Author Topic: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 39641 times)

orangesandpeaches

• View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2023, 12:28:59 PM »
The new version of the song sounds great.

Baldknobber

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2023, 12:30:51 PM »
Did he say 300 seats for dining in the area?  That seems to be a lot for pretzel dogs.

I thought he said 140 seats.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2023, 12:37:45 PM »
While I know its just concept art, I love how the train scene includes one of the FSDL locomotives, it just ties everything together. This truly feels like a love letter to the original ride while modernizing it.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2023, 12:52:50 PM »
Did he say 300 seats for dining in the area?  That seems to be a lot for pretzel dogs.

I thought he said 140 seats.

That would make more sense.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2023, 01:14:32 PM »

Fireman's Landing (which was a stupid name to begin with; why is everything in Branson called a Landing?) will now be known as the Fire District, which is certainly a more PC label for the area.

What is un-PC about Fireman's Landing?

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2023, 01:42:47 PM »
...and a new pretzel dog stand along the trail to Pumpkin Plaza (which will eventually link to Grand Exposition).

I didn't get a photo, but the sign by the Tastes of the City booth had the Pretzel dog logo and said something like coming in 2024. It made it look like that stand would become the new pretzel dog stand.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2023, 01:56:46 PM »
While I know its just concept art, I love how the train scene includes one of the FSDL locomotives, it just ties everything together. This truly feels like a love letter to the original ride while modernizing it.

I'm assuming that this will be the tunnel that the train is in. I hope that it moves forward in the tunnel toward the track to make it more dynamic.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2023, 01:58:36 PM »
Seeing it in person today, the building seems much larger than I expected. It is also back further away from the railroad tracks than I expected. The City hosted a great announcement event today and we were lucky to attend it. Can't wait for next spring!

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2023, 04:29:26 PM »
I'm assuming that this will be the tunnel that the train is in. I hope that it moves forward in the tunnel toward the track to make it more dynamic.

From what I was told back in winter of 2021 is that it will indeed move forward as you go towards it. I don't think they would change something like that between then and now, but you never know

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2023, 04:37:47 PM »
What is un-PC about Fireman's Landing?
"Fireman" is out of use. The modern term is "firefighter". Just like you have a mail carrier now, instead of a mailman.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2023, 05:03:02 PM »
I'll have my video posted tomorrow afternoon showing video inside and talking about the things that were announced (and a couple that might have been overlooked a little)
I was very pleased and excited about the announcement.   They're doing a great job with it.  Someone said that this is a love letter to the old ride.  I think that's a great way to put it.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 14, 2023, 06:38:24 PM »
Very surprised at how faithful this appears to be to the original ride. Also very excited and thankful that this isn’t the end for FITH. Seems to be carrying on the amazing legacy while updating the technology.

Will never know this answer but I would love to know the maintenance costs that the old FITH was costing on a regular basis to justify a re-build (with updated technology obviously) at 30 million.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2023, 07:42:14 PM »
This all sounds great, and I am no expert, but surely they could have rehabbed the original ride for a fraction of the cost?

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2023, 09:05:50 PM »
Will never know this answer but I would love to know the maintenance costs that the old FITH was costing on a regular basis to justify a re-build (with updated technology obviously) at 30 million.
This all sounds great, and I am no expert, but surely they could have rehabbed the original ride for a fraction of the cost?

Rehabbing the original wouldn't have been a fraction as it would have required complete replacement of the ride, the sets and the building anyways. Without getting into details, the original was nearing end of life and there really wasn't an option to just rehab it.  With the investment it would have taken it was better all the way around to build a new one.

Additionally removing the building (which simply has to be done) opens up an area to be used in the future.  Think about how much Dollywood has changed in the last 15 years or so.  SDC's turn is coming.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

tmstephe

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2023, 09:10:52 PM »
Exciting news all around …

What are our insiders saying about long term projects (i.e. what will go where FITH is now?)