Author Topic: Breakfast-  (Read 5677 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Breakfast-
« on: February 01, 2015, 02:38:53 AM »
As we all sit here in anticipation of the new season and FL.  I read on FB that Billy Gail's opens this weekend after being shut down for the "Winter". Brings up my question.

If you do eat Breakfast and don't eat at your Condo/Motel, Where do you go?

Lets make it a Top 3 list... doesn't have to be in true order, Just your favorite 3 places for breakfast,

And Just because- how about that "1" place where you would never eat, and why.

Me:

Eat at         Billy Gail's         Grand Country            SDC

Never Again!-            Steak and Shake- tried 2 or 3 times, LOUSY Sunday morning service.!

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
Re: Breakfast-
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 07:41:40 AM »
Used to eat at Sadies when we stayed in Branson. Now we stay in Branson West, used to eat at Michaels but started getting bad service so we stopped going. Have ate at Donnies 1 time, it was good. If we get up way to early we will go to McD's just to get something in the tummy. But normally we just eat at SDC because we get there so early.
Live life like it's the last day!

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 12:27:20 PM »
We use to love Peppercorns (now the Great Chicken place)

McFarland's has a good breakfast.

Bradford Inn has a wonderful, full, homemade breakfast. This is our 'special' hotel, if we are not staying on SOTH expressway.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 03:11:27 PM »
Depends a lot on which way we go home and how big of a hurry. Sometimes the picnic table at the campground. Starvin Marvins is pretty popular with our group for their breakfast buffet. If going through Branson West, sadly it's McD's. Sometimes we just skip it and stop for lunch on the way home. We've never tried Billy Gails but every time we are staying at Wilderness or Compton Ridge it looks busier than all get out on Sunday mornings.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 04:12:17 PM »
If we go out for breakfast we like Grand Country, Starvin Marvins and have eaten at Golden Corral for breakfast. Sometimes it's good and sometimes bad.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 06:28:00 PM »
Yes:  Bradford Inn     Clubhouse at Pointe Royale

Never:   Billy Gails (took an hour for under cooked pancakes and never got a coffee refill both times we were there)

Donnies Diner (45 min. for breakfast and 4 mice (yes, 4!!) played on the floor in front of the door

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 09:25:21 PM »
our motel just serves coffee and donuts so we always eat at the Mill Restraunt at SDC with the always friendly, efficient and pretty Ms. Debbie as our waitress!  She's a great advertisement for the City!  During Old Time Christmas we eat at McDonald's in Branson West
I'm Your Huckleberry

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 12:55:00 PM »
Growing up we stayed at Treasure Lake, so we had our own kitchens.  On occasions that we did go out for breakfast (other than the city) it would be:
 * Golden Coral
 * some buffet in town in a building shaped like a riverboat (the name escapes me--I have no idea if they're even open now)
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 06:05:12 PM »
Growing up we stayed at Treasure Lake, so we had our own kitchens.  On occasions that we did go out for breakfast (other than the city) it would be:
 * Golden Coral
 * some buffet in town in a building shaped like a riverboat (the name escapes me--I have no idea if they're even open now)

Is it on the strip on Green Mountain? I was thinking it was called Docknockers, but I don't think that's right, I'm getting that confused with one at LOTO. Thought it had Dock in the name though.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 06:07:42 PM by thelarsonsix »
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 08:46:11 PM »
Well for the mornings that we visit SDC. Of course--The Mill. If it is "go home day" Then we will grab a small somethin at the Motel or campground. Then a quick stop at "The Landing" (no food usually) then off to Lamberts.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 08:04:18 AM »
Dockers was the name of the place on Green Mountain Drive. It has since had a couple of other names. Think it is closed now.

If we don't eat breakfast at the motel, we either get breakfast at Taco Bell (really like the Crunchwraps), McDonald's, or Ray's Donuts.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 08:31:13 AM »
Yep, Dockers it is (or was)! Thanks!
Now that I'm married and live in Springfield we usually just do day trips, so no breakfast for us in Branson.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 12:20:32 PM »
We used to always eat at Dockers but since it closed we eat at SDC.  In nov and dec we eat at starvin Marvin's because SDC opens later.   
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey