Author Topic: Crowd Levels this Spring  (Read 5353 times)

Sweet T

• View Profile
Crowd Levels this Spring
« on: March 29, 2011, 09:39:55 AM »
My husband and I are traveling to SDC in May.  We're completely open on the dates and day of week and are looking at sometime during the last two weeks of May - before Memorial Day (and before schools let out). We want the very lowest crowds but were concerned that the BBQ/Bluegrass festival would bring in huge crowds.  We're very flexible on our week and days (are Sun-Wed typically the slowest?) so any input from experienced SDC travelers would be appreciated!!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Crowd Levels this Spring
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:51:22 AM »
welcome sweet t.    As a rule sunday is for sure a little lighter attendence, during bluegrass weekdays are a lot "slower".  With school still in session, you will not have vacationers yet.. I would also suggest the first week because it is earlier in the month also.  ( unless of course there is a specific event or entertainer you want to see).   

In case you are looking for a motel, as a member of SDCFans, You can get a nice room at a very reasonable rate of 40.00 per night. Just mention you sre going to Silver Dollar City!
Call Paige @ 417-336-2666
www.eagleslodgebranson.com

have a great trip, and make sure you let us know how it went.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 09:56:02 AM »

Dont forget Sandduneriders tip on the discount ticket place.
They have a GREAT deal for the Bleu Olive for lunch or dinner.

http://allaccessbranson.com/index.cfm

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 10:35:22 AM »
One of the lowest crowd times I've seen on a weekday at SDC was a Wednesday before Memorial Day. I'd highly recommend it.

Sweet T

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 11:27:24 AM »
Thanks for the feedback!  I haven't been there since '79, so I figured things may have changed a bit.   :)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 11:44:37 AM »
Wow!  79,?  yep you will see lots of changes then. Of course if you cruise through the different forums, couple of the guys have lots of pictures posted.That will help you some of the surprises!

Make sure you check out the GAC show at echo hollow after the park closes, it is free and is a good show, lasts 2 hours!

mh, thanks for checking access site.  I have had good luck with them

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 11:50:25 AM »
Our favorite day to go is always Sundays.  By mid afternoons on sunday it is slowing down because all of the weekenders are heading out of town.   It always makes for a nice afternoon.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 02:05:34 PM »
true enough, we go down about once a month, always hit SDC on either sunday morning EARLY for a couple of hours. OR late sunday afternoon, then again monday early till noon or so.  Couple of times a year we get tuesdays off and hit the city then too.  WE dont do sat except maybe once or twice a year.
Planning on doing bluegrass 15-16-17, hoping for low traffic that monday/tuesday

cocodane3

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 06:12:09 PM »
I am aware this is not durring the trip time but lazt year The fourth of july was dead.mostlybecause of the chace of rainonce people realized it wasnt going to rain the park got busy around three o clock so they could comeback the next day free

Sweet T

• View Profile
Crowd Levels Sep or Oct
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 04:20:32 PM »
Well, we missed our Spring trip.  Now we're going end of Sep or 1st week of Oct.  Still looking for low crowds.  Anyone have an idea on crowds this time of year?  If any particular day is better for low crowds, please let me know.  We can go Wed-Sun any day.  Basically, if it's going to be super busy, we may put this off until next Spring.  Thanks!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 04:50:52 PM »
With the park being closed now on mon-tues..  AND with fall festival going full blast i would expect weekends to be pretty busy now through the end of the year.

With the options of all week, I would think wed-thurs would be great days,, maybe friday. 

There will still be some people there, but with school in session this eliminates the "family" factor.

Have a great time, and dont wait until spring..  The Fall festival is one of the best festivals in my opinion.. Christmas festival is great also!

Dont forget if you are going to stay overnite, "we" get a great deal on motel at Homestay Inn.   417-336-2666

Sweet T

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 03:38:59 PM »
Thanks for your input!  We're aiming for next Wed and Thur!  Perfect weather forecase and the Harvest Festival.   Unfortunately, Christmas time isn't an option as we'll be camping.  :)   Cannot wait as I've not been to SDC since 1979!  My father was friends with the ride designer so we went a lot back in the late 70's - but I'm sure so much has changed!  Thanks again.