Author Topic: Who wants to buy a theme park?  (Read 2649 times)

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Who wants to buy a theme park?
« on: May 28, 2013, 08:24:47 AM »
Reading the local news at my new home in New Hampshire:

http://www.newhampshirelakesandmountains.com/Articles-Coos-County-Democrat-c-2013-05-21-158025.113119-Negotiations-are-underway-for-Six-Gun-City-purchase.html

JEFFERSON — Six Gun City will not open for the summer over the upcoming Memorial Day weekend.

At least one intensely interested purchaser — and possibly a second — is pursuing buying the 50-acre Old West theme park on Route 2, just west of the Route 115 intersection.

A potential buyer has been doing due diligence since February.

No purchase and sales agreement has yet been signed, however, but that next step appears close, Brady explained.

Six Gun City is located on a 40-acre tract on the south side of Route 2, plus two 5-acre parking-lot parcels on the north side. Members of the Brady family expect to retain the 50-acre Fort Jefferson Campground, located on the south side of Route 2.

http://www.sixguncity.com/

I don't suppose there's any chance HFE is looking at this small but very popular regional park, eh?

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to buy a theme park?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 04:11:33 PM »
Remember, in Arkansas Dinosaur World at Eureka Springs near Beaver Lake is up for sale, only $200,000. Tanglewood Chapel property in Branson is for sale $330.000. The Great Passion Play found someone to operate it this year, we almost lost it over the winter. We will have to see how things go this year for it. Dogpatch is still rotting away...probably $300,000 would buy the whole thing. The Celebration City property still awaits redevelopment. You need deep pockets to operate any themed attraction. It is hard to do so in hard economic times.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 09:11:02 AM »
Better yet...don't even try...use the 300K, buy a nice place, and just go to the city every day! Less cost in running a park!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 10:30:39 AM »
RUBE!!!  I like the way u think!.. ;D