Author Topic: Top Ten Ways to Overdo it on Opening Day!  (Read 4058 times)

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
Top Ten Ways to Overdo it on Opening Day!
« on: March 17, 2011, 09:02:47 AM »

Well, we finally made it! With all of this trouble, fighting and chaos in the world, I think SDC's opening was pretty good timing considering all that's going on now. But some of us can overdo it. I hope none of us fall under the following!

10. You're 42 years old, excited and giddy for the opening of SDC! 20 minutes into being at SDC, you're taken in by the SDC "authorities" for mowing down little kids in a mad dash to FITH! "Outta my way, runt!!!"

9. Ok...gotta have a great big breakfast. But then it's funnel cake for brunch, funnel cake for lunch, funnel cake for a light snack, funnel cake for a quick bite....etc, etc.

8. You promise yourself you wont overdo it like you did last opening day! No, no...you're not going to ride Flooded Mine 93 times! You'll ride it, oh....maybe.....91 times! But Hey!...you're doin' better!

7. You do your best track star impression going from ride to ride. Spouse is coating you in Ben-Gay tonight before bed!

6. You have the whole day planned out. You are with family in front of a huge homemade map of SDC. You bark chronological orders of what to ride, when to ride, what to see, when to see it like you are going into battle!

5. You wear swim clothing under your clothes KNOWING, by the time this day ends, you'll look like a drowned cat after the many trips down the AP!

4. Make sure everything is packed for the trip to SDC! Let's see....cooler, check. Money, check. Baby wipes, check. Oxygen tanks, check.

3. You're so overcome with emotion during opening ceremonies. Your family looks at you in bewilderment as you have your head turned away from them. They ask you if you're ok. You say *sniff* "Fine, fine...." then wring out hankie like it's a sopped washcloth!

2. No more sniffing other hot asphalt from other places! Finally! The real thing! You hit your knees and deeply inhale the REAL, honest to goodness SDC asphalt!

And the number one way to overdo it on Opening Day......
Well....this is a good overdoing it.... you well up with an overwhelming feeling of the peace and aura that you have waited for for so long. It's capped by a few moments in the Wilderness Chapel being thankful for where you are and that you're not in Japan, Libya or Bahrain.

Amen to that, folks!
Andymeets1880s

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Top Ten Ways to Overdo it on Opening Day!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 09:44:40 AM »
Amen to #1! Thanks for making us all smile Andy!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 05:57:12 PM »
Amen andy!

Thanks for the 1st official top ten of the season!

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 07:15:13 PM »
You're quite welcome, haytater!

Sanddunerider, I dont know. First at bat of the season. Whaddya think? Maybe 1-3 with a single. Not an overwhelming Top Ten to begin the season. But steady and consistant.  :D ;)

Geez.....got a long season ahead. Hope I can keep up the top tens! Gets kinda hard after you feel you've hit about every subject and circumstance. But, I'll keep swinging!
Andymeets1880s

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 08:20:30 PM »
great list andy!
Live life like it's the last day!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 09:59:38 PM »
11. Make another Top 10 list
SWOOSH

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 04:15:31 AM »
Amen andy!

Thanks for the 1st official top ten of the season!

And the best we'll see all season. Might as well lock the Top Ten theme right now, Andy has won.

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 11:10:58 AM »
Wow....thanks for the great feedback! Hmm...maybe I went 2-3 with a triple.  ;) :D
Andymeets1880s

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 03:16:09 PM »
you sit in homeade SDC period clothing playing your homeade SDCmonopoly while singing very loudly the tune to fire in the hole!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 07:39:33 AM »
You park in the parking lot and ride the tram in..... then you dont get off and then ride back to the lot.......  then back to SDC to see the sites!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 12:34:55 PM »
You make a complete tour of the park over four hours, head home, and when you get out of the car, your legs are so sore you can barely walk for three days. (True story.)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 12:52:06 PM »
been there, done that.  cardiac hill is a killer!