Author Topic: Fourth of July  (Read 11176 times)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Fourth of July
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 08:56:49 PM »
I was on SDC website and found that they will be having several side activities on the fourth. Also many discounts on food. 25 percent off skillet dinners (its only two dollars off but I will take it!!) at Buckshot Annies Hatfields tater Patch and the Lumbercamp and at Aunt Pollys it is buy one get one free ice cream cone. The soft frozen Taste Sensation (I am thinking the ICEE) will be 2.50. Which I think it should be 2.50 year round but that is my opinion, anyhow.......there were other deals also. I dont know yet if we will go. I am still trying to decide...
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 11:58:12 AM »
Also many discounts on food. 25 percent off skillet dinners (its only two dollars off but I will take it!!)
That sounds like a good deal to me. $6 is what the skillet should be all the time.  It tells me that they can actually sell this at 6 and make a profit.  Personally I think getting a skillet and a drink for $10 is not a unreasonable expectation.  The prices at SDC have reached Movie theater levels. They really need to drive them down a little.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 02:10:27 PM »

The prices at SDC have reached Movie theater levels. They really need to drive them down a little.

That's a good way to put it!  You are very right!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2012, 02:47:20 PM »
I would not mind paying 8$$ for the yummy yum yum bowls if they were good quality produce from local grown farmers and not discount veggies from who knows where.

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
So....
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 08:54:47 PM »
Did anybody go? How were the fireworks?

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 11:46:11 AM »
My daughter and son in law operated a fireworks tent for their preacher, who has a total of 8 tents scattered in the state. A burn ban was put in place in the county their tent was in...grand total of fireworks sold in 7 days: $45.00 Whoops!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 01:05:08 PM »
Junior. thats terrible!!. I know several people up here who sell and rely on fireworks sales to help them through the year...

I cant even imagine 45.00 in sales...

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 04:38:14 PM »
My daughter and son in law operated a fireworks tent for their preacher, who has a total of 8 tents scattered in the state. A burn ban was put in place in the county their tent was in...grand total of fireworks sold in 7 days: $45.00 Whoops!

It's a risk and I'm glad folks followed the burn bans. They needed 10 pumpers down here by Stonebeidge in Fayetteville cause someone was towing a truck with a logging chain and started fires all up and down a county road.

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 11:45:39 PM »
we started a field on fire! We did have hoses available and got it out before the Fire Dept got there. It was definitely the most memorable 4Th ever!
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: So....
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2012, 01:37:15 AM »
Did anybody go? How were the fireworks?

We were there, but we left before the fireworks began because Echo Hollow was full and people were being routed to the Grand Expo.  People were sitting on the ground and wandering around.  It looked like a big cluster to us, so we left and watched the Chateau display instead.

On our way to our preferred parking spot (we tried to plan ahead for the massive exodus after the fireworks), we walked by several people who were planning to watch from the planters in the parking lot.  People were waiting for the fireworks in several parking areas, as well. 

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 04:09:49 PM »
We left about 830 also due to the disaster around Echo Hollow. Had a pretty good view of the fireworks while in the pool at Compton Ridge. It was a good display. I really don't think we could have seen much more had we stayed in the park and it was much more relaxing to watch while in the water.  ;D After SDC's were over we turned around and saw some of Chateau's also. 
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2012, 04:41:23 PM »
That is exactally why I didnt want to go. The crowds that would converge. I dont mind crowds as long as they are not all stuffed into one spot. And hot. And tired from and long day at the city. And cranky.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2012, 04:56:55 PM »
here's an idea... let everybody sit in the cars or parking lots and set off the fireworks in the parking lot where they park the busses and campers... you could easily see it from reserved parking, and the 2 lots right there..

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2012, 08:12:23 PM »
here's an idea... let everybody sit in the cars or parking lots and set off the fireworks in the parking lot where they park the busses and campers... you could easily see it from reserved parking, and the 2 lots right there..

As good as we could see them from 2 hollers over I bet you could have seen them just fine from any of the upper lots, and probably the lower 2 as well.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2012, 02:03:02 PM »
[..
[/quote]

As good as we could see them from 2 hollers over I bet you could have seen them just fine from any of the upper lots, and probably the lower 2 as well.

/quote]

Larson, that's great.. BUT i do have a question for you.. I checked my map program, AND my neighbors GPS....I can't find the answer, so i want to know...... 

Just how far is a "holler"????? ??? ???

LOL!!!