Author Topic: 2013 Trip Reviews...  (Read 127091 times)

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Trip Reviews...
« Reply #345 on: November 17, 2013, 10:01:55 PM »
Some water is essential for FITH braking system. But as biscuitcreek said, you don't get wet, just a few drips, small splash.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #346 on: November 17, 2013, 10:46:36 PM »
Good report biscuit!  Is the water on in FITH or is it dry right now for the season?

FITH has two different versions - "summer mode" and "normal mode"
Summer mode includes 2 water cannons that shoot water into the air as the train goes by
Normal mode just uses the water as a braking system
SWOOSH

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 19, 2013, 05:46:27 PM »
Good to hear.  Thanks all.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 22, 2013, 06:27:11 AM »
Here is what my brother said on his FB page....

Me and my wife went to silver dollar city Christmas yesterday, n branson. Very touching I must say, on the train ride they stop where the robbery usually happens and grandpa tells the story of the meaning of Christmas, brought tears to my eyes. The Christmas lights make that place so beautiful, we watched them light the huge Christmas tree, it flashes along with the Christmas music, very touching too. If  you have never been to silver dollar city at Christmas time, it's a must c. Ur children will lov it, and adults too. It runs thru the end of December I believe. The most beautiful thing I've ever seen at Christmas time I must say. There's so many memories I have of that place and that ranks right at the top, thank u for so many beautiful memories silver dollar city, ur the best amusement park n the world, n my opinion, stay true to ur values, and keep god first.
Live life like it's the last day!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 22, 2013, 08:03:09 AM »
Just verifies what we all know................... SDC is real special during OTC!!!!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 22, 2013, 08:43:41 AM »
Here is what my brother said on his FB page....

Me and my wife went to silver dollar city Christmas yesterday, n branson. Very touching I must say, on the train ride they stop where the robbery usually happens and grandpa tells the story of the meaning of Christmas, brought tears to my eyes. The Christmas lights make that place so beautiful, we watched them light the huge Christmas tree, it flashes along with the Christmas music, very touching too. If  you have never been to silver dollar city at Christmas time, it's a must c. Ur children will lov it, and adults too. It runs thru the end of December I believe. The most beautiful thing I've ever seen at Christmas time I must say. There's so many memories I have of that place and that ranks right at the top, thank u for so many beautiful memories silver dollar city, ur the best amusement park n the world, n my opinion, stay true to ur values, and keep god first.

Excellent review by a first timer!

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 22, 2013, 09:25:45 AM »
I have to say that I have conflicted feelings about SDC at Christmas. I'm not a huge fan of really cold weather. I love the crisp fall mornings in Branson, but by December its a little too cold for me. I'm old school. SDC used to close by the time it got dark outside, and it still seems strange to be there when there are not any leaves on the trees. But I love the lights, and the music and the shows. Don't really want to go on rides, cause I would freeze, but there's still no place I'd rather spend my time.

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 22, 2013, 10:15:05 AM »
Was to the City last Friday night, Saturday, Sunday and yesterday.....going today, tomorrow and Sunday.....can't get enough of the lights.....this has to keep us SDCified until May next year.Staying close to the Cabin and the PICKERS.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 22, 2013, 10:37:51 AM »
Was to the City last Friday night, Saturday, Sunday and yesterday.....going today, tomorrow and Sunday.....can't get enough of the lights.....this has to keep us SDCified until May next year.Staying close to the Cabin and the PICKERS.

Remember to leave room for new arrivals.  The problem with the Pickers is that no one leaves between sets, and that prevents others from seeing them. 

I tried to get in one night a couple years ago, and a guy actually blocked the door so I couldn't get in.  My niece was inside and told me about the door blocking - nearly knocked me down as I was halfway through the door.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 22, 2013, 12:06:27 PM »
Cheeseheads, sounds like u are enjoying yourself as usual..... 

Have a safe trip home, happy and uneventful holidays to you both..!!

see you next year!!

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 22, 2013, 09:46:17 PM »
Okie,   Its OK if you just dont like cold weather.  There are a whole big bunch of folks that just hate winter. Its OK. Really.  I "on the other hand" absolutely despise summertime HOT HOT.
By all means though, if the cold weather is really that hard on you, stay indoors, we do understand. Thats why we dont usually hit SDC (or Branson in general) during the summer. We hate heat. We usually go camping in the summer where we can stay close to water or inside the camper in the A/C.

Whatever you decide, (everyone) just please stay safe&healthy, and have fun.

BTW--we should be at the ol Homestay, Friday morning (after Thanksgiving). and will be in the city Fri & Sat
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 23, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
Thanks Sanddune......always have a good time in SDC and at Homestay....don't really want to go home, it's colder and snowier there.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 23, 2013, 01:29:46 PM »
Here is our quick review. Video #1 of 2 is processing as we type. I will post them when they are done.

Friday the 22nd. It was around 33 degrees, we had our coveralls on to stay warm. Got to the park around 3pm. Got a cinnamon roll with raisins & a hot cocoa right off the bat. Then decided to ride Thunderation. It was funny to see everyone bundled up with clothes on a rollercoaster. Then we just strolled thru the park towards FITH. The park was so empty, we were in awe how empty it was. We rode FITH all by ourselves!! That was a first.. Roamed around some more, OR - PK - & Wildfire were all shut down, but thats ok. It was getting close to lighting up the tree on the square, so we went in the Hospitality House & looked around. The tree lighting ceremony was fabulous! Kinda puts ya in the mood for the Holidays & makes ya think of family, friends, & past trips to SDC.
I wanted to film the lights as we went thru the park, so off we went.... It started to get real cold!! You could feel the cold thru the coveralls, & even with gloves on, my fingers started to get numb. So we watched the Parade of Lights & headed out. We were there till about 7pm. I dont see how people could walk around in jeans & a jacket. I would of been froze!! Anyways..

I have to admit, i think we couldnt of picked a better time to go. It may have been cold, but we were ready. Not many folks in the park, we never asked what the attendance was. But, it was calm, quiet, & relaxing. The wife got a little emotional during one stop, thinking about her deceased parents from years ago. We went in the church & said a prayer & we both felt better. Like Preachin_Bill said in another topic, SDC is just a special place that holds special memories for certain folks. And that is something you dont get out of alot of things these days. Thanks SDC! Another great memory i hope to repeat again soon, with family, friends, or even strangers around me. We even helped a elderly couple on electric scooters back to the front of the park to return their scooters. Because some people kept cutting them off. So we walked next to them so they could have more room. Life is good.... :)

1st video. Enjoy!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTGPkuaLwn8
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 02:13:17 PM by How-doFolks »
Live life like it's the last day!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 23, 2013, 03:42:22 PM »
how -do nice trip.. we have been before when sweatshirts, coveralls,gloves,stocking caps were not enough..!!  FUN aint it..!!!??

I think they should put air horns on the little scooters~ ::)

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 23, 2013, 06:56:26 PM »
Excellent review How-Do!  The Wilderness Church really is a great place to have a moment and a prayer.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.