Author Topic: City closed today  (Read 8867 times)

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: City closed today
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 08:48:49 PM »
Maybe they'll put Tinker the talking Christmas Tree out front!

That would be awesome.  We loved Tinker.  I talked to SDC's General Manager about why Tinker left.  They just thought it was time for something new, so they sent Tinker to the "tree farm" and brought in Frosty.  I suppose next year we'll have something to do with Rudolph.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 09:07:48 PM »
No, Rudolph is for the parade. 
SWOOSH

Hollwood

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 06:00:30 AM »
So I had to look it up, and whoever can might want to split this topic because I have a feeling this will create some buzz... I present to you Tinker the Talking Christmas Tree!

This is Tinker at Dollywood the Christmas after He/She left Silver Dollar City (does anyone know the gender? Well, if there was any confusion there is none now...

This is Tinker at Wild Adventures in 2012, and according to their website HE will be returning this year! So there you have it, Tinker is alive and well and has become quite the grown up with that awesome mustache!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 06:24:29 AM »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I am now VERY thankful that during my employment I only had to dress like a crazy hillbilly! Those guys dressed like tall elves, well, all I can say is MERRY CHRISTMAS! I'm sure the talking Christmas tree show is a cute one for the kids.  :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2013, 06:47:51 AM »
I always laughed at tinkers stories/jokes..

I couldn't remember where he ended up, I knew it came up in conversation last year.

Thanks Hollywood for the pics and info.

On another note: COLD today in branson and appears to be 6-8 inches of snow...???? HMMM  city open today? no announcement yet>?? ???

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 07:01:39 AM »
YEP!! CLOSED TODAY (Friday).... posted on FB about 7 oclock....

"""For the safety of our employees and our guests, Silver Dollar City will not open today (Friday, December 6) due to the accumulation of ice and snow within the park and surrounding areas. Previously purchased tickets are valid for the remainder of the 2013 season. For more information or to request a refund, please contact our reservation center at 800-888-7277 tomorrow after 10am (CST) as it will be closed today. You may also purchase your 2014 season passes online.

The Showboat Branson Belle 4 pm cruise for today, (Friday, December 6) is still on at this time, but updates will be provided if a cancellation is necessary.""""

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 08:05:21 AM »
Tanger just announced they are not opening today.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 11:24:49 AM »
The front page of the website said the 4 pm cruise has been canceled.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 01:13:16 PM »
Conditions are not ideal for anything in the Ozarks except snow sking.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2013, 07:28:24 AM »
Nothing official yet.........  BUT Terry sanders posted early today that the city will be open today!  (SAT)..  would love to see the city covered with snow...  how cool would that be,,,

IF you go today, stay warm......... TAKE LOTS OF PICS!!!!!!...

;D ;D ;D ;D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2013, 09:27:54 AM »
OPEN today and tomorrow,  AND if I read promo correctly.....  only 30.00 per ticket..!!!...

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2013, 10:49:43 AM »
Snow in the CITY is beautiful....we were there in early May when it snowed. The Pickers said we brought it down from WI. with us.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2013, 12:49:29 PM »
Cheeseheads.!  that's funny, because paige and the rest oft he crew accused us of bringing with us.!!  LOL.. 

its nice to have someone to share the blame with..  ;)

stay warm and dry.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2013, 03:24:47 PM »
It was beautiful in March covered in snow. Of course the walkways was not covered just the trees. Made it one of the most memorable trips to SDC ever. Even though nothing was open. The view in snow was breathtaking. I will always remember that visit.

I can only imagine the entire place blanketed with snow and the Christmas lights shining/reflecting off the snow.  I almost wish I would have waited till this weekend to go.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2013, 03:36:43 PM »
I would love to make a fly down trip to see the city this weekend...  but with a chance of snow up here I cant leave the area. ((if it snow I have to clear parking lots for clients))

I am hoping someone from here gets pics,,,  maybe tinman or someone else........

I bet it looks great!!