Author Topic: Where do you stay when you go to Branson?  (Read 32976 times)

Cardinal Fan

• View Profile
Re: Where do you stay when you go to Branson?
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2010, 06:53:14 PM »
We stay at either Green Gables Inn or Branson's Best...both are very clean and are in a great location. 

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2010, 10:15:24 PM »
Branson West - Lakeview Inn.
Had a HORRIBLE stay at Shady Oaks on the strip one time & that was it for us.
Live life like it's the last day!

bthomas

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2010, 10:37:13 PM »
Sometimes I think that I have stayed at almost every place in Branson.  It's kinda sad to see that that some of them are coming down.  I've have some fond memories of staying at Ben's Wishing Well many years ago. 

Anyway..I've stayed at Deer Run for convenience to the park during Anniversary Weekend.  Very basic, but also clean and convenient.  I usually stay at the Orange Blossom Inn on SOTH Expressway.  Also basic, but clean and close to the byways so getting around town is easy.  Greend Gables and Lynina Inn are also nice.  I tend to stay from the chains.  I like local flavor of the family owed motels when I visit.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2010, 07:17:52 AM »
bjthomas, glad to hear you try to stay away from chains when staying at motels/hotels. The family owned places are often better value for a good basic room. (Orange Blossom, Greenbrier, so on) Gotta admit, after staying at several motels owned/operated by recent immigrants to Branson and the USA, we splurged and spent a night at the Grand Palace Hotel. Had a balcony off the second floor room that overlooked the pool. Clean, nice, quiet, close to the action on Hwy 76. Well worth the extra bucks.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2010, 08:02:30 AM »
We stay at the Honeysuckle on the west end of town. Love the location. rates are competitive, rooms are always clean. nice parking, breakfast bar.  the help is always clean and professional AND they all speak fluent english.  ;)  I am also very tired of the immigrant owned/service at most of the motels in this country!  :)

littlefriend

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2010, 02:54:18 PM »
Twelve Oaks and Spining Wheel are our favorites.  They are always very clean!

maddilives4him

• Hatfield
  • Perserving the past!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2010, 07:06:29 PM »
During the fall, we stay at Deer Run motel and during summer we just started staying at The Village. The Village is VERY NICE!!!!!!!!
"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example to others in your speech, love, life, faithfulness, and purity."
                           - 1 Timothy 4:12

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2010, 01:33:29 AM »
We used to stay at the Settle Inn (looks like a castle) on Green Mountain Drive.  The rooms were always nice and clean.  Then we discovered Deer Run.  We stay there all the time now.  If all you are wanting to do is go to SDC.  You can't really beat Deer Run for its convenience and close proximity.

Twinsmom98

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2010, 06:26:01 AM »
We usually stay at Rosebud Inn.  Since we have been going to long we are given a discount.  I like the location because you have easy access to the 76 strip it is near the new side road that brings to the intersection by Wal Mart or you can go the other way and hit the intersection with Shepherd of the Expressway.  You have numerous roads to choose from and alot less traffic.

Breakfast is always good and the owners are from Kentucky.  Very nice people and staff and the rooms are always cleaned in a timely manner.

Kentucky Optimist

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2011, 01:15:32 PM »
I usually spend more time on this site absorbing info, and don't have much chance to contribute, but this is one topic I do have some experience on...  There were a few people in previous posts who mentioned the tribesman on indian point.  My family has been staying there since the 80's and we get back at least 1-2 times per year.  They are family owned, friendly, have a huge range of room types, are very close to SDC and their property is simply massive.  One of the things I like most is that they have mostly cabins or multi bedroom homes and they don't have any huge modern condos.  They are very close to the water and they have put an emphasis on building new units without disrupting the trees and wilderness.  If you are looking for a hotel room for two then you will likely get a better discount near the strip (I hear the eagle's lodge/homestay is good), but my family doesn't eat out much except in the park, so we were always looking for a place that was "home base" with a full kitchen and quite a few bedrooms for all the people.  Some of their buildings were built in the 70's & 80's (I'm guessing) as well as their newest units that were built within the last 5 years.  Even the older ones are clean, but the styling of some can be a bit dated.  They have a ton of family friendly events (campfires, many pools, trails, boats, fishing, game room, etc.) and are just a very short drive from SDC- us kids loved the fact that if someone in the group didn't want to stay at SDC (like a little one who needed a nap) the tribesman was close enough to run "home" drop a few people off and be back at SDC in no time flat.  We first stayed at tribesman on a whim- it was one of the first Ozark mt christmas'...we normally stayed at winged eagle but they were open seasonally at the time and Tribesman is open year-round. My family always wanted to stay somewhere that was close to SDC and the lake (we don't do any shows or even get on the strip) and this place fit the bill perfectly.  Their prices seem a little high at first, but keep in mind how many people can sleep in their buildings (we usually rented a three bedroom/two bath) and for our big group it was usually cheaper to rent a house then try to get three adjoining hotel rooms.  We've stayed other places- When we have our pets with us we stay at White Wing Resort (Tribesman is not pet friendly), WWR does a nice job, the owners are nice, but the grounds aren't as big as tribesman.  If you've never stayed on indian point and you are going to branson just to visit SCD, I strongly recommend the Tribesman, they've treated us well for many, many years.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 01:16:52 PM by Kentucky Optimist »
Finest Cuts of Meat & Pianos Tuned

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2011, 05:25:06 PM »
Tribesman Resort has been there for years...maybe going back to the 50s or 60s...but for sure there since the 70s. You're right, family owned, well maintained, and a large, expansive property. They bought property long ago when it was still affordable. Glad your stays are nice for all.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

MagnoliaWhisper

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2011, 12:43:11 AM »
I won't name the place, but we have only had ONE bad experience with lodging in Branson. We stayed at some cabins close to SDC (not right next but close) it was a place I normally wouldn't stay cause the location wasn't my favorite (there's better closer places to SDC). But, we stayed there cause my mom was staying at a place close to that one. She was going to be camping in a trailer, but I was pregnant and we didn't have a trailer, and I didn't feel like sleeping on the ground at 8 months pregnant. So we stayed in these one cabins and it was awful. The cabins them selves were ok, but the owners not so much. I have a big feeling if we had been a ALL white family it may of been ok, but because we are inter-racial with many different ethnic adopted children I have a feeling that was the owners problem (the only experience like this I have ever had in branson, and I've been going there nearly 40 years!). As soon as I checked in, when my husband came in the owner let out a large sigh and said this is why we shouldn't allow pay in advance! (we always pay for our whole stay in advance - usually a year in advance so I don't have to worry about the cost later on). Then they said my husband couldn't be in the pool (although other people were allowed......). Then they would come in our room while we were gone and take every thing out of the fridge and freezer and leave it on the table! And say it was because they cleaned the fridge/freezer for us......um, then why not put our stuff back, so it didn't rot? Came back to food that had been left out all day, ice cream melted every where, all kinds of just craziness! I won't name the cabin place, but we won't go back there again! Other then that that has been our one and only bad stay!

We used to a loooooooooong time ago (like the 80's) stayed at Melody Inn, it was cheap, and they let us tie our dogs up to the trees in the back!

The first year I went with my husband we stayed at Susanne's or something like that, over by the outlets. It had a great breakfast, and was only like 35 dollars a night!

Other then that we usually stay at the Wilderness, or Barvarian Village. Love both of them. Barvarian Village will usually give you a good discount if staying there for long and you talk to them. The owners are extra nice, and we always get along well with them. I have a VERY large family. And they are real nice about it. And always very helpful, etc. One night my dd threw up during the night, and I can't remember why we wouldn't wait till morning, but for some reason we couldn't. I hated to do it, but I sent my husband up to the office and we asked them for extra bedding to change the sheets from such and they weren't upset or nothing. Even though we had to wake them up for that and it was really really late. They always have pretty good deals for us as well which always helps.

I have always wanted to stay at the cabins at the Wilderness just haven't had the money or the op, (the year we stayed at the bad cabins I had actually wanted to stay at the SDC cabins, but they were booked or something, can't remember, but UHG!) Then another year I wanted to stay at the SDC cabins they over booked, and didn't have the price ones I wanted left, and they were going to give me the one up grade from that for the same price as the cheaper ones! But, something happened that year where we didn't have to money to do it in the end, so ended up camping there instead. UHG, just never has worked out for us yet! But, some day, we will! Even if it's just for a anniversary gift for me and hubby. However, if we ever win the lottery that will be our place! lol haha

Mainly Bavarian Village doesn't give a lot of extras, but they are cheap and the people are nice, and they are on the lake! And being almost directly behind SDC helps a ton as well!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2011, 07:10:26 AM »
Bavarian Village has always been economical and close, I have stayed there several times during the years. If I were to bring several people and decided to cook and eat in, I would no doubt stay there again.

With only 2 or 3 of us at this point, and the fact that we do shows in branson, The Homestay Inn makes us a great deal!

MagnoliaWhisper

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2011, 05:40:53 PM »
yeah if I had a smaller family and only staying a day or two in town may be better. Staying longer like a week the Village is good. We've even just stayed there with a few of us the "motel" rooms as they call them are also really cheap, but if you are going to branson for shows and what not a lot then not as good a place, it's mainly a good place if you want on the lake and easy access for SDC and cheap, and like you said to be able to eat in.

One thing I wanted to add, I know I said the owners were nice, but I mean they are just so extra nice. When we stayed in the "motel" rooms they don't have ovens, and the owner noticed we had 2 kids, and so he told my husband while we were there if we needed a oven to come up to the office and he and his wife would let us use the oven in their home! I couldn't believe it. I knew that trip I wasn't going to cook anything in a oven though, I was preggers again, and with other littles I wasn't going to do it. lol But, I thought how sweet. The owner almost every day (my husband would go up to the office for little somethings usually, towels, fresh bedding etc) would have really nice conversations with my husband as well. Talking about what we had done on the vacation thus far, any good restaurants that we had found, etc. And well it just meant a lot to us, to have such cheery and nice owners. That's what I miss about a lot of branson that used to be there once, and is slowly not being so, as much as it once was.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2011, 09:08:59 PM »
I love Indian Point . That is where every summer of my life has been spent for nearly 30 years. We began staying at White Wing Resort in the very early 80's. It is down Indian Point about 2-3 miles from SDC. Not to far, as I have walked to SDC before on several occasions. It is in a great location on the lake,out of the traffic towards the end of Table Rock. The family that runs the place is amazing. For a lakefront resort, it does not get much more relaxing than this. Again, I am a bit partial since other than my childhood home, this is the other place that I have spent more time growing up than anywhere. I remember my first taste of SDC, catching my first fish, pulling my front tooth (and the following night pulling the other!) and even being a part of the growth there by appearing in their brochures one season.
http://whitewingresortbranson.com/