Author Topic: Attendance 2014..  (Read 20555 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Attendence 2014..
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2014, 10:47:09 PM »
Had 8,000 today (sunday)......  report was 14500 yesterday,  so summer  is here...

Havent heard yet if it is up or down from last year....  or what the expectations were so far this year..

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2014, 02:52:49 PM »
Anyone have a guesstimate of how busy Wednesday the 15th (tomorrow)will be?  Not much of a July-August tripster because of the crowds, but wondering what a Wednesday in July that is forecast to be cool will look like?

We went once in July and needed a catwalk to get around the crowd, and don't want to repeat that experience.   ;D

Thanks in advance.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2014, 03:55:29 PM »
LOL..  wed is the 16th.......  today (the 15th) ;) numbers, at 3:00, there had been a little over 11,000 through gate....    I would think you could expect about the same tomorrow the 16th... ;)

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2014, 05:37:53 PM »
Thanks Sand!

Thanks for heads up about projected numbers and the date correction. 

I feel like Dwight off of the office when he thought the next day was Saturday when it was actually Friday.  I will run in the gate tomorrow late yelling "I'm here...I'm here".

Thanks again!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2014, 06:40:48 PM »
You bet!!,

Have a great time tomorrow... ended up with about 12,500 today!!   

ENJOY!!

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2014, 01:11:26 PM »
Does anybody have the attendance estimates from this weekend (July 19th and 20th)?

We went on the 16th and it was fairly crowded, I think I heard a citizen say they were around 12,000 at 2:00...Thunderation had a 30 minute wait on Wednesday.

We also went on Saturday. At 2:00 the place was packed. Since we went earlier in the week we just picked up the stuff we missed and headed out early to get home, It was just before 3:00 and there were tons of people just getting to the park. From the looks of things Saturday had to be a really big day for them.

Jay

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2014, 01:18:32 PM »
Just a reminder, we are getting into "guilt trip season"
What's a "guilt trip"?  It's where parents realize that school is quickly approaching and they haven't done squat with their kids all summer -- so as a last resort they throw everyone in the car and take them to the local park.  They are upset all day due to the long lines, "expensive prices", high heat, and the fact (this the parents) that they have to be there in the first place.  They don't think of anyone but themselves and are like bulls in a china shop trying to SEE EVERYTHING and are upset if they have to wait because THEY'RE ON VACATION **** IT! 

So just remember that when you go to the parks.  They will be busier and full of people who are ruder than normal... but just smile at them and think to yourself "it's almost harvest festival" -- a magical time when people who enjoy the park because the park is awesome reemerge and don't have to deal with the "tourists"
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:21:17 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2014, 02:37:17 PM »
Cowboy--  19th- over 22,000,    20th, a little over 12,000..

"Harvest Festival"?   Yea Baby!!!! ;D

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2014, 04:31:35 PM »
Just a reminder, we are getting into "guilt trip season"
What's a "guilt trip"?  It's where parents realize that school is quickly approaching and they haven't done squat with their kids all summer -- so as a last resort they throw everyone in the car and take them to the local park.  They are upset all day due to the long lines, "expensive prices", high heat, and the fact (this the parents) that they have to be there in the first place.  They don't think of anyone but themselves and are like bulls in a china shop trying to SEE EVERYTHING and are upset if they have to wait because THEY'RE ON VACATION **** IT! 

So just remember that when you go to the parks.  They will be busier and full of people who are ruder than normal... but just smile at them and think to yourself "it's almost harvest festival" -- a magical time when people who enjoy the park because the park is awesome reemerge and don't have to deal with the "tourists"

You're right, the park will get busier as the start of school approaches.  I don't think all these people are deadbeat parents who are on a "guilt trip", however.  When my sisters and I were still in school we went every August because that's when we all could go.  We planned it every year in advance.  I'm sure there are a lot of families that do that.  With softball, baseball, summer camps and sports camps, the 4th, etc. this is just the best time for many families to go.  I'm sure most of the parents are not angry they have to be there with their kids in the first place.  Most really enjoy it, but the bad apples always stand out more, don't they?  Well at least there's more revenue for the park we love to operate and expand.
Now that we are all grown up we go in June because it is a better time to go, then pick one other random time a year to head down.
I agree that it's dumb when people are surprised to find the park busy and get mad about it, however.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2014, 04:45:04 PM »
We're in the thick of camp season here at Cali.  I have band camp this week and next week in the morning.  Basketball Camp is this week immediately following my camp (noon).  Football Camp is at 5 tonight this week.  I have some poor boys who do all 3.  So they start off with weight lifting before band then go basically straight through the day.  We'll see how much they are dragging on Friday.

Oh and next week we have Softball and Volleyball Camp in the evenings.  Yay!  School!
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2014, 10:42:16 PM »
There were close to 26,000 clicks on Saturday -- but if you know anything about attendance (employees will understand what I am talking about when it comes to "counting" clicks), it was probably a lot more than that in the actual park.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2014, 01:36:55 AM »
I hadn't heard numbers from the weekend yet..  but it seemed like everytime I check FB, somebody I knew was at the city.  temps were good and the extended hours would have been good.

did anyone here do the midnite madness? get pics? tell us about on the review page...

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2014, 07:52:02 AM »
Does anyone know by chance the attendance from yesterday, August 7? Seemed pretty packed for a Thursday. I was a little disappointed in that.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2014, 10:34:43 AM »
We've been trying to cut down on posting attendance figures this year, sorry.

#1 it takes a special phone number and code to get them (which no one on here should have)
#2 that information is not for the GP to know (even though some employees still do it)
#3 the PTB are really cracking down on outsiders getting information like that
SWOOSH

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2014, 10:43:47 AM »
Seems a little bit like the KGB. Why are they so secretive?