Author Topic: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 39720 times)

Fergy328

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2023, 10:41:37 PM »
It doesn't really confirm anything we didn't already know but it is very cool to see them. Nice job snagging them before they got taken down

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2023, 03:14:11 PM »
Looking at those pictures, do you think this is going to be more similar to the original FITH than not? I was worried with RMC involved that we might have some more daring track maneuvers but that little dip and the drop in the back of that photo doesn't seem too crazy.

Jay

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2023, 07:39:20 PM »
Looking at those pictures, do you think this is going to be more similar to the original FITH than not? I was worried with RMC involved that we might have some more daring track maneuvers but that little dip and the drop in the back of that photo doesn't seem too crazy.

Jay
While honestly it's doubtful I'd really like to see a mild drop track or slight tilt track. Nothing to make it more intense or thrilling per se but just some cool effects to add to the story and experience of the ride. With that said though I've got a feeling it will be pretty similar to the original, just a bit more "modern feeling".

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2023, 08:46:00 PM »
With the switch from “Volunteers Wanted” to “Heroes Wanted”, it just stresses the firefighter theme and all but throws out the Bald Knobbers.  After all the emphasis on the history in the closing announcements, I was holding out a modicum of hope, but not any more.

While the ride at Dollywood still holds a little off the same nostalgia, it’s not Fire in the Hole.  This will have the name and some similarities, but…
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2023, 07:37:20 AM »
We'll see. I expect they will pay homage to the baldknobbers in various ways, but it'll mostly be about firefighters. It is in Fireman's Landing after all. It'll be nice, I'm sure. I just hope it is fun and reliable. Emphasis on reliable. So tired of brand new rides that close constantly and have terrible through-put.

Those photos are definitely old. I've been told that much of the interior walls are already finished out. They are getting close to theming the place out. Hopefully after all the delays and such the theming budget has grown instead of getting cut back.

No whispers of any crazy elements in all this time. We once speculated that there would still be a splash element or drop track back when the foundation was going up, but it's impossible to know for sure. I doubt there will be any water due to mold issues, but they could have a squirt gag somewhere.

I hope the red flanders scene is brought back!

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2023, 11:57:30 AM »
Fire in the Hole without Red Flanders is simply not Fire in the Hole.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2023, 02:06:10 PM »
^ Agree!  And Fire in the Hole without the Baldknobbers is not Fire in the Hole.
I'm Your Huckleberry

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2023, 06:28:41 PM »
Is it really a Red Flanders scene without mentioning the Baldknobbers?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2023, 05:03:08 PM »
With the switch from “Volunteers Wanted” to “Heroes Wanted”, it just stresses the firefighter theme and all but throws out the Bald Knobbers.  After all the emphasis on the history in the closing announcements, I was holding out a modicum of hope, but not any more.

While the ride at Dollywood still holds a little off the same nostalgia, it’s not Fire in the Hole.  This will have the name and some similarities, but…

No need to worry.  Both the baldknobbers and Red Flanders will be part of the new ride.
See some of you in the morning at the Town Hall Meeting
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2023, 10:06:02 AM »
https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/attractions/rides/fire-in-the-hole/

Here it is at last!

Looks awesome! Way more faithful to the original than I had thought they would go with! Looks like they are keeping just about everything that made the original special from the storytelling the water splashdown itself. I'm actually most surprised that they are keeping the splash! Very much looking forward to this!

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2023, 10:17:36 AM »
Wow! I'm excited, surprised, and impressed! This looks fantastic! We keep the Baldknobbers, Red Flanders, the song...everything! Well done SDC!!

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
I'm Your Huckleberry

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2023, 10:43:19 AM »
Keeping the name, the theme song, Red Flanders, the Baldknobbers, the burning bridge, and the splash. That all sounds great.

And it's fully HVAC controlled, which will make it very popular on hot days.

Brad touched on the expansion. He pointed out how much land they have, and that "We have a master plan." He also said they weren't announcing anything today. That's good. It doesn't take away from the FITH announcement, but it served as a pre-announcement of an announcement to come.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 10:45:13 AM by KBCraig »

mudhead

• Always ready for a spin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2023, 10:56:33 AM »
Thrilled to see the baldknobbers present in the description and the artwork! I thought we were losing them for sure.
Going through life one ride at a time.
Going to SDC since 1972, and loving every trip.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2023, 12:02:46 PM »
More focus on the firefighters than before.  That's definitely where they want guests' attention.

There is mention of fiber optics in lighting the fuse.  It looks like the fire chief has a plan to "blow the tower", meaning the water tower.  How this will be depicted is yet to be seen, but it appears that the water tower will be demolished to allow the water to put out the fire.  I assume this is the final "Fire in the Hole!" drop.

There is no mention of animatronics, but the on-board audio should enhance things quite a bit.

Other parts of the announcement include Red Flander's Dry Goods (which I presume means FiTH souvenirs) and a new pretzel dog stand along the trail to Pumpkin Plaza (which will eventually link to Grand Exposition).  Did he say 300 seats for dining in the area?  That seems to be a lot for pretzel dogs.

Fireman's Landing (which was a stupid name to begin with; why is everything in Branson called a Landing?) will now be known as the Fire District, which is certainly a more PC label for the area.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 12:08:34 PM by History Buff »
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating