Author Topic: Classic Motor Inn 2018 - Call K.D. @ 417 334 6991  (Read 28389 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Motor Inn 2018 - Call K.D. @ 417 334 6991
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2018, 09:12:37 AM »
Our trip was last minute -- we called Tuesday and arrived Wednesday. The king was available for 2 nights which is what we needed. There was a large group of golfers there mid-week. I think they had 16 rooms.

Didn't ask about the move. We offered a meal Wednesday night but she had already eaten.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2018, 11:02:04 AM »
Glad that worked out for you.....

Thanks for trying to slip K.D. a meal.. :D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2018, 07:14:37 AM »
Just an update...

KD is still at classic,  says she will make her move after the season is over.. (1st of the year? maybe.)

I am still hanging tough at classic through the end of the year, with KD.

But I am planning on pulling the trigger on new location starting in January.  see details from my previous post back in October..

The biggest problem I can see with new location is NO pet rooms for the time being.  I do know this directly affects 3 or 4 of our members.   I am hoping to maybe have that ammended.  I do plan on meeting with management again, next week when i am in town.  I would like to think if the "demand" requests pet rooms, they might add them??.  dont know, NO guarantees,,

IF KD would make a decision on where she is going, That would help us make our decision too,  but waiting for right now..

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2018, 11:16:27 PM »
Sand, what hotel are you speaking of?
I want to be loyal to KD but will not give those managers my business, so no more Classic for me.
Is it the HOF?
Need a place for tomorrow night, will call on the way there.
Thanks for your help.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2018, 07:20:37 AM »
Sand, what hotel are you speaking of?
I want to be loyal to KD but will not give those managers my business, so no more Classic for me.
Is it the HOF?
Need a place for tomorrow night, will call on the way there.
Thanks for your help.

HOF?

Bill call Michele at 417-332-2121, 
she is directly tied in with Hall of Fame Motel.  She is taking care of us for now until we make transisition to new location.. She is matching our room rate of 40.00.
Hall of Fame motel is on 76, northside of road, across from the wax museum, about 1/2 blosk east of Starlite theatre..
If she isnt there, 1 of the other gals can make your reservation for you..

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2019, 10:26:58 AM »
We stayed at the Classic Sunday night after spending the afternoon and evening at the City.  We had called ahead and asked KD if she needed anything, but she said she did not.  We took her a selection of Christmas cookies, anyway  ;)  She had already placed extra linen in the room for us--that's great service!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2019, 01:29:26 PM »
We stayed at the Classic Sunday night after spending the afternoon and evening at the City.  We had called ahead and asked KD if she needed anything, but she said she did not.  We took her a selection of Christmas cookies, anyway  ;)  She had already placed extra linen in the room for us--that's great service!

We were there also,  LOL,  tried to feed her a couple of time this weekend, she just kept saying No thank you,I am fine.
I was glad to hear the owners are leaving town for a month, and KD told us she was going to a try to find something else while they were gone.!  YAY!!  She need a serious break!..

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2019, 10:02:34 AM »
We stayed at Classic on Wednesday March 6th and KD said Friday, March 8th was her last day at Classic. She now has a job at the Hughes Brothers Music show.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2019, 10:13:43 AM »
COPIED from my post in the other Classic thread:

Well.

On the way down last Friday (3/15), my wife called to confirm our reservation.  Surprise:  it didn't exist.  Blame placed on KD.

SDC fans special rate?  What's that?  Is that the AARP?

*sigh* 

My wife was able to secure a room--they were NOT busy and at a rate not too much higher than the previous one, but I can make NO promises to anyone else at any other time.   I get the distinct impression that our rate will be based entirely on projected rooms available. 

And, if you had a reservation made prior to 3/8, I strongly suggest that you give them a call before arriving so that you can negotiate some kind of room.