Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden dead!  (Read 9493 times)

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
Osama Bin Laden dead!
« on: May 01, 2011, 11:22:45 PM »
having been killed in a strike by US forces in Pakistan.  The streets of Silver Dollar City are safer after today.  Congrats and good work to all who had a part in the efforts to bring Bin Laden to justice.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
Re: Osama Bin Laden dead!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 05:11:30 AM »
bye-bye now....

What was ya all doing on 9-11? I was working at a bodyshop near KCI airport, ya should'a seen all the airplanes flyin' around waitin' to land! For only being 46 yrs of age, it was the most crazyist day of my Life. After 2 weeks of numbness watching all the coverage, i finally had to stop watching it all & move on.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:22:00 AM by How-doFolks »
Live life like it's the last day!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 05:46:00 AM »
hopefully it is true...  AND if it is true, it is WAAAAYYYYY overdue!

enuf sed!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 08:09:09 AM »
My guess is Osama didn't get the 70 virgins or whatever it is supposed to be when he got to the gate, instead, St. Peter quickly pushed the down button on the elevator, and he found himself wedged in a cell alongside Hitler, Saddam, and Stalin. Happy trails, Osama! Eternity is a bitch! :D
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 08:14:38 AM »
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituatries with great pleasure"
Mark Twain

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 09:44:11 AM »
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I guess it was time for the Devil to call Bin Laden home!

They buried him at sea and they should have thrown him in a 20 foot hole in the middle of nowhere and filled it in with manure!

God bless the military of the Red, White and Blue!
Andymeets1880s

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 11:00:49 AM »
I dont know the exact meaning.....  But the burial at sea is supposed to be 100% AGAINST his re;igion..??  dont know?  Maybe virgins cant swim?>    LOL..

enuf sed!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 03:19:32 PM »
What was ya all doing on 9-11? I was working at a bodyshop near KCI airport, ya should'a seen all the airplanes flyin' around waitin' to land! For only being 46 yrs of age, it was the most crazyist day of my Life. After 2 weeks of numbness watching all the coverage, i finally had to stop watching it all & move on.

I was teaching fourth graders.  I had just taken the class to PE, when a parent came into the office and made us turn on the TV.  Unbelievable.  When I picked up the class to return to the room, I had to pause in the hallway and say a little prayer.  I was flashing back to April 19, 1995, when I was teaching another group of youngsters (second graders), just 4 1/2 miles from the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City.  I know a little of how the people felt near the WTC, because I helped my students deal with emotions as some of them attended multiple memorials for victims of Timothy McVeigh.

In fact (shameless plug), you can read a fictionalized account of my experience in one of my books.
Just PM me for the link to my website if you're interested.

I stayed up late, last night, to watch the news-heads going crazy waiting for the president to finally show up to make his speech.  I can't say I can be happy about a man meeting such a fate, especially without having his spiritual house in order.  I'd rather folks see the error of their ways and make adjustments in their lives, but I realize this is a rare occasion in the 21st Century, and I fully understand that probably wasn't going to happen in this extreme case.  Hell is certainly part of the Good News of Christianity, but I am happy to allow God to be the judge.  Just think - the same God who judges Usama will judge me, too.

I'm not sure the world is any safer, but the U.S.A. certainly scored a symbolic victory.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 04:57:42 PM »
On 9/11 I was at work as a news reporter for a local radio station. When I heard about the first plane hitting the WTC, I thought it could have just been a pilot that made an error. I remember an account from decades ago when a pilot accidentally hit the Empire State Building in a heavy fog. Later, when I heard about the second plane, I thought, ohhhh, something is seriously wrong here. One of the flight attendants on the plane that went down in Pennsylvania was from our town in east Arkansas. We interviewed her dad live on the air...a memorable moment. Later that evening, many churches in our town held special services as people tried to make sense of what had happened. I went to three or four services, covering them for the news. Many people say they remember where they were when JFK died...in my life there was the two space shuttle disasters, 9/11, Princess Diana's death, Gulf Wars I and II, and Saddam's capture and later trial and death. Now Osama's death can be added to the list. What I am concerned about regarding Osama is the "retaliation" strikes that are bound to happen. In my Bible study, I've discovered that God does not want anyone to kill anyone else. All these extremists are so bent on furthing whatever cause it is they push that they are willing to take everyone out...including people of their own faith. Makes no sense. However, "wars and rumors of war..." and other events are all birthing signs as to what the future holds. That's why it is important to get your head and heart right with the man upstairs. My response initially on this thread above is my red white and blue American good ole boy coming out. I remember in the old Seargent York movie, York's commander asked him why it was he did what he did...York replied he took out some lives to save many more. I'm sure that's what our military probably did with Osama, and also as retaliation for 9/11 and all the crap that has happened since then. Think about what Osama did...take out two American embassies, the WTC, ordered many strikes around the world, sparked conflicts in Afganistan and Iraq. Whew! That is a lot of trouble. On the happy end, what happened with government protests and revolts in Egypt and many other middle eastern countries is probably a good thing.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 07:19:26 PM »
I dont know the exact meaning.....  But the burial at sea is supposed to be 100% AGAINST his re;igion..??  dont know?  Maybe virgins cant swim?>    LOL..

enuf sed!

I heard that could be done as a last resort as long as it was within 24 hours. I really don't give a flying &^%$ what they did with him. Let him sit and rot in the cargo hold for a couple of weeks for all I care. Why do we constantly have to have tolerance for everyone else's beliefs when they fly planes into buildings for ours.

Stepping off soapbox now...
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 07:30:37 PM »
here, let me borrow the soapbox..

some of you may not like this statement< so i will apoligize in advance if this offends you.

I think we should have taken his dead body, put him in an airtight clear coffin and put him on public display! After all, isnt that the way they treat their captives/prisoners..

ok, Step down from soapbox.   

Next person?

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 08:08:19 PM »
I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 08:10:44 PM »
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituatries with great pleasure"
Mark Twain

Thanks Rube,,,,,,, I love M.T.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 09:15:42 PM »
Great quotes, rd.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 02:06:42 AM »
Why do we constantly have to have tolerance for everyone else's beliefs when they fly planes into buildings for ours.

Because the people who flew the planes were a vocal minority of a HUGE religion that for the majority is just as docile as the majority of Christianity.

Saying we shouldn't respect the beliefs of a Muslim because of what the terrorists who claim to be representing the Muslim faith do, is like saying we shouldn't respect the beliefs of a Christian because of what the Westboro Baptist Church, who claim to be representing the Christian faith, does.

If a true Christian and a true Muslim were to meet each other, they could easily be the best of friends. The only major difference between modern Islam and modern Christianity is that Islam believes Jesus was just a prophet while Christianity believes he was the son of God. So why is it we can get along just fine with people of the Jewish faith but not those of the Muslim faith?

It is the intolerance of religion that has led to so much strife and war in history. If we were to be more understanding and respectful of people and their beliefs, we wouldn't have so much horror going on.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:09:31 AM by tinaalsgirl »