Author Topic: Ride The Ducks  (Read 11888 times)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: Ride The Ducks
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2010, 10:49:11 AM »
I think there is more to the story than simply not wanting to go because it is lame. Some people just have a fear of traveling on open water, or being on a small “boat,“ and will make up various excuses to justify, and to cover up the real reason why they do not want to go.

I can understand that, and I respect that. I have a fear of skydiving which is why I will never do it. :o Besides, I can just blow a desk fan in my face, and get the same effect right? ???

On another note, I love waving at the people riding on the ducks as they pass by on the strip. Sure it may be corny, but I want the ride to be even extra special for them. :)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2010, 11:26:46 AM »
fair enough ozark! i have a fear of flying :-[.. dont know what to do to duplicate that? and dont care...LOL..   dont like it anyway!! :)     Always wave and yell at the golfers and other drivers??????.. YOU BET!!! :o :o

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2010, 02:45:07 PM »
I dont have a fear of water, I have a fear of spending excess money. There I said it. My name is Katie, and I have a fear of spending money. I just dont see the value. And if your arugment is the duck horns you get count me out. I dont like loud toys. Call me a penny pinchin fuddy duddy but I just dont see the darn point in riding a duck.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2010, 05:04:56 PM »
The whole time I lived in Branson I never even considered riding a Duck. When I got married, my ten year old stepdaughter wanted to ride one, so we gave in. My wife does not like getting on boats and on big lakes, but she and my stepdaughter loved the ride. I did too. Now I really want to take my wife on the Taneycomo cruise and tour College of the Ozarks. Funny thing is, when I lived in Branson as a kid, one of the houses my parents rented had a nice lake view, so I saw the lake everyday. Later, I was a student at College of the Ozarks. So I've seen it all...but I would still ride a Duck just cause it's been so many years. 
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2010, 05:11:28 PM »
I would ride the duck if someone else purchased the tickets for my family.....Im cheap like that. Gotta save the bucks for those season passes ya know those dont come cheap in a set of 3
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2010, 03:18:37 AM »
you save 5.00 per ticket for the ducks if u have season passes.