Author Topic: White Water's 2009 Project  (Read 15925 times)

cjfootball_89

• Hatfield
  • Proud SDC fan for almost two decades!
    • View Profile
Re: White Water's 2009 Project
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2009, 06:02:58 PM »
Good Idea  8)

sdcforever

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 07:52:41 AM »
With DW's Splash Country announcing Slick Rock Racer for 2010 I'm hoping that WW will announce something (anything!) for 2010.  WW needs something other than a new entry way to attract guests.

MSUBear42

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009, 09:51:51 PM »
I have said it before; I want CC to become White Water. Give the park a turn of the century boardwalk theme. Keep some of the rides, such as the Wildcat... theme the rides to fit the new theme... the big shot could have a diving horse theme... the lawn for the laser show could be an amazing wave pool...

That would be awesome, tons of room to expand. That's the biggest problem with WW...

They'd be able to make some nice change off the sale of WW's property, though, talk about prime real estate.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 10:05:41 PM »
They (WWB) are getting something that was left off from the waterpark that fell through for Stone Mountain.  No word yet on what it will be.

Count me in as one of those who'd love to see Celebration City become the new White Water -- shoot even keep the name Celebration City.  Lots of room to expand and they already have the basic needs covered with regards to retaurants and stuff -- and the Wildcat could definitely still fit into the park.  The terrain of the park would definitely work to their advantage as well.
SWOOSH

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2009, 10:44:09 AM »
WW needs much more than castoffs from other parks to make it more appealing.  It needs a major makeover.  We didn't bother to go there this summer because all of their slides are run of the mill 80's and 90's type attractions.  They need to start upgrading and catch up to the attractions that other waterparks are offering. WW is falling far behind.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2009, 11:55:41 AM »
Looking at WW on Satellite maps, it looks like there's a ton of room to expand into the parking lot, plus undeveloped land around the park. There's no real need to move the park unless they want to do something extraordinary like making it part of a larger resort. What the place needs is a Splash Island-type makeover, which I'm guessing is on the way. The chain is probably just worried about making another big investment on the Branson strip after CC. SOMETHING big has to happen in the next few years for the park to stay afloat though. I mean, at some point, someone else is going to come in and build a better water park.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2009, 12:36:14 AM »
I like my 1912 Coney Island themed White Water, the Wildcat, Giant Farris Wheel, Paradise Plunge could all stay. The launch tower ride could be themed as the diving horse with a fountain at its base, a giant wave pool on the laser/firework lawn. The Victorian entrance could stay along with the boardwalk. I think I mentioned all of this in an older thread.