Author Topic: Classic Motor Inn 2018 - Call K.D. @ 417 334 6991  (Read 28388 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Motor Inn 2018 - Call K.D. @ 417 334 6991
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2018, 08:58:58 PM »
We’ve booked our stay for July 1-July 5! I know this isn’t the exact place to ask this, but we’ve never visited Branson over the Fourth of July holiday. Of those days, which is the best to visit the city? Also, what does Branson do to celebrate the Fourth? Any suggested fireworks?

Enjoy your stay....
1st of all with the 4th on wed.. I would guess about any day of the week,  sunday and after would be ok to go..
2nd -  Lots of fireworks in town, The Landing, Chateua, Rockaway Beach.... BUT be aware that this is the 4th annual Team Haygood/Grand Country Wild Bunch Fireworks display at Classic Motor Inn.  I will start setting up tuesday evening, in the rear parking lot. I will start about 10.. usually last 1 1/2 - 2 hours..  I put on what I think is a very good show, lots of big stuff going boom, lots of mortars, Bottle rockets, Roman Candles and some smaller stuff too..   IF you have little kids that want to shoot their stuff, thats ok too. We always have a few kids joining in..  We are leading members of these 2 groups fan clubs and do it for them, their families, friends and the hotel guests.. Although they havent started helping fund the display, we have a real "Blast".    Feel free to bring your chairs, drinks and join in, come down and say hi..... (donations accepted, LOL)

coasterdad

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 05:01:14 PM »
beware SAND tried to kill us a few years ago with his version of mortors gone wild..LOL ;) ;D. Really the 4th at the C.M.I is a great place to swim, chill, fellowship with other members of this group, and enjoy SDR's wonderful fireworks. best 4th in recent memory. Wishing I was gonna be there, Perhaps next 4th

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 07:20:42 PM »
beware SAND tried to kill us a few years ago with his version of mortors gone wild..LOL ;) ;D. Really the 4th at the C.M.I is a great place to swim, chill, fellowship with other members of this group, and enjoy SDR's wonderful fireworks. best 4th in recent memory. Wishing I was gonna be there, Perhaps next 4th

MAN!!!  1 mortar tube falls over!!   and they remember it FOREVER!!!!!!     LOL!

I have since changed that part, I mount ALL mortar tubes to a piece of plywood which in turn is mounted to a table.!!    "Safety First"... ::)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2018, 06:55:55 PM »
We were in town Sunday and Monday and stayed at Classic Sunday night.  We learned the place has been sold  and they were in the process of selling off/removing everything from the lobby area.  Not sure who the new owners are and wondered if we will still get our rate.  Anybody heard anything?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2018, 03:07:46 PM »
I just got back from a quick 2 day run with my mother.   
Was her Birthday and she wanted to see the Haygoods. SO?  What do you do when your 80 year old mother wants to see THe Haygoods? You go to Branson to see 1 show , then drive home the next day.!!! ;D

Here is what I know so far. 
Buyers are from California...
Supposed to take over today (1st), that didnt happen, now scheduled for the 8th,, (something about SBA Loan)...
K.D. is supposed to stay on as manager...
Our "contract" on SDCFans rates for 2018, I expect them to honor. They may or may not,
I will be back on the 10 of August and maybe then I can meat an owner/manager or whatever, see whats going there..
I already met with another Motel owner/manager (locally owned and managed) that I know real well and laid the seeds for a New Motel Base. She was very happy and excited at the chance to work with us. Her motel has about 80 rooms, where Classic has about 60. Also has ties with a couple of other motels, so If they happen to be sold out they can place us at a different location, But with reduced rate.
I told her we would ride out Classic first, Give them the opportunity to retain our business if they want to.
So for now we will see what may or may not change...

IF problems start, please let me know, I will give you contact name and number and she will find you a room, either at her motel one of the others she is affiliated with.  with a pricing discount available immediatley.. may not be 40 + tax, but will be close.   This was offered to me in the "Just in case" scenario..

Keep your heads up!! When you check in,  Make sure you Talk To KD if you can,  Identify yourself as SDCFans member, May need to remind the new Management we have contract Price for the year..

Lets see what happens....  ;D

Hopefully we will have a painless transition.. ::)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2018, 07:34:50 PM »
You're the best Dan. I'm going to put you in charge of the SDCFans tour company.  ;D

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2018, 07:37:51 PM »
Thanks Sand for staying on top of this and helping all of us out.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2018, 06:38:20 AM »
You're the best Dan. I'm going to put you in charge of the SDCFans tour company.  ;D

Thats would be fine, Shave..   

And with my CDL License I can also drive the tour bus ...   LOL.    (would that be called mulitasking?)

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2018, 02:12:18 PM »
Thanks for the updates.  while I haven't taken advantage yet of the offer, it's nice to know it's there.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2018, 01:27:08 PM »
Hopefully our reservation for Sept. will be honored as the same as was in June.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2018, 06:05:21 PM »
Hopefully our reservation for Sept. will be honored as the same as was in June.

I hope to know more after the weekend of the 10-11-12... 

When are you scheduled? also what is your last name I will try to verify reservations and price.

I will keep everybody posted the best I can.   SDR

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2018, 09:14:44 PM »
In Sept. 11 out Sept .24. Under Robert Hrabak. Hope all goes well.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2018, 04:53:38 PM »
In Sept. 11 out Sept .24. Under Robert Hrabak. Hope all goes well.

Talked to KD today,

the buy went through on Wed. as expected the old owners were packed and as soon as they had verification of funds.....They headed to Florida.

KD tells me she is learning new CC machine, and They installed a New Software program for the motel.. Good thing, since they are teaching her the new system, sounds like they will be keeping KD on payroll..

At this point we are not expecting any problems with us retaining our discount rate. I must empasize that when checking in you make sure you identify yourself as SDCFans members., AND you will probably have to tell/remind them of our 40.00 rate.

The new owners dont know us yet, And will only be able to know who we are after multiple visits.

Cheese- KD said no problem, Looking forward to seeing you again.

Again,  we expect not problems/changes..  For the time being..

I will be there this weekend, hopefully more details next week...

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2018, 10:30:42 PM »
Thanks for the update Dan.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2018, 11:27:41 AM »
We were there 8/9 for a one night stay. Breakfast is now just served in the lobby, downstairs breakfast room is closed. Car in lobby is gone. Rate was honored. Atmosphere seems different.