Author Topic: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 124303 times)

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #526 on: March 23, 2023, 09:52:43 PM »
Driving out today, we noticed some work being done to the east of the city. Lots of dirt moving. New fence. What appears to be a water filling station perhaps?  Any ideas on what this is?

MandyTG

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 27, 2023, 12:20:08 PM »
I’m pretty certain I’ve asked this before, but has there been any mention of bringing back the pork rind stand?

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 27, 2023, 02:59:48 PM »
From SDC Facebook: New for 2023, brand new strollers and coming soon new ECVs

Another pretty big investment in infrastructure, I reel think they are planing a big expansion the next few years. It does seem like price hikes have to be coming with all this infrastructure spending, hopefully that’s not in the form of paid parking, but the new setup sure looks like they at least put the infrastructure in place to charge in the future if they want to. It sure looks like they have a second set of 4 tollbooths behind the first set. The islands can be seen in some of the recently posted photos but no toll shacks have been built on them thus far.

They are gonna have to increase the walkway paths if they start renting out ECV's. The path's are already way too small especially on busy days.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 27, 2023, 04:50:58 PM »
They are gonna have to increase the walkway paths if they start renting out ECV's.

They have rented ECV's for years. They are just getting new ones.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 27, 2023, 07:36:39 PM »
I’m pretty certain I’ve asked this before, but has there been any mention of bringing back the pork rind stand?

Won't those come back with the rebuilt Fried Flossie's stand?
I'm Your Huckleberry

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 28, 2023, 08:25:48 AM »

Won't those come back with the rebuilt Fried Flossie's stand?

Any mention of pork rinds has been suspiciously absent from all of the info that has been released about the rebuild.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #533 on: March 28, 2023, 07:41:36 PM »
They have all but said that the pork rinds aren't coming back. I'm not sure why, but I guess they didn't sell as many as you'd think and they were apparently blamed for the fire so it might be a risk/reward type of thing.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 29, 2023, 09:12:11 AM »
My cardiologist says the same thing about the risk vs. reward of pork rinds.  :)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 29, 2023, 06:21:28 PM »
My cardiologist says the same thing about the risk vs. reward of pork rinds.  :)

Actually pork rinds are healthy.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #536 on: March 30, 2023, 10:27:00 PM »
Quote from: jericho link=topic=4275.msg84283#msg84283

New Train Depot water tower?  Does this mean the depot is not moving after FITH is torn down?

New Train Depot water tower?  Does this mean the depot is not moving after FITH is torn down?
[/quote]

May not be worth much, but many of us with experience out in the city have never put much stock in the rumored New Train stations. And I've not heard any hint of that from anyone in the park.

Honestly, with all the work they are doing to increase the parking size, it seems to me they are starring to prepare to expand. Why clog up a potential expansion path with something that already serves just fine? I have a much stronger suspicion it may be used for expansion out that direction and potentially a loop connecting with Outlaw Runs path.

I talk about it more in depth with the reasoning in one of my recent videos. But I haven't heard any sources I put much credence in talk about a new train station. Just internet rumors.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 03, 2023, 08:57:54 AM »
Clearing along 76 has begun for the new turning lane. In the attached photo, the red area is the approximate area that has been cleared.

It is great to have the train back. As others have mentioned, some jokes are gone or changed, but I don't think that the vast majority of people will notice. The joke about if you pull the orange cord without an emergency; one will be created for you is still there.

There are PowederKeg trains cars in the woods in the middle of the train loop. They are/were loosely covered by tarps, but are now mostly uncovered.

I didn't get a picture, but track is clearly visible in the show building behind Fireman's Landing. The portion of track visible looked like it could quite possibly be the dip on the burning bridge.

There is a new wide sidewalk from the parking lots. It ends where the road goes down the hill to the west next to the handicapped lot. The biggest difference is that the sidewalk is now elevated a little and is not level with the parking lot in most places.

Not sure if I have seen it mentioned here, but Thunderation only has one train currently available. The second train is taken apart and some whole cars are missing from it.

We did have an issue using our digital passes on the way in. If you have picked up the new plastic passes, you have to relink them to your account because new QR codes were issued when they print them.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 07, 2023, 02:24:31 PM »
They have now added power outlets on the fence by the pillar foundations. The foundations are under water now, assuming that they are at a level to be above water in the winter. This could also explain why rust was seen on them.

I also attached my original photo to show that the outlets are new.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 08, 2023, 09:06:47 AM »
More parking lot progress.

The old exit from preferred is now blocked off. You now exit by the new entrance into the lot. It also seemed like the handicapped lot is gone, but I’m not 100% sure on that.

There are now lighted icons on the payment booths that indicate if the booth is open or not. Not a great photo, you can’t see the green arrow on the one that is open in it. 

The spaces are now angled and lanes are one way. Only a portion of the paid lot has lines painted so far.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 09:15:05 AM by mg »