Author Topic: Progress on new places to eat in Branson  (Read 15682 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Progress on new places to eat in Branson
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2015, 12:47:31 PM »
Big Whiskey's is open at Branson Landing. Drink specials, $1 sliders and half off several appetizers during Happy Hour 4 pm - 6 pm Monday -- Friday. It is right across from Waxy O'Shea's. We tried it out Friday and enjoyed it. Thought it was better than the Ozark location.

Do they distille there own Whiskey?

It is not a distillery -- just a bar and grill. However, a moonshine distillery will soon be opening at Branson Landing.

That's what I was thinking of. Got a little mixed up.  Thanks

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2015, 07:47:58 PM »
We ate at The Upper Deck again, really like that food..  price is fair.. BUT don't go if you are pushed for time..  service is good, but seems to take a while for food to come out.. they cook everything onsite...  BUT, I feel like the cook needs to learn to multi-task a little more...  Have some time? try them out.  In Branson meadow mall..

The new Drafts was very busy this weekend,, the parking lot at least 75% full all the time...  We will try them later... 

The whole town seemed very busy this weekend, LOTS of traffic... BUT it rained sat and sunday, so I am sure the added to the "problem"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2015, 07:49:08 AM »
I also just read on 1Branson that military people receive a 40% discount everyday at The Upper Grill..  I don't know if wife/family is included (I doubt it)..  But that would make a 9.00 Philly Sandwhich with 2 sides less than 6.50! Great Deal..!   

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2015, 08:07:35 PM »
Not a new place, but I have to put a word in for Dobyns at Keeter Center. My word is WOW!  Picked up groceries at Harter House the first night in town, but I was starving and mad at myself for not being better prepared as I stood in the checkout line.  As a celiac, I don't go anywhere without a lunchbox!  I ate everything in it on the drive!  :). Hubs suggested we stop at Dobyns at Keeter Center just to see what they could offer. Not only do they understand the importance of providing a gluten free meal, but they are stringent about making sure it doesn't get cross contaminated. The chef can make almost all entrees gluten free.  I was still a little worried until the manager came over to reassure me that not only do they take precautions, but they can offer a gluten free bread basket. I could've cried, I was so happy. One prime rib dinner later with yummy bread, and I did the happy dance!  Slightly pricey, but no more than any good restaurant.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 08:09:27 PM by Gilligan »

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2015, 09:15:43 PM »
Drove by the new Psghetti's (or whatever) and I must comment on the meatball.  I have no problem with a giant meatball entrance as an idea...but what they have is just plain hideous and it looks like 40 year old puke.  Perhaps it isn't done yet?  Really bad.

Must also plug McFarlain's yet again.  It never disappoints.  Great service, timely arrival, great fresh and hot food and lots of it for what you pay.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2015, 03:21:42 PM »
Love Mcfarlans...  never had bad food or a bad expeirence there..

Meatball?,  yep!  its finished...

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2015, 03:54:05 PM »
I've had a hard time getting too wound up over how Pasghetti's turned out, but seeing the recent photos is really making me mad that they think this is OK. It really does look awful, no matter how tacky everything around it is. I kept thinking there were more details to be added to make it all look presentable in the end, but apparently this is it.

What really gets me is that the original concept art was decent:
https://www.selectbranson.com/pasghettis-italian-restaurant-coming-to-branson-this-fall/

but instead we got this:
http://www.selectbranson.com/pasghettis-the-newest-italian-attraction/

That's a travesty. Not only does the company behind Pasghetti's give zero ****'s, but there's still clearly no review process in Branson and the PTB are still failing to uphold even the bare minimum level of standard for Branson developments. The Spirit of 76 project won't do much if they don't start enforcing developers to take at least a little care in what they're doing.

It's definitely OK, and even encouraged, for businesses in Branson to go crazy with their decor and facades, but crap is crap. They definitely could have made the meatball look a lot better, and it looks like they just gave up on the front facade.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2015, 04:38:43 PM »
Typical Branson unregulated construction. What is the PVC pipes laying around supposed to be ? Hopefully the spirit of 76 project will take roots and business owners will embrace it. Foogle on the other hand seems to be trying to destroy the town with his obnoxious stuff.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2015, 05:41:12 PM »
Those are pipes; they are pasta.

I actually think the pictures or the meatball look very similar to the concept art.  They went with a tomato (though I thought it was an apple) at the roofline which breaks it up a bit, but it is a shame they cheaped out on the front window, etc.

I think this company has enough clout and presence in Branson that they are probably given some slack politically.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2015, 06:22:08 PM »
My eyes!  My eyes!  The photo sort of looks like...surgery gone wrong.  Yikes!