Author Topic: Updated Entry and Masking Guidelines  (Read 4361 times)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Updated Entry and Masking Guidelines
« on: April 12, 2021, 11:24:46 AM »
Masks are still required in most areas.

However, they are no longer doing temperature checks or bracelets when entering the park.

Masking is now optional when outdoors as long as distancing is maintained.

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/playsafe/faq

It appears as if Dollywood is also making this change.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
Re: Updated Entry and Masking Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 09:10:39 PM »
It seems to me like it will be difficult to enforce this and hard for guests to know when they have to wear a mask. I feel like it would be easier just to keep the rules the same as they are until you can get rid of the mask requirement entirely, or at least until you can say something like “masks are only required indoors”.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 09:03:47 AM »
It's a way for them to "transition" without it seeming too abrupt. Most of their customers have resisted masking, and enforcement has been a constant thorn in the park's side.

What I really want to hear about though, is faster ops and full trains! Kemah was running full trains last weekend, albeit they "sanitized" the train each cycle. I'm not sure if MO has different rules, but I kind of doubt it.

So much safety theatre everywhere, I wish more places would stay up to date on the science, but I understand a lot of it is marketing. The whole "deep cleaning/sanitizing" thing was shown to be useless months ago since covid isn't known to spread much through surface contact. This mask policy is what actually should have been in place the whole time, since it is much harder for airborne disease to spread outdoor unless you are really packed in a crowd. It is difficult to force people to put on a mask when they should though...

I'm just glad to be on the back end finally. If anyone needs a shot still, come to OK! We are now giving them to literally anyone over 16!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 10:16:24 AM »
Thank God some sanity returns.  During a trip to Branson last week I noted the masks nor counts for the stores customers were even attempted to be enforced.  Most who want the shot have had it and the others have been ready to move on.  Branson would do themselves a favor to relax the issue.  Like any situation you will never please everyone and those going to theme parks are not the folks worried about someone standing 5 not 6 foot away.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 06:45:02 PM »
Thank God some sanity returns.  During a trip to Branson last week I noted the masks nor counts for the stores customers were even attempted to be enforced.  Most who want the shot have had it and the others have been ready to move on.  Branson would do themselves a favor to relax the issue.  Like any situation you will never please everyone and those going to theme parks are not the folks worried about someone standing 5 not 6 foot away.

With the election last week,  They have a New Mayor (Larry Milton)..  who was an alderman and throughout this whole fiasco voted no for mandate.
Also 2 new aldermen.

they get sworn in tomorrow (friday), I would expect and immediate repeal by the mayor elect and ending the mandate.  I am told he has that kid of authority.  I hope so..

We will see..

pintrader

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 07:31:37 PM »

With the election last week,  They have a New Mayor (Larry Milton)..  who was an alderman and throughout this whole fiasco voted no for mandate.
Also 2 new aldermen.

they get sworn in tomorrow (friday), I would expect and immediate repeal by the mayor elect and ending the mandate.  I am told he has that kid of authority.  I hope so..

We will see..

Branson may very well end the mask mandate but I doubt SDC would follow suit until the CDC or local health department would give the okay.  It seems they have been following their guidelines pretty closely.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 12:03:19 AM »
Branson may very well end the mask mandate but I doubt SDC would follow suit until the CDC or local health department would give the okay.  It seems they have been following their guidelines pretty closely.

One thing many people forget: SDC isn't in Branson. It's not even in the same county.

pintrader

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2021, 08:18:43 AM »

One thing many people forget: SDC isn't in Branson. It's not even in the same county.

That is true!  The entire city of Branson also is not just in one county, with a very small part extending into Stone County.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2021, 07:15:31 PM »
City of Branson Mask Mandate end tonight at 12:01.(thursday night/friday morning)  it was the first thing the new mayor did, as he promised he would..

St Louis also now allowing bars and restaraunts to be open after midnight, as well as loosening the grip on mask mandate.

interested to see who follows suit..

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2021, 01:34:23 PM »
We went to the first day of Street Fest. People wore masks to ride the trams, enter the park and most continued to wear them inside the park other than when eating. And I think it was stated masks were required on all the rides we rode.

When did the metal detectors get added to the entrance just before the ticket takers? Was nice to not have to wade through the strollers and motorized carts after going through the entrance.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2021, 08:47:47 PM »
They are currently in the process of updating the masking policy to not requiring them at all for fully vaccinated people.