Does anyone know if the original FITH will be demolished before park opening in 2024?

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 13, 2023, 02:22:42 PM »
Also, I'm reading conflicting reports about if FITH used to be longer.  Some say a portion of track was removed in the early 80's making the ride shorter.  This picture of the control panel seems to show that more track used to exist.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 13, 2023, 02:33:01 PM »
Also, I'm reading conflicting reports about if FITH used to be longer.  Some say a portion of track was removed in the early 80's making the ride shorter.  This picture of the control panel seems to show that more track used to exist.

Yes,   it used to be longer. You can see where the track used to peel off at one point in the ride. I guess it is still there since I have not looked in years. Ill make it a point to look next month to see if you can still see it.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 13, 2023, 07:37:49 PM »
Does anyone know if the original FITH will be demolished before park opening in 2024?

I don’t know, but I would expect that to happen in the off season.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #204 on: November 13, 2023, 10:24:44 PM »
Given the timetable (I was told by SDC staff during Coaster Christmas that most of the original theming and props will be transferred to the new ride to save time and $$$) they will likely need 2-3 weeks to clear out both the maintenance area and the theming assets from the old structure. So expect mid-late January for the demo.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 14, 2023, 11:32:18 AM »
The new FITH cars- Pumper Wagons- are to be revealed today at 1:40 CST: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=717445130410243&set=a.695023275985762
I'm Your Huckleberry

MoOzark

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I raised the Dizzy Dogs from little pups.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 14, 2023, 01:30:21 PM »
Given the timetable (I was told by SDC staff during Coaster Christmas that most of the original theming and props will be transferred to the new ride to save time and $$$) they will likely need 2-3 weeks to clear out both the maintenance area and the theming assets from the old structure. So expect mid-late January for the demo.

Interesting. I believe we originally heard the only thing going to be recycled rom the original ride was the mural of the burning of Marmaros. So, are they reusing more of the old ride?

One thing I'd like to see them do: is to have an exhibit to walkthrough in the ride queue. It could contain displays about the town of Marmaros, the guano mining in Marble Cave, and the Bald Knobbers. It could also contain original display pieces from the original Fire-in-the-Hole.

Otherwise, what is the latest on what SDC will do with architectural pieces of the old ride? Are there still rumors of a possible auction to sell some of the old ride?

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 14, 2023, 05:49:57 PM »
Trains Baby
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #208 on: November 15, 2023, 08:31:08 AM »

Yup, I can't remember the full story (it's buried on this board somewhere), but they shortened it around the time that Blazing Fury at DW opened. BF is a clone of FITH, but with the shortened layout. Probably had to do with timing/guest throughput and ease of maintenance. The tracks were still there until a "few" years ago. I can't remember when they finally took them out and walled off that area, but you could see them right before the train tunnel next to the hanging scene.

Interesting. I believe we originally heard the only thing going to be recycled rom the original ride was the mural of the burning of Marmaros. So, are they reusing more of the old ride?

One thing I'd like to see them do: is to have an exhibit to walkthrough in the ride queue. It could contain displays about the town of Marmaros, the guano mining in Marble Cave, and the Bald Knobbers. It could also contain original display pieces from the original Fire-in-the-Hole.

Otherwise, what is the latest on what SDC will do with architectural pieces of the old ride? Are there still rumors of a possible auction to sell some of the old ride?

They are transferring a few things over, but we'll see how much. I know some of the stuff outside and in the queue area will make it over, but most of the props within the ride are probably headed for the trash. They have all new mannequins and baldknobber costumes, and most of the props will be better, newer stuff in the new ride. There's not a lot within the ride that could be easily transferred since it's a lot of building sets and fake rockwork.  I'm excited to see the train replica they are building. The final scenes should be much better in the new ride.

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 15, 2023, 03:37:33 PM »
I'm trying to get an idea of how the new fire in the hole district will be accessible from the existing park. I know one end will be accessible from the fireman's landing but will it also be connected to Grand Exposition?