Author Topic: 2021 Crowds/Trip Reports  (Read 77111 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 Crowds/Trip Reports
« Reply #195 on: October 13, 2021, 05:36:59 PM »
One thing I noticed this weekend was that a couple of the nicer water features were turned off. The stream that flows down hill toward the gun/knife shop wasn't running, and the small water wheel by Powderkeg wasn't running. I am used to seeing them off during Christmas, but not during the fall. I hope this is temporary...those little features add a lot to the park.

4800.00 per night :o :o
I live 4 hours away, for 4800 per night you can stay on my rural amercia farmstead in Eastern Kansas, I will fire up the Town Car and I will drive you back and forth!! ::) ::)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 17, 2021, 01:52:16 PM »
25,300 on park Saturday the 16th. I’m glad we’re here today. There is a bit of a crowd and food lines are existent but manageable.

It’s just 2:00, so I expect it to get busier. Rode MRF and got drenched this time on the final drop. Much better ride than what I experienced last year.

Having a great day.

A quick update on the day….food lines were long….everywhere. Tator Twist lines (2) were stretching all the way across the pathways, cinnamon bread was almost to the pizza place, etc. We didn’t buy the food passport….I couldn’t imagine standing in that many lines. It was just that busy today…workers seemed to be working as fast as they could.

The only extremely negative of the day were the Chicken Cashew Cone and Pumpkin Mac and Cheese Cone….both were not very good. The Cashew Chicken last year was in a sweet sauce and extremely good…but this year’s was in a brown gravy and wasn’t great. The Pumpkin Mac and Cheese just doesn’t work well together. Won’t be doing these again.

Jay
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 11:22:31 PM by cowboy »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #197 on: October 18, 2021, 08:59:20 AM »
Must have been intense on Saturday. I hope they had two trains running on at least a few of the coasters... I'm surprised that Mystic is still going with the weather getting colder. When it finally stops that's one less major ride to spread the crowds out, but at least the employees can be utilized elsewhere.

We have already pretty much ruled out going on the weekends during Christmas.

Food lines have been terrible. I waited with my family for probably an hour last weekend for them to get dinner at the tater patch. I had those pumpkin/sweet potato balls... they were not good. The pumpkin/coconut curry was decent, but nothing to write home about and a much smaller portion than what is shown for like $15. All-in-all a bit of a letdown foodwise this year, mostly because they simply can't keep up with limited staff.

greg heard

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 24, 2021, 04:17:20 PM »
Hello, We have always gone to SDC in the fall and being a homeschool family we have been able to come to the park on a Wednesday or Thursday to avoid the lines. We were unable to come on Fall Break but hoping to visit SDC in November. Since the park is only open on the weekends looks like we may try November 5th or 6th. Traditionally, how busy is the park on the weekends in November?  Would Saturday or Sunday be better and early or late arrival? Thank you in advance for any input!

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 24, 2021, 06:53:14 PM »
^ Hello and welcome to the site!  SDC is closed on November 5th (that whole week until Saturday the 6th).  I would definitely suggest a Sunday visit as opposed to a Saturday because of a lighter crowd.  The park is open from 11 - 10 on Saturday and 1 - 9 on Sunday but you should be able to do more on Sunday even with a couple of hours less operating times.  The park is open Wednesday thru Sundays after the first week of November. Good luck.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 25, 2021, 02:44:44 AM »
I moved to London last November so haven't been to the park since just before I left. I am coming back to SGF for work on November 6 and staying until the 15th. I really would like to go to the park on November 7 or 14 as I've missed going desperately. Have Sundays been like typical Sundays in the past in 2021 as far as crowds? After a year with mostly polite Brits, I am hesitant to go if the crowds are insane so Saturdays are out entirely... And working during the week so a weeknight visit isn't possible.

When I lived in SGF, I would always go on a Sunday or during the week if possible to keep my sanity

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 25, 2021, 09:26:08 AM »
I moved to London last November so haven't been to the park since just before I left. I am coming back to SGF for work on November 6 and staying until the 15th. I really would like to go to the park on November 7 or 14 as I've missed going desperately. Have Sundays been like typical Sundays in the past in 2021 as far as crowds? After a year with mostly polite Brits, I am hesitant to go if the crowds are insane so Saturdays are out entirely... And working during the week so a weeknight visit isn't possible.

When I lived in SGF, I would always go on a Sunday or during the week if possible to keep my sanity

We go on Sundays quite a bit. I would say that they have been a bit more busy than in the past, but nothing like a Saturday. The 7th is the second day of An Old Time Christmas so I'm not sure if that will cause a little higher crowds or not. Plan on eating outside of normal meal times and food lines shouldn't be too bad. Have fun!

greg heard

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 26, 2021, 07:08:34 PM »
Thank you for the information.We really wanted to go Saturday but sounds like we might spend the majority of our time in line.  I noticed when I logged onto the ticket portal the number of available tickets remaining for Saturday was 4232 and Sunday was 6269.

Do they still have the policy to go into the park after 3 pm then you can spend the next day with that same ticket?

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 26, 2021, 09:15:08 PM »
^ I don't believe they offer the after 3 the next day's free during Christmas since the park opens later in the day i.e. Sunday the park doesn't even open until 1pm.
I'm Your Huckleberry

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #204 on: October 27, 2021, 01:02:41 AM »
If I recall correctly the After 3 policy ended after the 2018/2019 season. Same for Dollywood.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 11:55:23 PM by sdcfan88 »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 28, 2021, 09:56:08 AM »
If I recall correctly the After 3 policy ended after the 2018/2019 season. Same for Dollywood.

That was my understanding also..    And I am sure they didnt do after 3 during OTC,  since they dont open until 1 or so anyway..

greg heard

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 28, 2021, 11:02:34 AM »
Okay, Thank You for the information. I think we are going to purchase two day tickets and do both days. Saturday late in the day then Sunday.  I was talking to my wife and she reminded me last Fall 2020 when we went to SDC they were sanitizing the rides in between every group and spaced out seating on the rides. We ended up leaving due to the very long waits. Surely it won't be anywhere near that bad.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 28, 2021, 07:24:48 PM »
Okay, Thank You for the information. I think we are going to purchase two day tickets and do both days. Saturday late in the day then Sunday.  I was talking to my wife and she reminded me last Fall 2020 when we went to SDC they were sanitizing the rides in between every group and spaced out seating on the rides. We ended up leaving due to the very long waits. Surely it won't be anywhere near that bad.

From the way it sounds, the lines will be much longer this year than last.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 29, 2021, 08:16:04 AM »
I notice that you can still make reservations to visit on the SDC website.

I'm guessing that there will be days during OTC that you won't be able to get in unless you have a reservation.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 05, 2021, 09:15:58 PM »
Homestead Pickers will be playing inside of Percy’s for OTC