Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 148304 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2018, 12:01:53 PM »
@ Swoosh..   yes water is low,  I am surprised they didnt drain it..  Maybe waiting until january to pump it dry..

And they may be waiting for the fence.. when the drain all the water, the lake is going to look bad!!, Muddy, Trash! Crap!  yes it will look bad..!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2018, 12:17:43 PM »
Photos from Wednesday 11.21
New "land bridge" has been constructed over the canal of Lost River
and they have begun moving dirt and more in the queue area.

https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2018/11/riverfront-redevelopment-sdc.html

Is this land bridge in the same place where a "temporary" or "portable" bridge is normally placed for maintenance?

I’m not sure.  It is right next to the entrance/exit to Ribhouse

I am surprised they didnt drain it..  Maybe waiting until january to pump it dry..

And they may be waiting for the fence.. when the drain all the water, the lake is going to look bad!!, Muddy, Trash! Crap!  yes it will look bad..!
From what I’ve heard it was pretty much drained and then it rained.   ;D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 10:28:27 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2018, 02:54:43 PM »
Thanks for the pics Swoosh!

When we were there Nov 15-18, we spoke with one of the shopkeepers at White River Mercantile. According to her, she claims the shop will be removed completely, and they are moving into where Cowboy Jeps currently resides (midtown). She seemed sad the shop will be in a much smaller blueprint and was also commenting on the hardwood floors; she said she always loved the old wooded floors and hated to see them ripped up and thrown away.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2018, 03:20:36 PM »
Thanks for the pics Swoosh!

When we were there Nov 15-18, we spoke with one of the shopkeepers at White River Mercantile. According to her, she claims the shop will be removed completely, and they are moving into where Cowboy Jeps currently resides (midtown). She seemed sad the shop will be in a much smaller blueprint and was also commenting on the hardwood floors; she said she always loved the old wooded floors and hated to see them ripped up and thrown away.

Yep.  Here’s a map of what has been “confirmed” as being removed.
Still curious if this area will even be open to guests next season
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2018, 07:40:22 AM »
That will be interesting to see for sure..
easily could be blocked off, since they are reworking the complete area, at least from the west side.. 
the east side would be a little different if they are planning on using Riverfront  at all in 2019,  If they are not going to schedule anything there,  blocking off on the east would be easy also.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2018, 05:14:02 PM »
Interesting that they have started open construction so soon, but it makes sense if they want to get everything ripped out and a new path opened up ASAP. I'm sure they'll at the very least have a temporary gravel bypass path around the site next year. Maybe they'll construct everything path-side first so they can get that stuff opened up again by summer.

Today is one of the days that really shows the importance of opening the park up and getting more crowd room put in place wherever they can. The park apparently hit somewhere around 29,000 guests today and had to close the gates again.

I hate to see so much ripped out and replaced, but then reality hits and you can't deny that they have to do something. Still think they need to work more on the front gate area before they do more huge new attractions, but I'm sure it's all been planned out in this order for a reason.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2018, 05:51:31 PM »
Im still shocked this took precedence over FITH, AP or most notably FM being demo'd and reworked as previously speculated. Maybe the PTB were afraid of backlash of such iconic classics being touched?  (Well maybe not AP)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 05:53:03 PM by sdcfan88 »

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2018, 07:05:01 PM »
Im still shocked this took precedence over FITH, AP or most notably FM being demo'd and reworked as previously speculated. Maybe the PTB were afraid of backlash of such iconic classics being touched?  (Well maybe not AP)

FITH and FM are iconic classics; AP is just old.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2018, 08:14:40 PM »
Dollars and cents behind it all. We don't see the real cost/benefits, just what we like and don't like. Revamping lost river is a wash for me, but somehow it must be saving them a ton of money. AP might be a cheap ride to keep going at the moment. The squeeky wheel gets the grease as they say.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2018, 08:12:09 AM »
Dollars and cents behind it all. We don't see the real cost/benefits, just what we like and don't like. Revamping lost river is a wash for me, but somehow it must be saving them a ton of money. AP might be a cheap ride to keep going at the moment. The squeeky wheel gets the grease as they say.

I think when they release the details on the upgrade, there will be many details as to why..
obviously the new reworked boardwalk
with all the new buildings,
the "new pathway'
the new "lost river",
Although it may not happen,  i expect to see a log plume ride of some time in same area, which ulimately will replace AP. 
That would open the AP area for the long awaited 3rd coaster in that area, and the opportunity to rework the walkways and paths on that side of the park

msu24

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2018, 07:11:15 PM »
Does there seem to be any signs of construction or markings around AP, FITH, and fL? Besides what we have seen so far at LR?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2018, 07:52:49 PM »
Does there seem to be any signs of construction or markings around AP, FITH, and fL? Besides what we have seen so far at LR?

There are no markings around AP, FITH, and FM.
There are markings all around Riverfront and LR
SWOOSH

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2018, 02:46:26 PM »
Is there pictures of said markings?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2018, 03:31:51 PM »
Is there pictures of said markings?

If there were photos (or at least photos that could be posted) don’t you think they’d be online by now. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2018, 06:52:04 PM »
Swoosh's latest photo update shows the markings and activity at Lost River, just in case this link has been missed: https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2018/11/riverfront-redevelopment-sdc.html

I plan to be there this weekend and will get another update of what can be seen.