Author Topic: SDC's 2009/10 Project  (Read 273372 times)

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2009/10 Project
« Reply #690 on: February 15, 2010, 02:48:46 PM »
They are adding robots with lasers.

Yes, robot sharks with frickin' lasers on their heads.  Muwahahahaha

I was just about to post the same thing. :D

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #691 on: February 15, 2010, 05:05:59 PM »
^Agreed.  Especially since that is where preface to the story is told.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 16, 2010, 02:39:13 AM »
I thought after all these years the would finally fix the hole????

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 16, 2010, 12:18:25 PM »
Well, we can rule out that GCI coaster (at least the one portrayed in those pics they've been posting). They revealed today that those layout pics are for something they're building in China.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #694 on: February 16, 2010, 06:05:59 PM »
I thought after all these years the would finally fix the hole????

Or put out the fire???
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 18, 2010, 08:52:45 AM »
Yes how many fire trucks have been through and none of us has helped put out the fire. 

As long as we are on failure, is the mine going to be saved, or flood?
What about the Bolins?  Maybe the sheriff should stop greeting everyone and get out there and do something about them.  How many trains have they delayed? 

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 18, 2010, 10:44:43 AM »
Walt Disney said that if any of the Pirates were to escape Pirates of the Caribbean, chaos would ensue. I think if the fire went out in Fire in the Hole the same would happen.

Fury Fire Chief

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • You've got a great past ahead of you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 18, 2010, 03:49:19 PM »
Just like, how many years does it take for one man to get out of a burning hotel?

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 18, 2010, 10:17:10 PM »
OK...just to set the record straight.

Shave- about winding the cue line around inside because it would make sense?  When have we ever done anything that made sense?

About the sharks...lasers were found to be detrimentally subject to the wet conditions.  So, instead they are going to be fire-breathing sharks...in keeping with the theme.

About the hole...they do fill it in every night after the park closes...but the Dugan boys, who are still around BTW, sneak in there in the early morning hours and dig it back out.  It seems that they now believe the silver is buried in that mountain behind the town rather than in Lake Silver.

About the fire...that's on you guys.  Sure, you're quick to volunteer...but all you do is ride around gawking at the fire instead of doing anything about it.

Flooded mine?...they gave up on that years ago.  It's just populated by convicts and dummies and who cares about them anyway?  Oh, BTW, if you didn't know, the guards there were the first to institute the waterboarding technique for interrogation.

Why haven't the Bolins been caught yet?  Three reasons really...1) the sheriff doesn't mind them too much because they don't really reek all that much havoc, sometimes the passengers even laugh at them...2) he wants to keep getting the healthy payoffs their "mother" gives him...and 3) they provide a valuable service...they keep that moose off of the tracks.  And they do a good job of it too....I haven't seen him around there in a long time...have you?

As for Fred Flanders getting out of the burning hotel...how far would you get with your wife constantly nagging at you to get back in there and get your pants on?  After all...what's more important for your well-being?  Getting out of a burning building or keeping your wife/girlfriend happy?

Hope that all helps.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

sdcforever

« Reply #699 on: February 19, 2010, 06:32:46 AM »

About the fire...that's on you guys.  Sure, you're quick to volunteer...but all you do is ride around gawking at the fire instead of doing anything about it.

Word. 8)  We are pretty lazy for a group of volunteers.  In all my years volunteering, only once have I been proactive in passing buckets of water along to put out the fire! :D

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 19, 2010, 10:45:14 AM »
What wit! Oh, I get a good chuckle from this thread! (As for this Dugan boy, I thought the reason why they've cleared a space at the back of the lake is so the diving bell operation could resume activities. All we gotta do is get that old sub that's stuck in the mud outta there, clean it up, find a few more "volunteers" and we're ready to go treasure hunting again.-any takers?!?) ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #701 on: February 19, 2010, 01:38:46 PM »
And we've got water: http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?page=3&aid=174746&id=7656242602

It looks great the way the trough sits a little below water level so it's more like a pond than I thought it would be. They've painted all the wood to look faded and more realistic, but it looks a little color-less overall. I assume when they add the targets it'll liven things up.

sdcforever

« Reply #702 on: February 19, 2010, 02:52:08 PM »
^It looks good!  I'm sure there'll be more color added to the attraction.  I expected it to look more like a pond, so I'm glad it meets those expectations! :)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 19, 2010, 03:57:33 PM »
It looks sososososo much better than Dollywood's ride. They really took it to heart when the fans complained about how cartoony DW's ride looks.

I love SDC.

Joy

Fury Fire Chief

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • You've got a great past ahead of you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 19, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »
Dollywood's was suppose to look cartoonish.  It's called different themes.