Author Topic: Where do you stay when you go to Branson?  (Read 32977 times)

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you stay when you go to Branson?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 10:43:56 PM »
I should not be doing this because our family loves staying here and if to many people know of it............... Indian Point. Hunters Friend.  They have some great condos.  Three bedrooms(king size beds) kitchen, dinning, deck, BBQ, hot tub, TVs in every room, washer dryer.  Do not have to deal with SDC traffic at the start of the day or the end of the day.  Five min TOPS. Season passes can be in the park eating breakfast in 15 from leaving the condo. Use back roads to move around Branson can be downtown in 15 min.  Can get to Green Mountain Drive in 10 min.  Can get to the I-Max in 10 min.  Marina is 3 minutes from the Condo.  Walk down to the lake at night or in the morning.  Swimming pool.  When we go we have my wife, son, son in law, daughter, grand kids(two).  In the summer it is a little pricey but they also have fall and spring deals.  Our family is full of chefs and restaurant people so we can cook better than most of the restaurants in town.  Four miles to Branson West and the market.  Owners are great people.  Great views from the deck.  We always end up staying up all night one night listen to the lake and throwing back a few cold ones.  Last visit a thunderstorm rolled in about 3 A.M. what great sounds echoing in the hills and across the lake.

Love to stay at Still Waters with the kids.
Tree House Condos with the wife.
Grand Victorian nice rooms on 76

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2009, 10:05:06 PM »
I'm in Branson right now surfing from Deer Run. I'm glad they got wireless, I wasn't expecting it.

Overall Deer Run is still pretty nice and a good deal, but there is one little problem with the people it attracts. There's a large group of people crowding the center balcony area with lawn chairs laughing and whooping it up as loud as they can. Can't hear them from my room though.
Also, my door doesn't seem to have a proper lock.  :(

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2009, 10:41:47 PM »
We stayed at Deer Run years ago and found it to infested with brown recluse spiders.  Never returned.

(Hope you read this when you get back - it could keep some people up at night.)
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2009, 12:55:09 AM »
I stayed at Deer Run, oh, I think it was 2007, in March. So if there were any spiders, they must've been hibernating or dead (that was the year we were having record lows long into March/April), 'cause I didn't see any.

Wouldn't mind staying there again, but of course now that I'm living in Springfield, I'll probably not be having to spend the night in Branson anymore (except for occasions when all my girlfriends come down for a girls weekend and we get a cabin for us all).

Joy

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2009, 07:45:21 PM »
We stayed at Deer Run twice last December.  We really liked it for the location.  We were able to walk by those in line for their tram to their parked car straight to our bus to the motel.  It was like "front of the line" for trams!  One evening, my husband and I even left my daughter with my MIL so we could spend the last hour of park time just walking through the park.  This is after we'd been in the park for hours earlier.  We hopped a SDC bus at L parking lot and were at the gate in a jiffy.  We nearly had the park to ourselves.  We just strolled along with our hot chocolates.  (This is probably why the park won't be open until 11:00 on Saturdays this year.)  We booked the two-bedroom suite for one stay last year.  It has a full size fridge that we loaded up with drinks and a few snacks.  We made hot chocolate in the room, too.

We will stay there again this November in a two-bedroom suite.  It's not the fanciest place in Branson, but I love the transportation perks for the price.  We really don't spend very long in the motel room whenever we visit Branson.

I didn't notice any creepy critters of any kind, but as a pp said, we've only stayed here in the winter. 

We've also stayed at:

The Dutton Inn (not bad with coupon, but no pool)
Whispering Hills (great breakfast and cobbler and ice cream at night--free; outdoor pool only)
Angel Inn (indoor pool and hot tub)
Southern Oaks (indoor pool and hot tub)
Green Mountain Inn (ok for the price)
Camped at Compton Ridge
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 07:55:46 PM by StaceySue »

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 06:04:55 PM »
Has anyone stayed at the Stonewall Court Inn?   I am heading to SDC next week and thought this place had a lot of history and character.

http://www.stonewallcourtinn.com/
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2009, 09:18:30 PM »
I have stayed there...   It was nice but we only stayed one night because they were having sewer problems and it was backing up in our bath tub.  We then moved to the Branson Motor Court.   We have stayed there a lot.   http://www.bransonmotorcourt.com
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2009, 11:49:24 AM »
No sewer problems and the antiquated charm of the place was good for the one night we spent there.  Off to SDC today!!!
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

kerrydale

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2009, 02:38:27 PM »
We stay there (Stonewall) almost every time we visit Branson.  It's inexpensive and I love the location.  You can walk to Branson Landing and there's a grocery store right across the street for all your late-night snack needs.  I think they're only open seasonally, however.

The rooms aren't huge, but you can sit outside in the evenings under the huge shade trees in front of the house and by the pool and just enjoy the Ozark air.  When our extended family all goes together each July, we stay here and have a great time.

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2009, 07:01:03 PM »
Howdy fellow SDCers!  I'm planning a Christmas trip this year for my entire family.  Where can a person obtain accommodations for around 11 people?  I have found places with 3 bedrooms but that is about it.  We are needing 5 bedrooms...probably get by with 4 but would rather have 5.  Are there any in existence?  Thanks for your help!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2009, 07:29:09 PM »
Rent a cabin!  ;D
SWOOSH

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2009, 08:24:32 PM »
OK....any suggestions where to start?  I usually just stay at a motel so I'm not "in the know" as far as these things go.  Any help is appreciated!

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2009, 04:34:45 PM »
the Notch nightly rentals have 4 bedroom townhouses, the down stairs is actually 2 separt lockout apartments., and it can handle the number of people that you are talking about. It is only a mile down 76 from SDC and a really nice place. call 417-338-2000.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2010, 07:27:46 AM »
Just an FYI.   On Priceline.com they have rooms at the Ramada Limited for $39.20 per night.  I stayed there last year and they had been renovated and had new beds and flat screen tvs, and a heated pool.   
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Twinsmom98

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2010, 03:24:34 PM »
We have been staying at the Rosebud Inn for a number of years.  It is off the strip but you have easy access to the malls and Shepherd of the Hills expressway.

The rooms are always clean and the breakfast is good too.