Author Topic: Things you'd like to see at SDC in 2013  (Read 9739 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Things you'd like to see at SDC in 2013
« on: December 30, 2012, 04:50:13 PM »
I kind of hit on this in another topic but what would you like to see at SDC in 2013?  With Outlaw Run and the new area debuting if they didn't add/change anything else that would be just fine.  However, if they were to change anything I'd like to see the Mean Murphy show back at the saloon and for them to get rid of the basketballs.  ;D Thoughts?
I'm Your Huckleberry

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Things you'd like to see at SDC in 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 08:26:01 PM »
Well "Outlaw Run" sounds like fun fun fun.  Other than that, well maybe some little cars to drive. The youngins out there would have a blast drivin slow cars around a closed course.
---NO, I am not trying to turn SDC into another SFSL. But the old cars at SFSL are a huge hit. --- Also SFSL did something else in '12 that was a huge success. They offered a "DINING" tab on the season pass.  IE: for a said amount of $$$ a guest could add "dining" to their season pass, and that guest could eat 2 meals free, every day they was at the park.  It had to be meals however. Snacks or drinks were not included.

Of course SF passes are quite a bit different with passholder pic on them, and Im not sure the "meals only" is the best answer, but SDC could develop their own version of "free dining" with the passes. It may take a few years to perfect it, but I think it would be worthwhile.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 07:20:42 AM »
I would like to see some of the classics come back. Never going to happen but still. I dont remember a lot of them and would like to have the chance to ride them. Get rid of the dang BB. Lord what a rukus they make. More charecters  interacting with guests. Walkin the streets causing "mayhem" and a coupon for free hatfields tater patch bowl.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 10:53:31 AM »
I think they need to focus more on the old crafts that made SDC what it used to be . Do they even have a basket weaver any more?
I think they should move the pottery shop back into the square. More street shows etc.

I really don't want it to become more of an amusement park, and less of a theme park.
That said, I have to respectfully disagree with qwed94. I think that cars going around a track are out of theme, so I wouldn't go for that.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 12:16:16 PM »
No baskets are in the park. After my textile and mixed media courses in college I got into weaving and basketry. I am by no means the caliber needed for a park to churn out one after another amazing basket a-la- Donnie Ellison, but I have my skills. I sat and worked with Bob on a cold day helping him weave while he warmed his hands...does that mean I worked t the park??? I would love to demonstrate my skills someday. My work on my weaving will take a While longer before I am ready...but someday hopefully soon!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 07:49:03 PM »
Bring back the fajita skillet - that was great!!  And, YES, more interactive street shows and Mean Murphy!  Get rid of the basketballs - my greatest pet peeve!  Oh, and we need more "original" yummy frozen lemonade stands.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 10:38:21 PM »
Would like less ODV carts and more permanent structures for fast snack foods.  I really liked how the tater twists got a permanent structure this year -- more of that please
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
Would like less ODV carts and more permanent structures for fast snack foods.  I really liked how the tater twists got a permanent structure this year -- more of that please

Yep. Seems a couple are always closed no matter the foot traffic.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 03:34:35 PM »
Less Icee machines and another bathroom or 2 would be nice.
Also a little mroe Bluegrass platying on the in house system or " rocks"  It sets the mood.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 10:19:07 PM »
Too late for this year, but my friends and I thought it'd be cool if SDC someday has a Steampunk Weekend, complete with various artisans who specialize in steampunk creations, and the entertainment headliner being Steam Powered Giraffe, a wonderful group of people who have plenty of family-friendly material to work with to customize a show for playing at SDC.

I just love the idea of seeing people in steampunk walking around the park, riding rides, etc; awesome costumes all around on people having fun at an awesome park.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 11:03:52 PM »
Yeah no offense, but steampunk is like the last thing I want to see at SDC. 
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 04:51:12 AM »
I don't see why not, especially if it's just for a one-weekend deal. I mean, Wildfire is already pretty steampunkish, and the late 19th century setting of SDC works for it, too.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 06:43:58 AM »
This will not be popular, but how about another new Christmas show? If I ever see another rendition of A Christmas Carol in any shape or form it will be to soon. Am I the only one who is tired of Dickens.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 07:07:53 AM »
I don't see why not, especially if it's just for a one-weekend deal. I mean, Wildfire is already pretty steampunkish, and the late 19th century setting of SDC works for it, too.

Steampunk is too closely related with the accult to be viewed as acceptable in Branson, let alone SDC.  You can deny it all you want, but steampunk has been a very popular theme for haunts across the nation at different theme parks and while I am sure there are different levels of steampunk just like everything else out there... the main marketing group at SDC is not going to know that and the PTB are not going to alienate that group no matter what.

Am I the only one who is tired of Dickens.

Yes.
SWOOSH

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 09:21:39 AM »
While I love seeing the artistic-ness of steampunk I do not want to see it at SDC. Could it fit in GE? Sure why not? But should they place it in there, no. Swoosh is right about the haunted hose stuff and it being tied to the creeps. That is not what HFE stands for. I am thrilled they dont take that ball and run with it. No steampunk at SDC please. It doesnt belong there.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!