Author Topic: Are you ready for some football?  (Read 28727 times)

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
Are you ready for some football?
« on: September 01, 2012, 10:12:21 AM »
Doesn't look like KC will have an exciting season.  St. Louis might fare better.  Mizzou in the SEC...how do you think they'll do?  I predict 6-6.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Are you ready for some football?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 12:17:48 PM »
Arkansas begins play today. We went to the local HS football game last night, Pea Ridge over Elkins 49-7! Go Blackhawks!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 01:28:09 PM »
I said after Friday night's Cardinals game, that I was giving up on baseball for the year and switching to SEC football. Woo Pig!

Then the Cards had to go and tease me with a win on Saturday, so I'm still paying attention.

With Mizzou and the Aggies, the SEC is going to be very interesting this year.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 04:17:44 PM »
Razorbacks over Jackson State, 49-24. SEC game or did a junior college get in there and play the hogs?  ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 07:58:35 PM »
Razorbacks over Jackson State, 49-24. SEC game or did a junior college get in there and play the hogs?  ;)

Arkansas got in their own way a bunch and the D played about as vanilla as I've seen it in years. Allowed Jack St. have the slant all night and darn looked like it was on purpose.

It was 20 years ago on game day that the coach of Jack St. was coach at Arkansas and lost to the Citadel ( my Freshman year)and got booted the next morning. Attendance 20 years ago, mid 30s, yesterday around 71

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 08:12:54 AM »
Doesn't look like KC will have an exciting season.  St. Louis might fare better.  Mizzou in the SEC...how do you think they'll do?  I predict 6-6.

If you think that they'll only go 6-6, you sure don't follow Mizzou football or the SEC.
The EAST is Mizzou's to lose.
SWOOSH

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 09:41:14 PM »
Oh, I don't know, Swoosh.  Looking at MU's schedule, I see 3 pretty likely losses, a probable loss, and a couple of possible losses, along with 6 or so probable wins.  Anything can happen though; that's why they play the games.  They might get lucky and go 9-3, but I think the adjustment to a new conference will have at least some detrimental effect.  I think they will be competitive though, win or lose.  And I do think that the move to the SEC will help with recruitment of better HS prospects but that effect on the team's W-L record is still a couple of seasons off.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 09:56:48 PM »
Best guess on a season record is 8-4, but I can easily see a case for 7-5 or 9-3, too. Watch for Georgia; Sept. 29 ; and Nov. 10 at Tennessee...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 10:41:29 PM »
And I do think that the move to the SEC HAS helpED with recruitment of better HS prospects but that effect on the team's W-L record is HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.

ftfy
Apparently you missed the news that we have DGB and Matty Mauk along with Boehm.
SWOOSH

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 09:36:30 AM »

ftfy
Apparently you missed the news that we have DGB and Matty Mauk along with Boehm.

We do indeed.  Wouldn't you imagine though that the recruitment process for those guys began while still in the Big 12?

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 09:47:48 AM »
I still mad at Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska, and A&M for leaving the Big 12...guess college football really is all about the money...
Colorado SDC Fan

pintrader

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 10:49:37 AM »
Even with the good recruitment class Missouri had they still could not get into the top 30 recruiting class according to Rivals.  Joining the SEC should change all that and Missouri will start getting those players that Oklahoma, Nebraska and the others have been taking away.  I think the East is Georgia's to win or lose which is why today's game is so big for MU.  Not to mention the first SEC game for them!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 01:56:47 PM »
I still mad at Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska, and A&M for leaving the Big 12...guess college football really is all about the money...

AND that Josh is the main reason i dont watch college sports..more emphasis on money, less on education, AND the bad thing is it starts years before college does....

Just my opinion......

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 04:51:10 PM »
WOW!  Arkansas...even with their QB out for the 2nd half, the loss is surprising.  I was pulling for MU and impressed that they were still in the game after 3+ quarters, but ultimately, Georgia wore them down.

Today, KC's QB, Cassel, just does not impress.  At best, he's adequate.  The Rams had a W in their grasp but let it get away.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 11:16:59 PM »
I am a lifelong Razorbacks fan.

I say with no hesitation at all, that they deserved to lose that game and drop out of the top 25.

It was pathetic.

But hey, the Cards are still in the Wild Card, 1.5 games ahead of the Dodgers!