Author Topic: Save Our Ticket Booths!!!!  (Read 34368 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: Save Our Ticket Booths!!!!
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2012, 08:35:59 PM »
While you are all awaiting Thunderation...try this one on for size...again thanks @betamike for the modeling...for as much as I am using you on this thread, I should make you sign a modeling release form!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2012, 08:43:18 PM »
Ten thumbs up!!!  :o :) ;D
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2012, 08:36:04 AM »
I'm not trying to stir up the old "Why did they ever close it" debate, I just wanted to highlight a nifty vintage Waterboggan shirt on eBay right now.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2012, 08:32:23 PM »
1987 at its finest!

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2012, 10:26:23 AM »
Love the shirt!  Sadly, with the exception of the one someone bought (that you then purchased from them), the late 80's was the last time SDC made any charming decisions with their shirt merchandising.  I think right after this we saw the neon and paint splattered designs that would have a longer shelf life...like the shirt version of a Twinkie.   Blech!
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

underdog

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2012, 10:43:31 AM »
So I live in Springfield and would like to buy a couple of the shirt designs. Where/When could this be made available to me? I could pick them up on my next trip to Branson.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2012, 06:39:51 PM »
I think right after this we saw the neon and paint splattered designs that would have a longer shelf life...like the shirt version of a Twinkie.   Blech!
I think the tie died stuff is really trashy.  I look in earnest for something that would be interesting to buy and there is a complete lack of
t-shirt and clothing that someone with a thimblefull of taste would wear........Hows that for a bad opinion! Really I dont understand why that is the case but the tye dye seems to rule the city.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2012, 06:59:29 PM »
The tie dye sells because it's in style this year everywhere.  I don't like it either.  SDC does have some nice, heavy hoodies and t-shirts, but I don't want anything with tie dye or glitter! LOL  I want the plain old fashioned logo w/o the sparks flying.

underdog

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2012, 02:45:27 AM »
The tie dye sells because it's in style this year everywhere.  I don't like it either.  SDC does have some nice, heavy hoodies and t-shirts, but I don't want anything with tie dye or glitter! LOL  I want the plain old fashioned logo w/o the sparks flying.

Since when did Tie Dye get popular again? This isn't the mid 90s.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2012, 09:41:52 AM »
LOL!!!!  I was going to say the same thing!  Also, the tie dye stuff started being purchased IN BULK at the City in the early 90's and has remained a constant ever since.  Maybe it is in style, I wouldn't know since I have an iota of taste, but I guess you could make the argument that if you hock enough bad stuff, it will eventually be in style at some point! 

In this category I might give the Merch folks at SDC an "E" for effort and an "I" for Imagination.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2012, 01:39:47 PM »
So I live in Springfield and would like to buy a couple of the shirt designs. Where/When could this be made available to me? I could pick them up on my next trip to Branson.

@underdog The shirts I have created: Sanitation Squad, Ozarkian Daredevilry, Wilson's Family Farms, and Tiny's Chair Repair were (for legal reasons) only designs, and for my personal use, I cannot as I understand it, sell these shirts. These are basic iron on type designs, that at some point would be great to sell or for SDC to carry...hint hint HFEC Contact Me!!!! I have so many more of these designs still to make! For now they are just for my/ our entertainment, so Enjoy. If I get the nod/ go ahead, believe me, I will let you guys know first.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2012, 06:21:08 PM »
Since when did Tie Dye get popular again? This isn't the mid 90s.

It came out of the closet again this year.  I teach school and kids from elementary to high school are into tie dye.  We were at the Farmer's Market this morning, and I think every other kid was wearing some sort of tie dye.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2012, 08:18:56 AM »
My new SDCFans shirt,

Thanks Shave for the picture..

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2012, 08:33:07 AM »
OK!!! that didnt work!! :o :o :o

try this!! ??? ???

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sanddunerider/

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2012, 09:14:24 AM »
Sanddune that look exactly like something you would wear.
Fits you to a " T "
How did you do that?