Author Topic: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 124251 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #270 on: September 28, 2022, 01:37:51 PM »
We'll see. Still very early on. Hopefully they fully cover the building with façade and not just the entrance area.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #271 on: September 29, 2022, 03:14:00 AM »
That facade seems to be more “modern” or “city-like” than the current one at FiTH.

I have been noticing the additions to the park have been getting more of an Urbanized Late Victorian/Early Progressive Era style since adding in Firemans Landing. I wished they'd just come out with it already that they want to break away out of the 1880's Ozarks theme. You can bet that big new area cleared out by AP and the waterfall will follow the same "new and clean" look.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 10:44:10 AM by sdcfan88 »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 29, 2022, 10:03:32 AM »

Lack of warmth

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #273 on: September 29, 2022, 09:22:41 PM »
It is well known that the park is going towards a more fantasized version of the 1880s now instead of the gritty style it has had in the past.  Expect more flowers and things you’d expect to see at Dollywood with regards to landscaping
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #274 on: September 30, 2022, 10:33:36 AM »
It's always been a bit tongue in cheek with various historical elements, but now the theme is becoming simply "old"  with various steam punk elements. As we've discussed before, a lot of it has to do with the corporate structure and the fact that some decisions are made far away from the park by people who don't care/understand it's history. Plus the generational shift anyway. Few remember what SDC was once like before the deluge of roller coasters and rides.

But it's still very early. SDC still does a great job with theming, even if it's not always exactly 1880's anymore. I just want them to cover more of the building so it isn't an ugly box marring the city ambiance. At this point it's hard to tell if they plan on finishing it this year so they may be moving at a glacial pace until next fall...

Still no signs of track/props/inside stuff yet? There's still plenty of time if they plan on opening for 2023, just seems odd. I have been given lead times of 12 months on various pipe orders though, so supply chain issues are still very much an issue across many industries and they may be stuck in limbo due to that.

woodgrain

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 30, 2022, 11:30:36 AM »
Went a few nights ago and the lights were on inside the building. Did notice what looked to be a few anchor points attached to the floor but beyond that it’s all concrete floors and bare walls.

orangesandpeaches

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 30, 2022, 12:50:23 PM »
The more I walk by and look at it, the more I am thinking the ride will be receiving an overlay system like The Dark Knight and Verbolten, and less like a fixed wall system such as the Fire In The Hole Twins and Justice League Rides. Work has been taking place inside, as every once in a while, even thru the dirty windows, you can get a glimpse of workers on the lifts. Noticed from the highway pulling onto Indian Point that the HVAC has been installed on the roof.

For that matter, Fire In The Hole does not seem like a ride that has a foot in the grave. I got hosed for the first time in a few years by the water cannon last week and theming elements that break are still getting repaired.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 30, 2022, 07:41:19 PM »
Wrong info
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 10:54:45 PM by legoerosion »

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 30, 2022, 09:53:46 PM »
That building has been there since the beginning, it’s the kids play area. That building is not part of the new ride.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 30, 2022, 10:19:33 PM »
It has said that since 2015 when Fireman’s Landing opened. The FB post is crazy using that as proof to call it confirmed. It’s not truly confirmed until the City makes an announcement, no matter how much is pointing towards it already.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 30, 2022, 10:54:02 PM »
That’s my bad, the facade blended in with it. I should’ve double checked the play area  :-X

underdog250

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 03, 2022, 12:25:10 PM »
I was at the park on Friday and this is what I was able to take while the lights were on at dusk. You can see the lift and some pallets around the splash down section. Just couldn't see a whole lot else.

Fergy328

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 05, 2022, 02:14:12 PM »
The more I walk by and look at it, the more I am thinking the ride will be receiving an overlay system like The Dark Knight and Verbolten, and less like a fixed wall system such as the Fire In The Hole Twins and Justice League Rides. Work has been taking place inside, as every once in a while, even thru the dirty windows, you can get a glimpse of workers on the lifts. Noticed from the highway pulling onto Indian Point that the HVAC has been installed on the roof.

For that matter, Fire In The Hole does not seem like a ride that has a foot in the grave. I got hosed for the first time in a few years by the water cannon last week and theming elements that break are still getting repaired.

I rode FITH this past Saturday and also got wet on that final drop for the first time in a very long time. Took me very much by surprise haha.

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 06, 2022, 04:31:00 PM »

Maybe they are fixing it up before an announcement on the new one so that people see it in a good light for their last ride.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 13, 2022, 06:47:03 AM »
This seems like a project that is becoming more and more a 2024 one. Maybe the supply chain issue wrecked their schedule like so many other things. No announcement this late is a good indicator.