Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 723734 times)

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #1740 on: January 06, 2013, 06:37:34 PM »
What is the bucket??

Years ago, they offered a plastic tub to hold the kettle corn.  It can be refilled for a lower price, but I am not sure on the details since I do not own a bucket myself.  My dad hauls that thing in every time he goes, and my parents nibble on it for a couple of weeks.  Kettle corn is not my favorite snack, but I have been known to sneak a handful or two from the bucket.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: January 06, 2013, 06:54:13 PM »
I don't like it...now I have no excuse to take a final lap before leaving to " get a bag of kettle corn"... They were selling it on the square , but I still went and bought it at the stand by the toy store. I guess I'll have to find another excuse to take one more lap then!
You can always use the excuse that you want to run through the fountains one more time or shoot the balls through the air guns...
Colorado SDC Fan

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: January 06, 2013, 07:12:39 PM »
I enjoy the mist. Its like your going towards the old splash harbor. Yeaaaa thats the stuff. Much more efficiant (sp), no lines.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: January 07, 2013, 09:54:15 AM »
I'm sad to see the broom maker go, but not surprised. When they brought him back, I made a point to buy a broom to be supportive. I try to buy a piece of pottery every year, and have started to get a blown-glass ornament for the Christmas tree each year. However, a house can only have so many brooms.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: January 12, 2013, 10:50:40 AM »
I'm sad to see the broom maker go, but not surprised. When they brought him back, I made a point to buy a broom to be supportive. I try to buy a piece of pottery every year, and have started to get a blown-glass ornament for the Christmas tree each year. However, a house can only have so many brooms.

They sealed the death of that broom maker sticking it where they did.  That was the spot they should have put the time share hockers, and then sealed it off! 
  Remove them from the old sign building and put something of use in there.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: January 12, 2013, 11:04:11 AM »
LOL!!! thats right MH~!!!!!  good idea.!!

Hollwood

« Reply #1746 on: January 12, 2013, 11:36:39 PM »
The trains arrived this week... well the first two cars of the first train anyways! Man these things are beautiful! the trains will use a fully-articulated lead axle, much like Wildfire. This will allow the trains to maneuver those crazy inversions smoothly!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:43:08 PM by Hollywood »

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: January 13, 2013, 11:12:27 AM »
I know I'm weird and maybe being a principal dealing with data all the time has something to do with that, but I noticed this thread is very close to having 100,000 views. That has to be a record. I'm sure we'll get there shortly. By the way, I can't wait to see a picture of the new cars for The Outlaw...

« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 11:13:36 AM by joshblakebran »
Colorado SDC Fan

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: January 13, 2013, 12:19:19 PM »
Josh, its funny you mentioned that.. I had just looked at the stat page and your right, this thread is the leader for replys and converstation,,,  will be neat to see the 100,000 mark,,, :o :o :o

AND while we have everyones attentions, i was checking the SDCFans facebook page and there are only 240 likes on there.. so if you do facebook and havent liked that page yet jump in there and do so, lets try to raise that number, after all we have over 700 members here,,

AND if you have not done so yet, "like" Homestay Inn, Branson also if you fell like it....

Maybe have your friends and other family member help too..?? :-\

mammalone

« Reply #1749 on: January 15, 2013, 03:35:33 PM »
Well folks, testing has begun! I hope someone can get in there and get some pics of those trains on the track. Although I'm sure they'll be releasing them soon. Can't wait...

Edited to add: Heard the first train just made it round the track for the first time. I was surprised to hear this as it's COLD here today. It's only 30 here now.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:41:10 PM by mammalone »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1750 on: January 15, 2013, 03:44:52 PM »
Very cool. I'll bet by now a lot of the plaza work is wrapping up as well. It's hard to believe how long we've been watching this thing be constructed. Seeing it finally operating will be surreal.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1751 on: January 15, 2013, 06:11:52 PM »
Heard the first train just made it round the track for the first time. I was surprised to hear this as it's COLD here today. It's only 30 here now.

From what I have heard, it has the same "temp cut off" as TNT
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: January 15, 2013, 06:59:56 PM »
Heard the first train just made it round the track for the first time. I was surprised to hear this as it's COLD here today. It's only 30 here now.

From what I have heard, it has the same "temp cut off" as TNT

Have you seen the  eurofighter layout for Alton Tower's SW7. I mention that cause I saw a video of Sonic Spinball taken in the snow.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: January 16, 2013, 08:50:05 AM »
It's hard to believe how long we've been watching this thing be constructed. Seeing it finally operating will be surreal.

I agree! It was last year during OTC (if not before?) that we were looking at survey flags along the train route. And here we are, a bit more than a year later, just waiting for opening day. Look how far we've come! :)
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: January 16, 2013, 09:42:19 AM »
Well we (fans,SDC,construction crews) were very lucky this last 12 months and had excellent weather for building the coaster. 

It would not have taken much, "bad winter", "wet spring", stormy summer and so on to delay the project..

I am sure that in the PTB eyes, they were hoping for complete construction to be in time for 2013. instead they were done around 3-4 months early.. ;D

AND THAT MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D