Author Topic: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 181560 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #270 on: October 18, 2015, 12:00:12 PM »
It's not so much speculation though this season - because everything that has come up and been mentioned (and not just by me) has been on the list of things they'd (board) like to do.  The big issue is WHEN.  For instance, about a month ago there were talks about building a new ADA friendly EH on the other side of the park which would empty into the parking lot after the show.  Now it seems the current EH is going to get improvements (like major) including both GP area and BOH.  There was also talk about a new front gate area in the next few years and pretty much everything currently there would be razed.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #271 on: October 18, 2015, 02:08:28 PM »
I'm sure a new EH with exit/entrance would-have/will-be also been utilized for upcharge events and concerts.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 18, 2015, 07:57:51 PM »
Scares me to think of everything in the entrance area being destroyed. Yes, I realize there needs to be improvements. However, there is also a lot of charm as it is now. Hope they can retain some of that charm with improvements that do need to be made. Maybe even utilizing some of the features that are already there.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #273 on: October 18, 2015, 08:38:34 PM »
 Well maybe they'll announce something new when season passes go on sale in a few weeks.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 18, 2015, 08:39:16 PM »
Scares me to think of everything in the entrance area being destroyed. Yes, I realize there needs to be improvements. However, there is also a lot of charm as it is now. Hope they can retain some of that charm with improvements that do need to be made......
I agree although it is to narrow from the entrance to the Hospitality house to the Ozark Marketplace.  On your side making this larger will lose the greenery, intimacy, theme and charm.  I am afraid that what we know as SDC will be very different in a few years.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 19, 2015, 09:42:19 AM »
The way the entrance is now gives one a feeling that they are truly leaving one world/era and entering into another. I certainly hope it stays that way. From what I read on this site, the PTB assume that old=bad. That isn't always the case. There is a reason that SDC has been a successful theme park for 55 years. I don't know how many family pictures we have in front of the water wheel, giant SDC sign, and water clock. I hope they stay.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2015, 04:51:10 PM »
Town Hall meeting will be Wednesday at 8:30am. Should know more then.

Guys, as of right now - it's hard to say what they are going to do for next year.  Stuff that seemed concrete yesterday has changed again. 

What town hall?? Does SDC have a town hall now? Im sure it isnt the branson town hall. They probably have no idea what SDC is planning. How are you getting all this info and what changes are you talking about? It seems like every time you talk today, you create more questions but you dont answer any because you arent providing any information.

Now, you say you dont know what will happen? By what you said earlier, it sounded like you knew exactly what will happen for the next 3 years or more.

Swoosh always knows what the current plans are. But, plans change all the time in the amusement industry and nothing is ever "set" until it is announced and built. Also, Swoosh won't answer questions that would require him to reveal the park's exact plans.

Now swoosh reveals something....
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 05:00:03 PM by Laroy »

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 19, 2015, 05:33:28 PM »
No, he did not.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #278 on: October 19, 2015, 05:50:52 PM »
Yeah.  No he did not. 
SWOOSH

Hollwood

« Reply #279 on: October 19, 2015, 06:10:46 PM »
"Z-Snap" :o

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #280 on: October 19, 2015, 07:47:12 PM »
Guys, as of right now - it's hard to say what they are going to do for next year.  Stuff that seemed concrete yesterday has changed again. 

As always. Which is part of how I got tired of forum rumors in the first place. You can't put stock in anything until there are shovels in the ground, and even then they can surprise you.

I will say though that I don't care as much as I used to, and if the current rumors come to pass, I won't really care at all anymore. If it turns into just another theme park this will be just another fan board.

As for the entrance though, we've been speculating about that for about as long as these boards have been around. I think it was just a tendency to keep things as they are that has kept things like the Hospitality House around as long as it has been. It feels like that tendency is slipping faster than ever, so it's just a question of when they'll take it down and open everything up with a much wider path to the entrance. Frankly, although the loss of the mural and the memories of the old entrance would be sad, it really needs to happen. It needed to happen years ago. It's one of the few areas where the old setup actually is getting in the way of progress. Besides, the tram drop off and loading has been an unacceptable mess for too long. It's outrageous how poorly it is setup for how large of an operation it is. At least they have it though.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2015, 08:56:59 PM »
^ Agree.  Anything, like the new Echo Hollow idea, that would empty into the parking lot would be a stroke of genius.  you have to keep the guests happy coming and going and if the last memory you have of SDC for the day is a nightmare trying to get back to your vehicle and on to your next destination then they probably have failed.  I'm ok with changes as long as the 1880s theme stays.  They still do an excellent job with that.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 19, 2015, 09:45:31 PM »
What I hate the most and needs to be fixed is the line to get on the trams. The line is made up of portable, put together fence pieces.  :-\ I really wish they would redo this area, fix it, or do something. I like to see fences that are in the cement. It looks much nicer and I know they will be there a while. Its also too confusing for new guests. Too many pathways you can go, and its in the middle of tram stop 1, 2, and 3 line. Its open so people can get out of line and start walking. This isnt right. If they want to walk, they should go back the way they came thru the line and get in the walk way lane. New guests can also get into the same tram line there from the walk way, and they dont know that it doesnt lead to the ticket booths. I like organization. We need organization here! The new parking lots and tram roads, is an upgrade from what used to be there, but its not perfect. I do think it can and should be done better too.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 09:48:13 PM by Laroy »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 20, 2015, 09:07:52 AM »

As always. Which is part of how I got tired of forum rumors in the first place. You can't put stock in anything until there are shovels in the ground, and even then they can surprise you.

I will say though that I don't care as much as I used to, and if the current rumors come to pass, I won't really care at all anymore. If it turns into just another theme park this will be just another fan board.

As for the entrance though, we've been speculating about that for about as long as these boards have been around. I think it was just a tendency to keep things as they are that has kept things like the Hospitality House around as long as it has been. It feels like that tendency is slipping faster than ever, so it's just a question of when they'll take it down and open everything up with a much wider path to the entrance. Frankly, although the loss of the mural and the memories of the old entrance would be sad, it really needs to happen. It needed to happen years ago. It's one of the few areas where the old setup actually is getting in the way of progress. Besides, the tram drop off and loading has been an unacceptable mess for too long. It's outrageous how poorly it is setup for how large of an operation it is. At least they have it though.

Quite honestly, the traffic jam inside the HH after the Christmas Parades and folks then bailing is quite unacceptable. I'm sure their "leakage" has skyrocketed. I've seen it first hand. It#s not s9 much the entran e as it is the exiting.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #284 on: October 20, 2015, 05:25:49 PM »
As long as we're talking about things that do not fall under this thread - at least until there is something substantial to talk about - couldn't a connection be made from the existing EH?  They filled in a whole beautiful valley ("...paved Paradise and put up a parking lot") to make a parking lot.  It just doesn't seem like much of a stretch to circumvent the park at exit time.

The saddest part, to me, is that people used to exit quietly from the concert.  We seemed to reflect upon what we had just seen, and we were almost at a library whisper when we left.  That allowed us to marvel at the frogs that sang to us every evening.  I loved walking through the park at night, with barely any lights along the way.  It was so peaceful and serene (which also means peaceful, so I am using extra redundancy there.).
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating