Author Topic: Going back to SDC  (Read 71743 times)

Dave

• View Profile
Re: Going back to SDC
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2020, 08:54:42 AM »
What is the story with how things are going to transpire moving forward after this weekend?

We were planning on going middle of next week and have heard about season pass holders leaving within just a few hours after admittance due to masks in heat, many indoor locations were closed off, hour+ long waits due to staff cleaning the rides between each ride cycle, etc. This was just over the weekend.

Any word if these precautions were done in a limited testing cycle to see how they affected the ebb and flow of availability and customer satisfaction? I've also read on their FB page comments about the misery in attending.

Thanks

I think it depends on the mask you wear and if you have little kids. My family and I were there from 9 am till 5pm. It can be a challenge with masks but not impossible. We had cloth masks and I wore a wide brimmed hat. I think both mate a difference for me.

The biggest thing was the lines were funky enough for me my focus was not on the rised but mroe on the fun of the experience of SDC,

Make sure to catch Lindley Creek!

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2020, 08:36:04 PM »
We had real light weight thin masks, not the heavy cloth ones we used to have and after about 2 hours we were ready to go.

Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2020, 08:47:56 AM »
Fair enough. I don't think I will make as many spontaneous trips this summer like I did last summer.

But thankfully wearing a mask does not impact things too much for me. I suspect that midnight madness will be pretty empty this year. I can not imagine wearing a mask in that typical heat and humidity.

pintrader

« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2020, 07:29:04 PM »
Looks like SDC had their first confirmed COVID-19 case visit the park.  With the preventive measures that are in place and the mask requirement the risk of exposure should be low.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/officials-warn-of-possible-exposure-of-covid-19-at-silver-dollar-city-branson-panera/ar-BB15FEvA?ocid=hplocalnews

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2020, 09:20:36 PM »
2 things come to mind.  First of all, I am not buying into the hype surrounding the virus, but if you are showing any kind of symptoms, stay at home.  With that said, what kind of MORON goes into public, much less SDC with symptoms.  The 2nd thing that comes to mind, I guess their temp checks are pretty much useless.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2020, 10:29:46 PM »
2 things come to mind.  First of all, I am not buying into the hype surrounding the virus, but if you are showing any kind of symptoms, stay at home.  With that said, what kind of MORON goes into public, much less SDC with symptoms.  The 2nd thing that comes to mind, I guess their temp checks are pretty much useless.

I thought the same thing about going out with symptoms, but also realize that it’s very possible a person could have symptoms without noticing any changes in their physical health. I know many people who always seem to be coughing and others who have headaches frequently. So depending on what symptoms this person had, maybe they hadn’t even noticed any changes in their physical health.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2020, 08:40:40 AM »
I suspect that midnight madness will be pretty empty this year. I can not imagine wearing a mask in that typical heat and humidity.

Nothing has been said yet of course, Too early to tell..
But I wonder about the Big Pumpkin Nights thing they do during The Harvest Festival..

Then IF they are so worried at that time about the "spread" of germs... 
How in the world are they going to have Carfters and Vendors onsite selling items?   
with hundreds of people walking around and "fondling" all the goodies the vendors are trying to sell..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2020, 10:39:26 AM »

I thought the same thing about going out with symptoms, but also realize that it’s very possible a person could have symptoms without noticing any changes in their physical health. I know many people who always seem to be coughing and others who have headaches frequently. So depending on what symptoms this person had, maybe they hadn’t even noticed any changes in their physical health.

What I’m curious about is why did they decide to get tested after their trip? What changed? Things like that make me question stuff like this.  Consider me “woke” to all of this and not taking reports at their word.
SWOOSH

pintrader

« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2020, 12:07:48 PM »

What I’m curious about is why did they decide to get tested after their trip? What changed? Things like that make me question stuff like this.  Consider me “woke” to all of this and not taking reports at their word.

The simple answer could just be denial.  Most people would think no it can't be me.  I know I would need to have several symptoms before I would go to be tested.   Fever or shortness of breath would definitely get me thinking.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2020, 07:07:39 PM »
Most people don't go get tested until they get shortness of breath and start freaking out. A lot of people have mild illness and don't worry about it. Some don't even notice they have it because they are either asympotmatic or the symptoms are so mild they blend into the background of allergies/general fatigue/etc.

The problem is, a person who barely realizes they are sick can pass it to someone who very quickly has a bad case.

Those temperature scans are pretty useless. It turns out only some people get fever, and even then it only comes on days after they are already contagious.

FYI, now is a great time to give blood. Knowing your blood type can be helpful to evaluate risk (O types are apparently at less risk, and A types are at higher risk), plus most places are doing antibody tests for free on the blood. Many places are also in critical need of blood as well.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2020, 07:22:15 PM »
I tested about a month ago (negative thank God) because I was running a fever and was home a couple of days.  My supervisor is a nurse and told me though the fever was my only symptom that I should probably get tested anyway.  I had to agree to self-quarantine for 4 days but I got the test results back in 70 hours and everything was ok.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2020, 08:04:12 PM »
One thing I forgot to mention about my visit last week.  Both Saturday and Sunday which were season pass only days, it was a whole different crowd.  Everyone seemed well behaved and not rude.  At opening EVERYONE appears to be removing their hats and holding the hands to their hearts during the pledge and national anthem. During normal days seems many people do not bother.  Just a different type of crowd than the general public now days it seems, at least that was my observation, take if for what its worth.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2020, 08:36:03 AM »
One thing I forgot to mention about my visit last week.  Both Saturday and Sunday which were season pass only days, it was a whole different crowd.  Everyone seemed well behaved and not rude.  At opening EVERYONE appears to be removing their hats and holding the hands to their hearts during the pledge and national anthem. During normal days seems many people do not bother.  Just a different type of crowd than the general public now days it seems, at least that was my observation, take if for what its worth.

Not surprised by that statement..

SP holders?
finally getting to go to the city? 
Get to check out all the new stuff?
No big crowd?
Whats not to be happy about.?

Everyone should be in a good mood and happy to be their.

Glad you had a good trip/visit..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2020, 10:03:54 AM »
Things I’ve noticed so far today

1. Zero social distancing at front gate
2. Zero point to metal detectors since they have you walk through with your bag and then do a courtesy glance in your bag
3. Reservation times mean nothing.  They scan your reservation and then your pass
4. Ride ops are horrible.  One train on Powder Keg.  Random cleaning on the train
5. Social distancing dots in line are apparently only a suggestion
6. Lots of protected chins (that’s where most masks are on people)
7. No choice seating on coasters
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2020, 10:45:39 AM »
Ok, seriously, the amount of “protected chins” is unbelievable today. 
We also have some “protected ear” (singular) that is starting to appear (mask hanging off one ear)

I imagine this will only “improve” as the day goes on.  The park’s barely been open an hour
SWOOSH