Author Topic: Save Our Ticket Booths!!!!  (Read 34326 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: Save Our Ticket Booths!!!!
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2012, 11:52:01 AM »
Well...it happened, and not the"it" that is a good thing. Somehow on my month out of town, my removable hard drive went missing (It is more than likely in Breckenridge CO at this point in the house we stayed in...but the shirts are gone. All that remains is the images on my photo account of the mock ups. I was so upset having lost the drive, I was going to make more iron-ons for my own use, but that apparently wasn't in the cards! I didn't mind the shool/ work information on the drive, or all the lessons I lost that were on there, I was upset about the SDC artwork, and scans that I lost! I usually back these things up, but right now I am running 2 different computers, 1 for artwork that has my photoshop license, one for work/school (I am a teacher so these are one in the same!). SO when I did the original files, in order to upload them, I transferred them to my drive, and that was the end of it for them!
BUT WAIT!!!
SO, I spent a few hours yesterday and remade 2 of the 4 I have created, and also went ahead and made 4 more while I was at it. I still have to remake the Wilson's Farm (one of my favorites from the old bunch), and the Tiny's shirt, but one of the new one's I made yesterday SOO made up for having to redo those others! What others would you all like to see?(ALL OF THEM IS NOT AN ANSWER!) Give me specific places/ locations and I'll see what I can do!

cjfootball_89

• Hatfield
  • Proud SDC fan for almost two decades!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2012, 02:31:28 AM »
A flooded mine one would be cool!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2012, 08:15:36 AM »
Yea it Would! I have a few I am going to try for FM but none of them are too great. When find the right one I will pass it along!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2012, 09:25:44 AM »
I think a carries candles or a beccas basket weaving or a similar store would be cool
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2012, 11:21:26 AM »
I had only thought of rides and restaurants...I can do a store too! That opens up a huge amount of possibilities!

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2012, 03:05:18 PM »
Hate to hear about the loss of the hard drive.  As a Graphic Design guy myself, I fear that loss more than anything.

Loved all your designs, and would love to see you recreate them again, but like a phoenix out of the ashes....many times loss produces even more creativity.  I love the idea of a shop themed t-shirt.   Think of the iconic shops that HAVEN'T been eroded into something chinzy over the years, they have as much personality as those iconic rides.

BUT...if you want my wish list for shirts, here they go (in no particular order)

- Carrie's Candles (something with those swirly candles or the dipping station?)
- Brown's Family Candy Factory (naturally)
- The American Plunge (done in a similar distressed style like the Disney Designerland site's bicentennial stuff?)
- Jim Owen Float Trip
- Mine and Mill restaurant (can you imagine part of the design is on the top and part on bottom...or front and then back)

Anyway, hope you resurrect your stuff.  Oh, and the thought of my "model" torso being somewhere in Boulder, Colorado is quite hilarious.

You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2012, 04:53:49 PM »
I have several GB cards because i have to submit artwork on them many times, and 2 separate Big drives-one is a TB(terabyte) and has everything on it. It is the one thing I would for sure save in a fire (it has all my SDC scans of ALL my items as well). I will add your requests to the list Beta!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2012, 06:39:21 PM »
How about the Mine Restaurant?  The hubs just requested the blacksmith shop followed by the knife maker.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2012, 10:57:00 PM »
Thanks Gilligan! A Blacksmith is in the works already, and I will add Knife maker to the list.

My mind is swirling with ideas! if only I hadn't gone to the Cardinals game tonight, and I didn;t start with students tomorrow! There is always evenings and weekends!

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2012, 08:44:11 AM »
I would like to see Grandfather's Mansion. Either Interior or Exterior.  :)
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2012, 09:12:21 AM »
I'm a political junkie...how about a "Re-elect Shad Heller, Mayor" shirt? That has a lot of meaning to it, if you think about it!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2012, 09:28:26 AM »
No I am voting Eatan Dolittle!  :P
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2012, 09:41:09 AM »
I'm a political junkie...how about a "Re-elect Shad Heller, Mayor" shirt? That has a lot of meaning to it, if you think about it!

YES!  Shad Heller - and - Grandfather's Mansion.  Good ideas!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2012, 10:04:01 PM »
I made 4 more today, some better than others...Once I finalize, I will share a few.
I have plenty in the works, or ideas scribbled down and thanks to all for any new ideas, my list is growing! Believe it ir not I have gotten some great ideas, or alterations to my existing designs because of you all! Any more you have I'd be glad to entertain.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2012, 10:31:53 AM »
I hate to hear about the hard drive. I also learned the hard way to save my most important documents, and pictures, and art designs in two different locations. One on my computer, and the other on a thumb drive just in case.

However, it is nice to hear that this has actually inspired you to improve on existing ideas, and to come up with new ones! I can’t wait to see what more you have coming down the line. ;D