Author Topic: Services, products you'd like to see at SDC  (Read 17059 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Services, products you'd like to see at SDC
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2014, 10:16:45 PM »
I would like the entrance/exit area to be redone so that there is better flow.  I have no idea how they can do it without basically go in and start over but something needs to be done there.

The stampede through the hospitality house after the first parade during OTC begged for that place being lifted clean.

They should buy a surplus Chinook to airlift folks from SOTH when traffic is backed up.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:17:49 PM by chittlins »

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2014, 01:56:58 AM »

They should buy a surplus Chinook to airlift folks from SOTH when traffic is backed up.
(From Chitlins)

I agree. Maybe a new zipline.    ;D ;D ;D

Darnnit. There goes my bad attempt at humor again.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2014, 06:40:09 AM »
Yes, removal of a few stop lights on 76 would be amazing. 
SWOOSH

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2014, 10:03:53 AM »
Some "smart signs" around Branson would be great. Letting people know what traffic conditions are and giving alternate routes. But there is a lot around Branson that I would change......

Something else I like that SF does that wouldn't be too hard to SDC to add would be the buy the refill cup, get free refills that day.

I would also love to see a hotel one day that is on property......or real close so you can walk back and forth. This would get rid of the HWY 76 headache, etc. Also, if they built it so that it could be accessed by all guest (it could serve as a nice break for people to relax and have a great sit down full service restaurant meal.) Maybe with Dollywood getting one, we'll see one soon.

Jay

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2014, 04:49:25 PM »
Or, perhaps, a treehouse...

Any excuse to reopen the treehouse = awesome idea
Make it a cell tower + full blown media center if you want to
I wouldn't mind that one bit if my beloved treehouse reopened...  ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2014, 06:21:23 PM »
I would also love to see a hotel one day that is on property......or real close so you can walk back and forth. This would get rid of the HWY 76 headache, etc. Also, if they built it so that it could be accessed by all guest (it could serve as a nice break for people to relax and have a great sit down full service restaurant meal.) Maybe with Dollywood getting one, we'll see one soon.

I have long wanted them to move all of their properties out to Indian Point.  They missed out on the chance to have a resort down there where the condos were built.  That would have been a perfect location -- and then move the Showboat Branson Belle's launch point out there AND then build a a completely new waterpark out there.  It would just make more sense to make Indian Point - SILVER DOLLAR CITY Point and just buy out everything out there and turn it into the ultimate resort.
SWOOSH

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2014, 08:32:13 PM »
well as someone mentioned Dollywood getting a hotel. I bet HFE will evaluate how that all works out.  If it goes well, I wouldnt be surprised to see SDC with a complete resort at some point.  Complete with an indoor waterpark. (Im sure an outdoor waterpark too).  I dont know where this resort would be, but it is a few years away, anyway.  I say an indoor park because then it could be a "year round attraction". And would be marketed as such.  If that ever happens, you might even see SDC open (or partially open) year round.
--That would depend on location of this "possible" resort.--but I do think we will see some form of Motel/Hotel/Resort/ETC in the fairly near future.
Tim

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2014, 10:50:29 PM »

I have long wanted them to move all of their properties out to Indian Point.  They missed out on the chance to have a resort down there where the condos were built.  That would have been a perfect location -- and then move the Showboat Branson Belle's launch point out there AND then build a a completely new waterpark out there.  It would just make more sense to make Indian Point - SILVER DOLLAR CITY Point and just buy out everything out there and turn it into the ultimate resort.

I respect your opinion and see why this could be a huge deal.  But personally, I would hate if Indian Point was bought out and turned into "SDC point". 

Very high risk/reward for sure though.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2014, 11:01:56 PM »
I'd like to keep SDC as low-tech as possible, but realize that I won't be getting my way in the future so I'll have to let it go.  For me it's both personal and also so SDC doesn't lose it's identity or niche.  But I suppose there have been updates before that didn't cause severe collapse.

As far as products go, keeping anything hand-crafted is a must.  I've also wondered why there isn't a different store that specializes in cowboy hats....like the leather shop, but instead of leather your typical "cowboy" style hat.  No, I don't mean the ugly ones the country music stars and wanna-be's are wearing today, or the cheap 3 dollar ones people buy to keep the sun out of their eyes that you can buy at the hospitality house....good, quality hats.  Handmade ones to boot.  Heck, BOOTS can be sold there too.  I dunno.  I guess I don't NEED it there, just surprised there isn't a prominent one there.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2014, 04:16:05 PM »
[quote author=Preachin_Bill link=topic=2833.msg54551#msg54551 date=139028051
As far as products go, keeping anything hand-crafted is a must.  I've also wondered why there isn't a different store that specializes in cowboy hats....like the leather shop, but instead of leather your typical "cowboy" style hat.  No, I don't mean the ugly ones the country music stars and wanna-be's are wearing today, or the cheap 3 dollar ones people buy to keep the sun out of their eyes that you can buy at the hospitality house....good, quality hats.  Handmade ones to boot.  Heck, BOOTS can be sold there too.  I dunno.  I guess I don't NEED it there, just surprised there isn't a prominent one there.
[/quote]

Bill. That sure would be nice, however I feel those days are "gone with the wind".  WHY??
Well the economy is bad. There are still some folks that will pay $hundreds for hats or boots, but most of the general public these days will only pay $hundreds for 2 things--FOOD, GAS/Fuel..

I also imagine HFE would not pay the demonstraters what they deserve, not to mention the actual cost of materials.  Im sure it is much more economically responsible for HFE to buy these low quality items (that is in the SDC shops today) and pay next to nothing for them. then mark them up (probably 150%-250%) and sell them at a ridiculous price to us.

OK that makes HFE right on PAR with every single company in the world today.  Of course we are promised these activities in Revelations/Daniel/others. It is a sign that brings smiles to me when I think of the "final" result. But it sure makes me angry when I think of TODAY only.
Tim

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2014, 04:22:01 PM »
[quote author=Preachin_Bill link=topic=2833.msg54551#msg54551 date=139028051

Bill. That sure would be nice, however I feel those days are "gone with the wind".  WHY??
Well the economy is bad. There are still some folks that will pay $hundreds for hats or boots, but most of the general public these days will only pay $hundreds for 2 things--FOOD, GAS/Fuel..

I also imagine HFE would not pay the demonstraters what they deserve, not to mention the actual cost of materials.  Im sure it is much more economically responsible for HFE to buy these low quality items (that is in the SDC shops today) and pay next to nothing for them. then mark them up (probably 150%-250%) and sell them at a ridiculous price to us.

OK that makes HFE right on PAR with every single company in the world today.  Of course we are promised these activities in Revelations/Daniel/others. It is a sign that brings smiles to me when I think of the "final" result. But it sure makes me angry when I think of TODAY only.
[/quote]

Yes I'm sure you are correct.  Just hypothetical wishful thinking, I suppose.  I don't expect to ever see it.  Wouldn't really matter in the scope of ticket sales anyway.  Just thought I'd throw it out there for something I'd like to see...but understand that I probably won't.
I suppose preserving the craftsman and hand-crafted shops they have now should be priority #1.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2014, 07:13:54 PM »

I respect your opinion and see why this could be a huge deal.  But personally, I would hate if Indian Point was bought out and turned into "SDC point". 

Very high risk/reward for sure though.

I respect your remark but am curious why you did not support it.
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2014, 08:30:03 PM »
I would also like to see lockers with plug ins for your phones ect.  I might not mind renting a locker for a dollar if I could plug my phone in and charge it up while waiting to ride.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2014, 08:34:50 PM »
As for the economy being bad, anyone been to Nashville TN lately? It truly is a regional thing.

Farmers back home haven't had it this good since the Carter admin.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:36:35 PM by chittlins »

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2014, 11:06:11 PM »
Swoosh,

For me it is a personal thing.  I love Indian Point and stay at a resort there every time I visit.  As great as I think SDC is, I worry that taking over all of Indian Point would be too...commercialized?  I guess is the word I'm looking for.

As hazardous as this is to say on an SDC board...the Branson Area is much more than just SDC.

I like the idea of a hotel or something, but the taking over of the entire point would be too extreme for me.

Now, would they do it?  As I said, it's huge risk and reward.  If it's a hit it could be a jackpot.  But if it misses...that could be REAL trouble for SDC with that large of an investment.