Author Topic: 1995 Branson Vacation Guide  (Read 4007 times)

adairmd

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
1995 Branson Vacation Guide
« on: September 09, 2012, 03:15:55 PM »
I visited a friend last weekend, and while I was there, I noticed a 1995 Branson Vacation Guide just sitting on their fireplace.  I wanted to take it.  It was neat to look through.  One of the things I noticed the most was, Mutton Hollow was still there.  It advertised the "New Branson Belle".  The hotel, Ben's Wishing Well, we stayed in when I was younger.  Next time I go over thee, I'm stealing it!!!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: 1995 Branson Vacation Guide
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 07:58:25 PM »
Is it odd to anyone else that a 17 yr old guide is just chilling in the family room?

By any chance was Toy Story or Die Hard With A Vengance in the theaters?, while Alanis Morissette was on the radio singing jagged little pill, while the Atlanta Braves won the pennant? If so...this is a worm hole, and you somehow changed the time space continuum and entered 1995!!!!

If not, well the guy just has an old Branson book lying around (the more plausible situation, but by no means the more entertaining...I would love to go have a talk with my 1995 self, that long haired rock star wanna be of a kid had a lot of learning to do-and a lot of missed opportnities!)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 08:04:35 PM by rubedugans »

adairmd

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 08:04:49 PM »
That's exactly what I was thinking, but it was cool to see it. Oh, and it had a $2.95 price on it.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 08:19:41 PM »
Yes Branson had alot going on that year, but oddly enough, SDc added NOTHING!

1994 Marvel Cave commemorates its 100 years of tourism. Five hot air balloons are flown inside the Cathedral Room of the cave to help celebrate.
Olde-Country Folk Festival turns into World Fest bringing the 1880s culture of other nations to Silver Dollar City.
The Opera House opens its doors with "Listen to the River", a full scale Broadway style production.
1995 NOTHING!!!!!
1996 The log Oak Trail Schoolhouse opens to guests with schoolmarm Bonnie Jean.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 10:07:35 PM »
I always keep my vacation guides. They sit on the kitchen counter until my mom asks if she can throw them away, I tell her I'll take care of it, then I hide them in my room.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 03:26:35 PM »
1994 - Listen to the river was Awesome. I had the show on audio cassette until I played it to death

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 08:47:45 PM »
Agree -- Listen to the River was a great show!