Author Topic: Progress on new places to eat in Branson  (Read 15700 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Progress on new places to eat in Branson
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2015, 12:30:19 PM »
I'll say this:  at least the owners are trying to put themes and unique settings into their properties.  I recognize that the food is not always up to my standards for the price, but I can say the same for most of Branson's restaurants.  I'm glad they are investing in Branson and making the restaurants unique.
I for one am not turned off by the Chicken or the meatball.  Its cheesy but fun and great for the kids.
If you have ever been to Downtown Disney you would see things like this, done well they are lots of fun and add character. 
It goes with the Titanic and the Wax Museum Kong.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 12:44:47 PM »

I'm not to excited about CiCi's,  I don't go to Branson to eat at a regular chain restaurant that I can get down the street from our house.

We live in a very small town that has nothing like Ci Ci's. We have to drive around 160-170 miles to get to something like that. I'm sure I'd be saying the same thing however if there were something like this in our town. There are pros and cons of living in a smaller town that is not close to any major cities. We really lack choice for places to eat here.
Colorado SDC Fan

coasterdad

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 06:15:15 PM »
we just got back from 4 days in Branson and I thought that the town was more kitchy than gaudy. my girls loved the interesting buildings, I grew up in central Florida and it kinda reminded me of home( I drive, Disney, uni, etc) I think its important to remember that Branson is first and foremost a tourist town. and putting a theme restaurant in a plain red brick building generates no eye buzz. that being said Branson and those who love it should embrace the touristy aspects of the town for it will lead to more people spending hard earned vacation money and ultimately building up what is already a great town even more.  :) ;D

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 11:54:52 AM »

Drove by the psgettis restaurant this weekend.  Honestly the fact that anyone on here would say that it looks cheap or touristy is astounding to me.
I guess if it were not flanked on the left by a replica of the Titanic and shadowed by the King Kong right across the street with the UFO mini golf there at the Wax Museum as well maybe it would be out of place but it seems to me that they are keeping with the theme of that part of town. 

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2015, 02:37:18 PM »

Drove by the psgettis restaurant this weekend.  Honestly the fact that anyone on here would say that it looks cheap or touristy is astounding to me.
I guess if it were not flanked on the left by a replica of the Titanic and shadowed by the King Kong right across the street with the UFO mini golf there at the Wax Museum as well maybe it would be out of place but it seems to me that they are keeping with the theme of that part of town. 

Agree!! We were in Branson this past weekend too, and I thought it looked great; not out of place at all...considering its surroundings.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Hollwood

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2015, 03:01:05 PM »
Wait till you see the inside... It is AWESOME!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2015, 04:27:00 PM »
I'm certain the owner of the spaghetti place also owns the chicken place, and has 4 or 5 buffets in town nicknamed the Fogel Fatal Five. 

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2015, 06:44:57 PM »
Well I am not real excited about CiCis or Psgettis. Since I have 2 Psgettis within 30 minutes and 1 CiCis 5 more minutes. However. I am happy when ANY business moves in to Branson. I do agree with Sanddune. I would like to see a Texas Roadhouse, or Outback come in to town. (Yes I know Outback - as we know it - can not come in because of the "original" Outback Pub is still in Branson across from Grand Country). The 2 are NOT affiliated at all. I dont want the Pub to leave by any means.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2015, 07:43:16 PM »
According to Branson Tri-Lakes, Pasghetti's officially opens on 5/4 at 11 am.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2015, 07:48:48 PM »
The New "Drafts" is almost ready to open up.  Located in the old 'T" bones building..

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2015, 10:25:28 PM »
That one's interesting, seems like it would be a successful restaurant space, but apparently it didn't work for that either. I actually tried to go to T-bones earlier this year but found it closed. It was the closest place Google Maps pulled up for BBQ (of which there are surprisingly few good options for in Branson). Could be useful in the Fall though to catch night games after visiting SDC.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2015, 08:02:04 AM »
Drafts is open know, I guess they opened on Monday this week...

Shindigs opened where the old Gilley restauraunt was, I am hearing GOOD food, GREAT BBQ, and starting to get live music in there again. I will try it soon.

I ate at The Upper Deck Sunday, Large portions, fair price. They are located in branson meadows, around the corner from the church. We were the only 2 inthere, and 2 employees.. Slow start for them, tough location, hope it works out. Worth the money. 

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 11:37:30 AM »
Big Whiskey's is open at Branson Landing. Drink specials, $1 sliders and half off several appetizers during Happy Hour 4 pm - 6 pm Monday -- Friday. It is right across from Waxy O'Shea's. We tried it out Friday and enjoyed it. Thought it was better than the Ozark location.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 12:14:32 PM »
Big Whiskey's is open at Branson Landing. Drink specials, $1 sliders and half off several appetizers during Happy Hour 4 pm - 6 pm Monday -- Friday. It is right across from Waxy O'Shea's. We tried it out Friday and enjoyed it. Thought it was better than the Ozark location.

Do they distille there own Whiskey?

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 12:36:58 PM »

Do they distille there own Whiskey?

It is not a distillery -- just a bar and grill. However, a moonshine distillery will soon be opening at Branson Landing.