Author Topic: Discounts for Silver Dollar City  (Read 96784 times)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Discounts for Silver Dollar City
« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2012, 12:54:38 PM »
I have once pondered this thought myself, but with everything that the company has to pay for I see why the ticket prices are the way they are. Also considering the free BAFs they provided to season pass holders costs them as well. And ticket prices are expensive but to me I gladly fork over the 231.00 it costs for my family. It is a spectacular deal. But I live close enough to go more than once. I believe that close to end of december they have really cheap tickets. Find friends on here that have BAFs or coupons. I have one if you are going first Saturday of December you can have.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2012, 02:28:00 PM »
Yes, tickets are a little pricier each year, but they are still comparable to any other theme park.  A senior discount would be nice.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2012, 02:31:27 PM »
Egg on my face!  They do have a senior discount - only $2 - nothing to get excited about.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2012, 04:01:43 PM »
Gilligaa,  unless i am looking wrong.... it is 6.00 difference.....  now u can make a dwon paymend on a funnell cake ;D ;D

.http://www.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/tickets/seasonpasses.aspx?track=SDCMPSPASS

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2012, 07:24:42 PM »
Oops!  Your right, Sand!  I was looking at a one day ticket - $54 vs $56.  $6 for a senior season pass is still not a great discount.  I'll need to take out a loan for that funnel cake and apple dumpling!!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 19, 2012, 08:20:43 PM »
I don't think they lose much on the BAF. What they get in return is bodies that will spend on all the other stuff.
Most folks that use ours wouldn't go without them but they spend a good bit of money when there.

I wonder what the season pass numbers are compared to Dollywood. I believe they had a promotion where you got in free for their Christmas season with the purchase of 2013 passes.

I see Silver Dollar City as having a great asset that is NWA. It's still growing and will only continue to do so. So... this park has a growing permanent population base that will help support it. I don't think Miss Mary and crew knew that the NWA MSA would do this:

The Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers Metropolitan Statistical Area (often referred to as Northwest Arkansas) as defined by the United States Census Bureau is a four-county area including three Arkansas counties and one Missouri county. The MSA is anchored by the Arkansas cities of Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers, and Bentonville — the state's third, fourth, eighth, and 11th largest cities, respectively. The total MSA population in 2000 was 347,045 people. The US Census estimated the population of the MSA to be 464,623 in 2009. From 1990-2000 the Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers MSA was the sixth fastest growing area in the nation.

Still growing

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2012, 08:31:49 AM »
Chittlins: Didn't realize the population in NW Arkansas was at the level mentioned above. How many folks reside in the central Arkansas/Little Rock area? Has NW Arkansas overtaken Little Rock with population yet? Gee, if the "white flight" from Little Rock continues, there won't be anyone left there but the gang bangers.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2012, 10:32:48 AM »
West Little Rock is the area in Central AR that is growing. Area's such as the very successful Chenal Valley is where people are moving. Home prices in Chenal start around $300,000 and work there way up into the millions.
Conway, is also one of Central AR's fastest growing community. Conway is growing quickly.

I would hardly say that LR will be nothing but gang-bangers anytime soon.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:34:12 AM by DollarCityBoy »
You have a great past just ahead of you.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2012, 08:20:49 PM »
I don't think NWA is taking away from Little Rock, It's taking away from other states. I'm shocked no one has opened up a water park along the 540 corridor yet. Some of the major needs for the region is more family oriented options.  The demographics support things like this, Cabela's doesn't just build a huge store like that without doing that homework.

OzarkBred

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2012, 06:03:06 PM »
If anyone is visiting the park Friday 12/28, I have an extra BAF to give away. I'll be there at noon.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2012, 06:16:10 PM »
Anyone planning on going the last day (30th)?, that has 1 BAF available...?  I may be bringing a pair of friends with me and only have 1 left.... thanks

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2012, 02:46:56 AM »
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any BAF tickets for Dec. 20, or 21st?  My family has four, however, we are taking a family with six of the nicest kids you will ever meet. 

Anyone got any to spare that would be there that day.  Even one would help.

Thanks!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2012, 05:44:55 AM »
hatfield, dont forget abot the online discount coupons....  30,00 each, online purchase only,,

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 19, 2012, 07:09:38 PM »
Thanks Sandunerider.  We looked into that. 

Just wanted to pull my request for BAF coupons.  They settled on Friday, but then they have all came down with the stomach flu.  Oh well maybe we can take them next year.  Since they aren't going we won't be going either, which brings me to my next thought.

I hope that SDC keeps offering the BAF coupons with their passes.  It is a nice to be able to get the extra value out of our season passes. It also is a boon for SDC in my opinion.  Everyone we have taken in the past has always bought food, drinks, and sometimes from the gift shop on their way out.  When you take a family of eight including adults along with your family of six it makes for a lot of eat'uns during the day.  14 meals plus cotton candy etc. I'm sure helps the bottom line at SDC.  Not to mention we have purchased passes for years.

In a couple of years my smallest two will need passes and it would be nice to get six BAFs in the future.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 20, 2012, 07:30:07 AM »
The BAF's are a very nice bonus, and with the new "system" ( which i do like), I am sure you will contibue seeing BAF's  for a long time..

the PTB track the BAf's and know that every one that comes in generates additional revenue..