Author Topic: Refillable Mugs  (Read 28731 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Refillable Mugs
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2011, 02:34:58 PM »
At yard sales this weekend, I passed on four SDC saloon glass mugs with a train etched on them. If I purchased everything that had a SDC logo on it at yard sales I've been to, I'd fill up a room with old novelty items. Got no room for it. I gave some of my stuff away to Rube...sent it to him unsolicited in the mail. I believe in clearing my shelves, the small collection of items found a new, happy home! But, if Rube had to "purge" his collection, too, I'd completely understand if he gave the stuff to another collector or simply auctioned it on ebay. Eventually, it would find a happy home. That's what it's all about.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2011, 04:10:52 PM »
OHH NOO SIR!!! Those are  a few of my favorite items and they are staying put now! I do have many items, but only a few are repeats.Yes they fill the better part of a room, And YES I will repay Junior with his unsolicited donations with my own work that is still coming along! If I come across something at a sale that I do not have, or that I just cnnot pass up because of price etc, I pick them up, and pass them along to others as well.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2011, 07:49:26 PM »
Oh come on, how many of us would really sell, or give away our Silver Dollar City collections? A Silver Dollar City version of eBay amongst us die hard fans would never work. :D

True enuf, and if we did start an auction our reserve would be so high it would never sell!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2011, 11:06:19 PM »
Yard sale today: Big SDC mug from 2007 featuring the big swing and grand exposition on it, price: 50 cents. Check out those yard sales, people, my wife and I have found four mugs like this just this spring and summer!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2011, 11:40:57 PM »
Nice catch Junior! Yard sales may be the ticket since eBay seems to be so hit, and miss.

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2011, 10:18:42 AM »
I have got to pay more attention to garage sales!  Calling my grandma this afternoon to inform her of her mission.  I hate paying for mugs at the park but we do occassionally lose them and need to replace, plus with the kids getting bigger its harder to share.

Funny story this weekend... we have two of the little kids fest cups (they used to have color changing straws) we got several years ago, went to get a refill and the lady asked me how much fills were for that size (they are quite small) and I told her I thought 50 cents.  She thanked me and said, "I'm really sorry but all 50 cent cups are 75 cents this year".  I wasn't upset, took my drinks and went on, then I thought about it...how many 50 cent cups are still in circulation in the park?  And did the price of soda really go up?  At home I measured and the cups are 8oz, still not irritated at the girl, but the next day we just put a couple extra sodas in the cooler and filled the kids cups with that instead of paying 75 cents for the fill on their "special" cups. Thats my rant...I am sure by the next trip I will be over it and pay the 75 cents anyway...
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2011, 10:24:24 AM »
IF you have any old mugs that were .50.    .75     or even 1.00.  the park attendents are instructed to abide by  original refill price. I have old mugs from buzzsaw falls and wildfire, they are 1.00/.   I do however remind them of the old price.  Never been questioned or denied..   not much of a savings, but HEY!!  5 or 6 refills through the day pays for a funnel cake or some kettle korn!!!

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2011, 08:23:36 AM »
You guys must have very old mugs all the ones I have that at least go back five years all give the refill price but also say price is subject to change

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2011, 09:57:45 AM »
We have four of the old 50cent mugs. I was told as long as the refill price was not faded out, they would honor them. HAnd wash, people. Dishwasher will fade them out.

I'll say this, since the park has started selling the 20oz bottles, some contraband comes in the wife's bag in a slushy state ;D

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2011, 11:47:23 AM »
I'll say this, since the park has started selling the 20oz bottles, some contraband comes in the wife's bag in a slushy state ;D

As long as it's not moonshine it should be just fine! ;)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2011, 12:21:18 PM »
no worries there ozark....  moonshine wont freeze. therefore wont get slushy.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2011, 03:05:37 PM »
As long as it is made right...looks like water too! A bit more of a kick though, so don't go gulping!If you do, you're libel to take off as fast as that there powderkeg ride!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2011, 04:27:00 PM »
ok guys..  obviously we know way too much about this....................
As long as it is made right...looks like water too! A bit more of a kick though, so don't go gulping!If you do, you're libel to take off as fast as that there powderkeg ride!
no worries there ozark....  moonshine wont freeze. therefore wont get slushy.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2011, 08:15:44 PM »
I've got 3 kinds of corn whiskey (moonshine) in my cabinet alone!

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2011, 09:24:12 AM »
**Deep Breath**
Ok guys, I have something to confess to you. My family will be heading to Dollywood this weekend. We haven't been there in a while, and thought we would do something new this summer. We went to SDC in March, and plan to go back this fall and of course Christmas; so we have not abandoned SDC by a long shot!
Why I am saying all of this in the "Refillable Mugs" thread is because I am curious (to all those DW fans) if the SDC refillable mugs are accepted at Dollywood. I am assuming not, but just thought I would ask. We of course know we will get a discount on admission with our SDC passes.
You have a great past just ahead of you.