Author Topic: Additional housing coming near SDC  (Read 2525 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Additional housing coming near SDC
« on: February 10, 2022, 10:15:53 AM »

A local contractor who is turning older hotels motels into rental units purchased a property 1 mile from the city.  I believe it would probably be the "Notch" building in Branson West on the right just past the Best Western.  This will assist with needed housing for seasonal workers at the city.

https://www.thedelscorp.com/ozmocommons

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: Additional housing coming near SDC
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 04:40:33 PM »
Hopefully they'll do some major work on it.  That old Notch hotel was a dump last time I was near it.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 07:53:03 AM »
If that is the purchase.  He seems to be using older motels that are ready to be raised and gutting them indside and out.  It will be interesting to see how this turns out

NotchGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 11:51:48 AM »
The rumor clearly does not refer to the old Notch Inn (at the corner of Notch Lane and Highway 76).  That old motel was renovated back in November and December, and it is now a Motel 6 franchise.  I have not been inside any of the units, but the whole property looks pretty good from the outside (at least, it is significantly better than it was before).

My wife and I have owned a condo in Notch Estates (farther back down Notch Lane) for the past 4 or 5 years.  We have been spending as much time as we can there, and now that I have retired, we will be spending even more time in that condo. 

As an interesting side note, I am pretty sure that in years past (back in the pre-pandemic days), a Silver Dollar City bus would show up in the old Notch Inn's parking lot every morning and carry a handful of people (presumably workers) to the park.  Were they "living" at the Inn, or was that just a spot for SDC workers to park and ride a shuttle bus to the park?

We spent January at the condo, but had to leave around the first of February.  We were fascinated to see the new building being constructed between the highway and Fireman's Landing.  They had just finished the foundation as we were leaving.  I assume that will be a new Fire-in-the-Hole building.  Has anyone driven past lately to see how things are progressing?

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 01:19:34 PM »
It's the old Econo Lodge in Branson West. Not sure how they say that it is less than a mile from SDC when it is closer to 4 miles. I guess that it is technically less than a mile to SDC owned property, just not the park.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2022, 04:00:32 PM »
The rumor clearly does not refer to the old Notch Inn (at the corner of Notch Lane and Highway 76).  That old motel was renovated back in November and December, and it is now a Motel 6 franchise.  I have not been inside any of the units, but the whole property looks pretty good from the outside (at least, it is significantly better than it was before).

As an interesting side note, I am pretty sure that in years past (back in the pre-pandemic days), a Silver Dollar City bus would show up in the old Notch Inn's parking lot every morning and carry a handful of people (presumably workers) to the park.  Were they "living" at the Inn, or was that just a spot for SDC workers to park and ride a shuttle bus to the park?

It's the old Econo Lodge in Branson West. Not sure how they say that it is less than a mile from SDC when it is closer to 4 miles. I guess that it is technically less than a mile to SDC owned property, just not the park.

Somehow I missed that they coverted the old Notch Inn to a motel 6.  Rennovation was badly needed. Looks like it has some mixed reviews still on Google, but even then it's a huge improvement to what it was.

There were some SDC employees that lived there in the past (I knew a couple) and I think they would sometimes put up some of the festival acts there as well on a rare occasion, so that may be why the shuttle was running there.

The old Econo Lodge is another one that is a major mess, so here's to hoping that they get it cleaned up and looking spiffy.  It would give that whole area an improved look if they do.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.