Author Topic: Baldknobber The Movie - Trailor  (Read 5690 times)

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
Baldknobber The Movie - Trailor
« on: March 13, 2013, 06:08:24 AM »
Saw this on 1Branson.com  What ya all think? I didnt know there was anything in the making, anyone have any info?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8wohGtW7bk
Live life like it's the last day!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Baldknobber The Movie - Trailor
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 08:07:03 AM »
Some sort of local production. I recognized Glen Braden, an old friend from my old days at SDC/Branson in one of the little scenes. Glen has played a Baldknobber, Wash Gibbs, and Old Matt at the Shepherd of the Hills play for many, many years now. I didn't recognize anyone else in the trailer, but my guess is that other cast members are other SDC, Shepherd of the Hills, and music show folk, plus some Missouri State and C of O students. It looks like it will be well done, for what it is. I'd watch it.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 05:58:48 PM »
I am really excited for this to come out. While I understand its not a blockbuster it should still be super good. I heart the bald knobber history. Will it be in the local theaters??
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 06:52:35 PM »
It looks interesting!  Trams is right - not a blockbuster, but I would pay to see it.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 08:15:02 AM »
You can read more about the movie in this free article from Branson Tri-Lakes News:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_a0cca0c0-98aa-11e2-849f-001a4bcf887a.html

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 09:22:05 AM »
Thanks for the article. About what I thought it was gonna be. Would be interested in seeing it. Hope they release on DVD and sell at a reasonable price in the Branson area.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 08:19:14 AM »

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 09:17:34 AM »
I like those kinds of locally made, low budget movies. My daughter (23) has gotten into that with her new friends in New Hampshire. She started out doing hair and makeup and helping with lighting. She got noticed for her work ethic and wound up with one credited role so far, and is scheduled for another, by a different producer. Plus, she's almost guaranteed a paying job doing makeup for summer stock theater.

Not bad for five months!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 11:12:51 AM »
Unfortunately, no.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 03:14:51 PM »
There is a "Baldknobber Trailer" thread here at SDCfans that you can view the trailer to this. I only saw one person in the viewing of the trailer that I remember from the old days in Branson...Glenn Braden...who has played Wash Gibbs and Old Matt at the Shepherd of the Hills. However, it appears many local residents are taking part in some capacity. Other than Glenn, I don't recognize any names associated with it. Probably a few SDC folk, Sh. of the Hills folk, and others such as people from College of the Ozarks, Missouri State/Springfield, and some of the music shows. Looks interesting, and I'd watch it if I could.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 09:38:40 PM »
Baldknobber & Ozark Movie thread topics merged!

mickbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 10:49:18 PM »
The whole Baldknobbers story is very interesting. I think Harold Bell Wright did it best, but there's always a new generation to learn our history, the good and the bad.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 09:53:49 AM »
Sheperd of the Hills has been made into a movie 4 times. I would love to see a fifth, especially since the show closed. The story needs some redemption after that travesty of a movie with John Wayne in it, I mean, I love the Duke, but whoever gutted the story and changed pretty much every premise in it outta be horse-whipped.