Author Topic: BAF Tickets  (Read 7799 times)

prenger745

• View Profile
BAF Tickets
« on: September 02, 2011, 10:25:49 AM »
I am taking my family of 4 to SDC on September 15th.  I have not bought tickets yet but am seeing some on ebay that are the BAF tickets.  The seller claims that you are technically supposed to be with a Season Pass Holder as you enter but also claims that they have never seen that to be the case.

Would I be taking a big gamble buying these tickets?  They are pretty much the only way that makes it affordable for us.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: BAF Tickets
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 11:13:49 AM »
I believe the consensus here is that we don't really like the idea of people selling them. A lot of times you can get those of us that can't use them to give them to you.

I've never heard of them turning anyone away, but the expense might be unneeded if we can help

prenger745

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 11:22:56 AM »
Well I certainly don't expect something for nothing.  I am basically looking for 4 tickets to SDC on Thursday, September 15th.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 03:18:15 PM »
I have seen BAF posted for sale on ebay. I would not personally buy any of them. Not quite in the spirit of what SDC is about to me.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 03:25:40 PM »
with today's technology i wouldn't trust them. just my oppion.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 03:58:36 PM »
If you are having a hard time and can save a little money ........ 

I was in Pigeon Forge last month and bought Dollywood and Wonder Works tickets at a garage sale, they were from employees of each, saved me a bundle and God bless those minimum wage employees that work in these places.  Selling the tickets the boss gave you for friends????....OMG!!...   Sounds like a cash bonus to me !!  Sometimes times are tight, do not judge.

I don't have a problem with it.

Save money on your tickets just buy some food to make up for it :)  And DONT take more than 1 ( ONE ) Piece of sample taffy while in the shop :)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 04:22:19 PM »
They had me take an extra piece once..... of wildfire :o

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 06:48:36 PM »
I was just wondering has anyone tried to use the coupons in the SDC times for the tickets without a season pass or if you did use them did they ask for your SDC pass

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 08:14:39 PM »
I was just wondering has anyone tried to use the coupons in the SDC times for the tickets without a season pass or if you did use them did they ask for your SDC pass

Yes they did.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

prenger745

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 12:21:21 PM »
I just wanted to come back and thank everyone that replied and helped.  We just got back from SDC and our kids had a BLAST.  The weather was a little cool but was no match for my sons.  My 9 year old rode the roller coasters 13 or 14 times.  Wildfire is his favorite with Powder Keg coming in a close second.  In fact, here is a video of one of his rides:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmo-EmyhvDw

He is the boy in the blue jacket with shorts on.  I think his expression says it all!  (Don't worry, where it appears he is going to be sick he is just coughing (the ragweed is killing us)).

A big thanks to everyone on this forum!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 12:52:09 PM »
I’m glad to hear that you, and your family had a great trip prenger745!

If you have time, or are willing, make a stop at the Trip Review thread, and tell us all about your trip.  ;D

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 03:21:59 PM »
does anyone have just one BAF one day ticket that I could bum off you??? A new member named Harp just generously donated 2 tickets to the cause......which I really really really appriciate.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 03:46:01 PM »
trams,  what date r u looking for? ???

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 08:01:16 PM »
The next set doesn't start until Dec. 1
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 08:34:49 PM »
thats what i though too larson, but i have not pulled them out to check yet.