Author Topic: SDC's 2009/10 Project  (Read 274130 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2009/10 Project
« Reply #720 on: March 01, 2010, 08:17:25 AM »
When on a multi-day stay in Branson, we always do a wet day, and a dry day (sometimes we do a ride day, and a non-ride day where we just walk around!) More than likely we will have a wet day for this ride+ log flume +lost river+ FITH (though not really a water ride I like throwing that in whenever possible!)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #721 on: March 01, 2010, 08:28:29 AM »
Every day is now a dry day..........if you pay $5 for the dryer.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 01, 2010, 09:30:17 AM »
Holy cow! 5 bucks for the dryer?? I'm definitely bringing a poncho. Do you think they will operate the ride during the harvest festival?

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 01, 2010, 11:17:04 AM »
The American Plunge and the Lost river are open during that time so I am sure the River Battle will be also.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 01, 2010, 11:45:36 AM »
Do you think they'll accept this?

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 01, 2010, 12:48:09 PM »
What are these dryers?  Why would they even put them in?

And even though is says all ages, is the River Battle good for little ones?
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #726 on: March 01, 2010, 01:00:27 PM »
http://www.haystack-dryers.com/about.php

The dryers can actually be themed somewhat, so they probably won't stick out too much. People apparently line up for them, so it's supply and demand I guess. They don't actually work that well though, I've heard. I wonder if they'll put some outside AP too, now that they've got all that space.

That reminds me, what are they doing with the old Apple Butter store area? Seems like they'd take the opportunity to redevelop the path back there - it was always a little awkward for first time guests to figure out how to get to Wildfire.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 01, 2010, 01:18:53 PM »
They are "haystack dryers" I believe much like the ones used at DW which are very popular in Europe. NOw if it dried shoes, I'd be in!
Takes a few minutes, but warm air circulates, and poof you are dry-er from what I understand

www.haystack-dryers.com

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #728 on: March 01, 2010, 04:39:12 PM »
↑↑ Apple Butter store is now up near the Homestead - I think where the basket shop was.
SWOOSH

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 01, 2010, 07:32:39 PM »
I like the dryer idea, it gives guests more options than simply leaving them soaked and of course you need to charge a fee to keep the thing operating. I also like that they attempt to theme them, which has always been one of my favorite things about SDC how they try to hide the modern. (I do agree that in some areas they need to try harder, registers...) I took a tour of this ride the other day and it looks amazing, just wished they would have incorporated the balloon chase, but over all great job!

The wheelchair lift blends in well with the fort, you can see some reflection from it far left.

This ride is about small details!!!

The ride will accommodate about 500 to 600 people an hour, but when you think of the attraction as a whole, it will entertain much more than that.

kerrydale

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 01, 2010, 07:58:48 PM »
Great pics...they make the anticipation build even more!

I saw on SDC's Facebook page in one of the discussion threads that the balloons will be coming back someday.

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 02, 2010, 07:49:10 AM »
That does look neat. 
And glad to see that the balloons will make an appearance again.  But what about the carousel?  When and where will it be? 

"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 02, 2010, 08:31:43 AM »
Judging from the RiverBlast photos that Copper posted, it appears there was some sort of employee or media day at the park, to preview the new attraction. Any details that you can provide us with, Copper?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 02, 2010, 11:20:26 AM »
This was an Attractions Team Leadership tour and they basically walked us around the whole attraction and pointed out interesting things along the way and of course I took plenty of pictures. When I first heard about this ride I was disappointed, but now that I see it I am happy with the product. This ride allows any age to ride, so little ones will have a major attraction on the west side of the park. Also the lengths they went to make this ride ADA (Wheelchair and disabled) accessible are great too. The balloons have been promised several times to return and I am sure a carousel will make its way back in the park one day. The Carousel Barn has been retrofitted to coincide with Tom & Huck, the place looks good!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 11:36:30 AM by Copper »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #734 on: March 02, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »
Any update on what's left of the landing? I expected something to come out of that, but it sounds more and more like they're just boarding it up.