Author Topic: New skip-the-line pass for Dollywood  (Read 2188 times)

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
New skip-the-line pass for Dollywood
« on: February 10, 2022, 07:26:10 AM »
Sounds alot like Six Flags's Flash Pass system to me. Hopefully, they will make these passes digital and make it where you can buy them at any time, including the exact second when you see that your favorite ride has a very long line. Also, will this be for Dollywood, SDC, or all HFE parks?

https://www.screamscape.com/html/dollywood.htm

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: New skip-the-line pass for Dollywood
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 09:48:29 AM »
Whatever they trial at one park often ends up in the others. These types of passes are the natural progression of the industry as the parks get more and more crowded and they have more top-tier attractions added.

I remember the days when we bragged about SDC always having short lines and super efficient ops, not to mention cheap(ish) amazing food that you didn't have to wait all day for. Time and crowds have simply caught up with them as the secret leaked out. Well that and they added a ton of giant coasters, lol.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 07:09:19 AM »
True, but I wasn't sure if it would be for all HFE properties or if it was just a trial run.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 01:50:27 PM »
True, but I wasn't sure if it would be for all HFE properties or if it was just a trial run.

It's not even a trial. Its a survey !  They are just gauging the interest. Far from being implemented.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 10:56:42 PM »

It's not even a trial. Its a survey !  They are just gauging the interest. Far from being implemented.

That's what we call a pilot: roll it out and see how it works.