Author Topic: White Water's 2009 Project  (Read 15927 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
White Water's 2009 Project
« on: July 07, 2008, 04:58:26 PM »
Will this be a good year for WW? If the rumors currently floating around mean anything, there's definitely something coming. I want to see another slide tower (without taking any of the others out) but I think it's more likely that they will push for something more obviously family friendly. As far as I know, the Cascades at Splash Country were a good hit, so maybe something like that is on the way. I wouldn't mind that, especially if it's themed up nicely, I just hope it's not all kiddy stuff.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: White Water's 2009 Project
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 05:12:28 PM »
I'm thinking more of the "bowl slides" like what they added over at DW this year
SWOOSH

Johnny Boy

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • ...What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 05:37:48 PM »
I'm sure they have something planned, but that area doesn't have too much more growing room, yet I couldn't stand to see anything go, except maybe Bermuda Triangle, I fell of my tube on that slide once!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 09:24:13 PM »
I think this is the last year for Bermuda Triangle
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 09:34:18 PM »
That's too bad, it's not like the Bermuda Triangle is a bad slide, and it's a little more aggressive than most slides - which I like. It doesn't even take up that much room: it slides around the ground (sometimes underground) and it's station is situated under the station of another slide. I guess a bowl slide could fit there though, which would be infinitely more popular and an attractive eye catcher from the parking lot.

I just wish they would/could actually expand the park. I haven't ever really felt much need to go there because it's nothing really special. I can get as good or better slides plenty of other places cheaper, and I always get bored pretty quick with the slides they have.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 09:58:45 PM »
It's not that its a bad slide, just that it takes up some prime real estate that could be used for more than just that one slide.

SWOOSH

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 11:27:40 PM »
I like the dark ride effect that the Bermuda Triangle offers. If they could replace that slide with another dark slide or two I could go for that.

I do know White Water will be concentrating more on its theme. The park will slowly be re-themed Hawaiian/Polynesian rather than random tropical. The start was with Kalani Towers last season and the new entrance for this season.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 11:55:52 PM »
^but there are so many better examples of "dark ride" slides out there -- ZOOMBabwe at Holiday World for example
SWOOSH

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 12:04:54 AM »
That is what I am saying, give WW a new dark slide.

Johnny Boy

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • ...What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 10:15:38 PM »
I've never ridden a ProBowl before,
but if Bermuda Triangle goes, a ProBowl would definitely be a large possibility.

OrdinaryFella

• WW Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 11:40:13 PM »
This is just rumor.  But I think you'll see BT as the next slide to be replaced.  Also, I read lots of talk about expansion and being land locked.  Most people don't realize, the land directly behind the parking lot is all available.  Don't be surprised to see some of the parking lot gobbled up by expansion in the future.

I love the dark slide idea, with colored lighting and music/audio inside... But, I'd also love to see a flow rider.... and I'd love to see us triple the length of, and widen the lazy river.  BUT, I also know the raintree is in dire need of a rebuild on many of it's play interactions.

sdcforever

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 12:11:30 AM »
^So many possibilities!  I'm really curious to see what they're planning for next year...it'll also be very interesting to see what the park looks like in five years.

mike_kelly87

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 12:10:00 AM »
Land locked?? How about this, if the land behind the lot is available, take it.. But what about all that land next door?? The Mexicain Restraunt and Hotel and the old Monster Truck track.. Lots of room for parking there.

I would like to see a tornado. Someone has a "dark disco" version of it maybe seaworld... Do something similar. They really need to do some serious concrete work on the lazy river and wave pool, it was pretty bad this year. So was the paint job.

I also say, bring back the dive in movies and concerts.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 10:39:24 PM »
I have said it before; I want CC to become White Water. Give the park a turn of the century boardwalk theme. Keep some of the rides, such as the Wildcat... theme the rides to fit the new theme... the big shot could have a diving horse theme... the lawn for the laser show could be an amazing wave pool...

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 10:46:28 PM »
Yeah, but the costs of doing such a thing would be enormous. They'd be much better off re-branding and re-theming White Water where it is - which I'm dying for them to do. It's kind of surprising that a chain so prized for it's originality, creativity, and immerse environments has such dull water parks. The boardwalk theme would be easy for them, not to mention a huge improvement. The park has potential as it is - it's crammed, but they still have the parking lot to move back and expand.

I guess they're not going to build anything new for 09' either. I'm sure they may have had a prosilde bowl planned as well, but it'll turn up in 2010 at least.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 10:48:51 PM by shavethewhales »