Author Topic: 2021 Crowds/Trip Reports  (Read 76152 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 Crowds/Trip Reports
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2021, 02:12:19 PM »
I do believe that is accurate.  An Opera House worker told me about it Sunday, and that they are only letting in 150 people at a time.

tmstephe

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2021, 08:55:44 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place, so feel free to delete/move.  We will be going to SDC for our first visit since before COVID and our first summer visit in almost a decade.  It looks like we’ll be in town on the 4th of July weekend (both Saturday 7/3 and Sunday 7/4).  I know this is an unusual year, but what kind of crowds might we expect?  Are there any special events at the City for the holiday?  Thanks!

pintrader

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2021, 08:12:58 AM »
Saturday I would count on being very busy if the weather is good.  Sunday being a holiday would be the best of the two days, but it just depends on if people want to get out or stay close to home.  Could really go either way.

No the city doesn't usually do much for the 4th.  The most I really remember them doing is a fireworks show a while back and there is no announcement of that this year so far.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2021, 01:13:56 PM »
I do believe that is accurate.  An Opera House worker told me about it Sunday, and that they are only letting in 150 people at a time.

This is incorrect.  There is no limits on capacity at any of the theatres anymore
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2021, 01:15:49 PM »
SDC no longer requires masks indoors/outdoors or social distancing  for “fully vaccinated” guests.

I’m currently at the park and I’m so proud of how many people are fully vaccinated.  Not a mask in sight ???
SWOOSH

pintrader

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2021, 02:44:49 PM »

This is incorrect.  There is no limits on capacity at any of the theatres anymore

We were there Friday the 14th with capacity limits still in place.   It was pretty tough getting in to see any shows.  You needed to be in line at the Opera House an hour before each show if you expected to get in.

I was wondering how they were going to distinguish vaccinated from non.  I guess that is the answer, they won't  ;)

pintrader

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2021, 02:52:40 PM »
And if my eyes were not deceiving me Grandfather's Mansion was open.  I did not go inside but both doors were open and I did see people entering and leaving.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2021, 05:05:02 PM »
And if my eyes were not deceiving me Grandfather's Mansion was open.  I did not go inside but both doors were open and I did see people entering and leaving.

Yes that’s correct
SWOOSH

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2021, 07:58:10 PM »

It was correct on the day that I was told about it, and the first day of the Bluegrass Festival when I was there.  It has since changed reflecting new statements from CDC.

tmstephe

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2021, 08:21:30 PM »
Saturday I would count on being very busy if the weather is good.  Sunday being a holiday would be the best of the two days, but it just depends on if people want to get out or stay close to home.  Could really go either way.

No the city doesn't usually do much for the 4th.  The most I really remember them doing is a fireworks show a while back and there is no announcement of that this year so far.

Thank you!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2021, 08:54:15 PM »
Awesome to hear that the Mansion is back open. I kind of figured it would quietly remain closed for good - an easy way to send off a "problematic" attraction without anyone really noticing (other than us of course). Still amazed that the insurance people haven't ruined our fun there yet after all they've done elsewhere.

I'm coming up this weekend. Looking forward to the first "normal" visit since 2019.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2021, 08:15:29 AM »

That is good to hear.   
I also figured it would lay there, in demise and slowly be dismissed from the "things to do" list..

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2021, 09:54:47 AM »
We were there Friday the 14th with capacity limits still in place.   It was pretty tough getting in to see any shows.  You needed to be in line at the Opera House an hour before each show if you expected to get in.

I was wondering how they were going to distinguish vaccinated from non.  I guess that is the answer, they won't  ;)

Only an hour?  Heck, We've waited in line longer than that at OTC!   ;D

I hope they do not try to distinguish between Vacc'd and Unvacc'd folks.  The risk is on them, not me, and I would be very disheartened to hear [German Accent]Papers, Please.[/German Accent] when attempting to get into a show or restaurant.

pintrader

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2021, 10:58:00 AM »

Only an hour?  Heck, We've waited in line longer than that at OTC!   ;D

Lol...yeah we have too!   The difference here is OTC wait time was based on attendance while this was capacity limits.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2021, 08:16:40 PM »
SWOOSH