Author Topic: Where do you stay when you go to Branson?  (Read 32975 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you stay when you go to Branson?
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2012, 09:56:13 AM »
We finally have our own condo, but before that our "go-to" was Tribesman Resort on Indian Point.  Before Vickery's Resort was torn down and they went "condo" we stayed there. In fact, we stayed there on our honeymoon years ago.  :)  I love the old, dated (but squeaky clean) lake resorts.  When I was growing up, my grandparents had a home on a five acre lake lot a couple coves over from Indian Point. Being the "favorite" grandchild, I spent many summers on the lake with my grandparents.  Coming to Branson is like "coming home" to me.  Why our family, let them sell it outside the family is beyond me! What I wouldn't give to have that back!!  I still make the hubs boat into that cove so I can look at the boat dock (which is still there but in poor condition) and up the hill at the house. Sigh...

underdog

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2012, 11:19:05 AM »
We've stayed in the past at...

-Econo Lodge (decent)
-Melody Lane (subpar)
-Residence Inn (very nice - great breakfast)
-Days Inn (decent)
-Howard Johnson (very nice)
-Best Western Music City (good rooms - cramped breakfast area)
-Barrington Inn (decent)
-Grand Country Inn (overpriced for what you get)

Wow Swoosh, you sure like to go to Branson a lot. Do you live in Missouri? Is there any place that's decently priced that has a really great hotel bar and indoor pool?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2012, 12:44:38 PM »

Is there any place that's decently priced that has a really great hotel bar and indoor pool?
/quote]

Yea right!!, :o :o

Guess the answer would depend on your meaning of  "decently priced" is... ???

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2012, 07:00:32 PM »
Well we are here!! Staying at Compton ridge, been here a couple days and thought post out thoughts about the place since we have not stayed here since the Simms have owned it. Well I honestly don't think we will be back! Only thing we have to look forward to is silver dollar city this afternoon and all day tomorrow!!!

Really? Would you mind to elaborate? As you know we've been going there since the Sims owned it too, and still love it. There was a bit of a rough patch for about a year with the first new owner, but I think these people are doing it justice. Clean, friendly, family oriented. I'm kind of surprised to hear you say you were disappointed. 
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2012, 09:16:58 AM »
We have stayed at the Twelve Oaks for several years. Clean and cheap. We are looking at the Carriage House now because of the indoor pool (we mostly visit in the fall & at Christmas).